Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 14:36   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well the complainant spoke his facts, presented his paperwork etc.
But it happened off the forum, and we still stood by him. You were saying that we will only question what happens on the forum?

And that was the only point I was disagreeing with.

Rest of the posts here can only be treated as allegations until they are presented with irrefutable proof, as you rightly said.

Except of course the case of Iceman where Keshav himself admits that the garage mechanics screwed up in his absence due to Kidney failure.
tadukuttan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 14:49   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
But it happened off the forum, and we still stood by him. You were saying that we will only question what happens on the forum?

And that was the only point I was disagreeing with.

Rest of the posts here can only be treated as allegations until they are presented with irrefutable proof, as you rightly said.

Except of course the case of Iceman where Keshav himself admits that the garage mechanics screwed up in his absence due to Kidney failure.
No - you seem to want us to take up cases where no facts are apparent that the forum was used. In Harish's case, the facts were verified.

Ok, so Keshav admitted his faults. but then it was not a very nice thing to mock this health issue...unless you did have some facts contrary to this. This case is currently under consideration
Old 28th April 2009, 15:46   #183
Senior - BHPian

Alright people please enough of the one tuner bashing going on here.

lets shift to some other tuners anyone have the review on the following:

1.AR motorsports
2.KS motorsports
3.Race dynamics(i have heard a lot of cars have this ECu but its yet to be reviewed properly)
4.Electra performance

Jitu i'm still waiting for your review on the mumbai tuners.
Viper(jignesh) why aren't you posting here.you have had loads of work done from KS motorsport,Race dynamics,TIC as well.why don't you too post about these tuning experiences.afterall you have a very fast honda.
a lot of other members are also refraining from posting for reasons best known to them.

post up people.name everyone and anyone who has made a difference to your car.after all we now have a responsibility of standing for the truth.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 15:58   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Viper(jignesh) why aren't you posting here.you have had loads of work done from KS motorsport,Race dynamics,TIC as well.why don't you too post about these tuning experiences.afterall you have a very fast honda.

Navpreet,

As much as I would like to contribute to this thread and many others I would refrain from doing so. There have been far too many incidents linking me as doing commercial activity on the forum including being temporarily banned (some wrongful implications, some right) which is against Tbhp rules. I am not allowed to recommend any product/person/service/garage on the forum and my reply on this thread would break those rules which would lead to a permanent ban on me which I do not want.

Hope you understand.

Viper
Old 28th April 2009, 16:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

So that means that you can't even post your views on your own car's build.very very weird.shouldn't we be standing by the truth.also if other tuners are freely posting on this thread and countering to the reviews posted then why can't you post a un biased no holds barred.

Isn't the tuner who's giving replies here and trying to justify the bad review of the customer also commercially saving his business from the the bad effects of the bad review.This is seriously skewed.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:40   #186
Senior - BHPian

Good thread Amit and definitely I still feel this thread withstood the basic idea of its existence between Customer and Tuner Views period.

Great maturity shown by all members posting here though some have taken with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons.

It certainly gives a clear perspective for a potential customer like me to choose a specific tuner not just of the workmanship but also for truly accepting the truth. Be it a sure shot bulls eye or a messed up job as it speaks volumes of the commitment towards the work the tuner is known for.

However,as navpreet commented its only been Bangalore city all the way till now where majority of the customers and the tuner clarifying and taking a clear stand.

so Amit is the 1.6 still waiting to be plonked into my ride ? I kid, I kid .

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 28th April 2009 at 16:52.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:45   #187
Team-BHP Support

If you have to spend time and money on something, learn that something.
Otherwise you will be busy fitting spark plugs in your diesel.

no offence meant nor is it intended.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So that means that you can't even post your views on your own car's build.very very weird.shouldn't we be standing by the truth.
Actually, thats not entirely true. There is a thread, which touches on a couple of things you have raised.

PS: Search..and you'll find more.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

padival,
What navpreet is saying that these threads were before the ban, after Jiggy's(viper) ban he has stopped posting for the reasons he has mentioned above. I too am surprised about this.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:54   #190
Team-BHP Support

Amit, for the sake of the thread going in the right direction, I was wondering if you'd be posting about your Baleno build - Episode 1.

manson.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:21   #191
Senior - BHPian

I think posting or not posting one's experience is one's own decision. To each his own.

BUT posting +ve or -ve reviews would be in the larger interest of the T-Bhp community - so I believe.

You may unknowingly benifit someone, by showing things in the correct light.

Cheers
Old 28th April 2009, 22:20   #192
Senior - BHPian

Well everyone has posted reviews in their own threads.If i was supposed to search and go through them this thread would make no sense.Why don't we have a one stop thread for our own reference so that we can go through it and see the pros and cons of the tuner.

This is that very one stop thread.So that for once and for all this honey coated brickbatting ends and we have a final scene on which tuners have what all pros and cons.

Also even now i haven't seen the reviews of the other Race dynamics users.Lets have a detailed positive review too about that ECU.
All those people who have been supporting and swearing by the Race dynamics ECU please come out and inform us about the ECU.Sitting here in north india we can't even sample a single car tuned by him.so lets hear it from you guys.

i have heard that the Race dynamics is also installed in many many bombay cars.lets have a reviews bombay boys.After all its our first stand alone ECU !
Also i had heard its being put on some race cars racing in chennai and CBE.some reviews about that too.

And again lets not forget the reviews of KS,AR motorsports.

And i'd really like to request Viper and Jitu to post their reviews here.these guys have been there and done it all.It'll be a learning curve for absolutely zero knowledge guys like me.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:35   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And to top it, he blames his rather good mechanic, Vasu, as he was away with a "failed kidney"(story of the year, really!).
Tadu, I felt that was below the belt. Health issues are something I have learnt not to mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is mandatory to have had a bad experience with a tuner or modifier. In your case, you did all the research and told the workshop what to do. So you are the tuner, so blame yourself.
Nice one. I think we should all follow Khan Saabs route. Research on what exactly you want done. What parts you want to use. Where to get them from. But the parts from where you can get them at resonable rates. Take the parts and the Vehicle to your friendly reliable mechanic and tell him what exactly to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
That cheque never came to me ever.
I dont get why Tuners need agents/middlemen.

Quote:
+1 Tadu, I agree we should stand by the truth and the facts even in a Tuners case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Navpreet,

As much as I would like to contribute to this thread and many others I would refrain from doing so. There have been far too many incidents linking me as doing commercial activity on the forum including being temporarily banned (some wrongful implications, some right) which is against Tbhp rules. I am not allowed to recommend any product/person/service/garage on the forum and my reply on this thread would break those rules which would lead to a permanent ban on me which I do not want.

Hope you understand.

Viper
Actually Viper, we are looking forward to comments from people such as yourself. I think the Mods will not block you as long as you dont recommend anything. But you can give your POV freely on the issues at hand.

Mods, do you agree?
If not we need to relook at the rules in view of free speech.

Comeon we are adults here who can make judgements for ourselves. I am sure others will agree (some already have raised this same concern) with me on this.

As below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
padival,
What navpreet is saying that these threads were before the ban, after Jiggy's(viper) ban he has stopped posting for the reasons he has mentioned above. I too am surprised about this.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:10   #194
BHPian

to that or be just plain simple Lucky like me to have a Kick@$$ tuner, who would do all that by himself

Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nice one. I think we should all follow Khan Saabs route. Research on what exactly you want done. What parts you want to use. Where to get them from. But the parts from where you can get them at resonable rates. Take the parts and the Vehicle to your friendly reliable mechanic and tell him what exactly to do.
Old 29th April 2009, 22:01   #195
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
BUT posting +ve or -ve reviews would be in the larger interest of the T-Bhp community - so I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Actually Viper, we are looking forward to comments from people such as yourself. I think the Mods will not block you as long as you dont recommend anything. But you can give your POV freely on the issues at hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
padival,
Hold the surprise, guys. Allow me to clarify.

@ Viper, telling a story is bad enough, but portraying only half the picture is even worse.

Normally, your post would have been deleted immediately. But as your half-storied post has already been viewed by a 100 people and has replies, I will make an exception here and put up some public clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
There have been far too many incidents linking me as doing commercial activity on the forum including being temporarily banned (some wrongful implications, some right) which is against Tbhp rules.
You obviously have little regard for the purpose behind this forum, its principles, rules & policies. That probably explains why your account has received innumerable warnings, infractions & bans.

It's funny you only mention "including being temporarily banned" without specifying the reason behind the same. The sole reason why you were banned was because you dropped a marketing PM to a Bombay newbie who was looking at Civic modifications. He had just come onboard asking for suggestions when you dropped him a private message to the line of "Hi, I can help you out with your modifications. I have done several Team-BHPians cars. Viper performance (IIRC with a link to your website)." I do have the PM archived and if need be, am willing to send it to refresh your memory.

Quote:
I am not allowed to recommend any product/person/service/garage on the forum
Allow me to correct you, and tell it like it is.

1. Firstly, no one has stopped you from recommending any product / person / service / garage. What you have been instructed is this : BEFORE recommending any product or service, you have to pass it by the moderation team. Only if the mod team deems it unbiased will you be allowed to put in a recommendation.

2. The reason behind this enforcement? Simply because you painted Team-BHP red with awesome reviews on Zakie's remaps in about the same quarter that you were in discussions with him for representation. I also have this PM if you need it. Whether it went through or not is none of my business (anyways, you do sell products & services that you don't represent, don't you?), but the fact is...you admitted to coming close to representing his services.

The mod team is convinced that you recommend many products out of commercial interest. And hence, you have been told to pass any recommendation by us. We will arrive at a consensus and let you know of the decision. NOWHERE has anyone prohibited you from recommendations altogether.

Again, this PM is also available in case you have forgotten.

I must warn you that public discussion on moderator activities is strictly prohibited.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks