Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 00:37   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Guys, does my experience of modding my gypsy allow me to post here OR having done a FFE/Headers/Turbo job is mandatory to post in this thread??
It is mandatory to have had a bad experience with a tuner or modifier. In your case, you did all the research and told the workshop what to do. So you are the tuner, so blame yourself.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 02:38   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
When he came back I was in touch with him for the mod job the options given by him in budget were port & polish and headers etc … but things changed and so did my mind when one fine evening I met keshav and got a ride in his awesome turbo esteem( man I love that car not only the engine part of it but for some reason that car looks hot) and I new that I wanted some thing like this.
Well so you do agree I mentioned the NA route and never asked you to go turbo and you had requested a ride when I met you on that day and not me offering to sway your mind.

Quote:
Though my budget was only 50k I had this in my mind that its gonna cost a little more than that.
We (me,keshav & akshay) had a couple of meetings and finally I decided officially that I wanted fi in my car, I got a quote of 1st 80-90k with used parts I agreed though keshav initially said it will cost close to a lakh but after negotiating a bit he agreed for 90k.
Left the car at the garage and I made an initial payment of 30k after a couple of weeks I was asked to make the rest of the payment, since I was low on cash and I was getting this job done without my family’s knowledge I paid another 55k in installments.
At least you cleared this up by mentioning i wasn't involved in the finances directly. Also please point out the request came to me to do the build from 3 people you had approached even after I had mentioned that you do not have experience of owning a modded car and understanding its nuances.

Quote:
Finally after 2 months I was told that the job costs 1.25lakhs and I need to pay the rest of the cash and then take the car.i spoke to keshav and got the car against a cheque of the rest of the money.
That cheque never came to me ever.

Quote:
However the 2nd day after the delivery the pipe connecting the turbo busts.
I took it back to the garage and within a few mins it was replaced . well a simple pipe busting was not a major issue but I wasn’t expecting it.
Since I was new with this turbo and all I didn’t find many issues with the car because I didn’t know if they were issues, so I continued with it and then the time to pay up came.
The car was never delivered. You had requested to take the car home for a day and we had clearly mentioned the tuning was yet to be done as the emanage was still throwing up a engine check light. We had clearly told you that you could take it home in NA form and return the next day to have the work completed. Interestingly you came in a couple of days later (and phone not reachable during that period) with the burst pipe and other sources had confirmed that you had been racing the car and also had met with a small accident, hence the burst pipe. Even when the pipe was replaced you left even before the tune was done or the settlement done.

Quote:
I was called and asked to pay to which I said I will in couple of days, but in the mean while I met with a couple of friends some tbhpians and a few who may not be t bhpians but they know what they talking bout since they have been there done that and told me that this job should not have costed me more than 75% of what I was asked for(which again put my mind into a different track) I felt I was taken for ride just cause of my lack of knowledge in this tuning business.
A close friend who is also a journalist with a well know auto magazine inspected the car and drove it
And confirmed some issues with it.
-the fueling was not correct as soon as the car reached 5psi of boost it gasped as if there is no fuel left.
-there was oil leaking from the turbo or may be somewhere close to the turbo which I also noticed later.
-and then the pipe kept on busting all the time (this according to my friend was casue of low quality pipes used .
And this was the time when I was about to become a father and I had no time to give to my car.
This is really crazy you say the car had problems but never even came back for a repair job? or a final tune?

Now I would also request you to kindly name the people who told you the pricing and please also truthfully also mention if they/he has any tuning experience (as I already know who told you the same)

You knew the car had fuelling issues yet the car was driven up to Yelagiri at full blast, and you never even approached me even though I was there?

Low quality of pipes, yes they were as there was 1 radiator hose put in because of your hurry to take the car home. It was also quite interesting to see that you tried to hold the pipe (the boosted side) together with insulation tape.

Quote:
I kept avoiding them for payment for 2 weeks straight.
I was harassed, threatened but I kept my stand.
One fine day since cause of lack time and other things to think about
I decided there is no point putting more maoey into it asked them to take out parts worth 30k that I had owed them.
Left the car at the garage and after a day or 2 picked it up.
Now here is the best part from the communication that I had, I was told the parts worth 30k would be taken and rest would be handed to anther bhpian.
After a while when I contacted him for the parts worth 85k that I had pay’d for,
I got a turbo which I enquired and found was worth only 8-10k used.
A bov worth 5-8k new and a pipe.
On seeing ti I was disgusted and felt cheated.
I promised my self on that day that I will never ever get any kind of mod job done on any car for the rest of my life.
Most people would wonder why I bought this up now after life an year or so.
Well 1st of all I tried to communicate this in my thread but it was closed,
Since no body wanted to hear me out.
2nd since amit has bought this up I wanted to share what I went through with my mod job adventures.
And I do agree that It was my mistake to have directly communicated with keshav and got every thing sorted out, I didn’t the reason being I did not trust him any longer since it was confirmed that the parts were of lowered quality then promised.
Well one more thing before any body asks
The parts installed in the car were as follows
Greedy piggy back-used (10k according to keshav)
Replica bov-new (8k according to what I was told)
2 meters boost and oil-new (2k each according to keshav)
Turbo-8-10k or may be less-used (was available is shivaji nagar gujri when I had enquired a few months ago)
Pipes and labor-maximum 10k as per my knowledge but can go up may be.
Intercooler –used 25k according to keshav
Apart from this knn filter, spark plug where given by me at the beginning of the project.
and could be some other parts I may not remember but I think that’s all.
The most important part of the story is I am not blaming keshav for cheating me or any thing
Cause from where I see it he didn’t. It was all cause of miscommunication,
There were like a lot of unwanted people trying to act as agents(middle man) trying to make a quick buck and that’s the reason it all got messed up.
Keshav never gave me the correct figure of whats supposed to be paid or what parts are gonna be installed.
Well thank you for settling the garage dues in lieu of the intercooler and the emanage. You knew more than well I had offered that you could pay the bills off in installments and come and have the car tuned properly but you chose to stay away till the unistall finally happened.

@alias: I hold no grudges or vendattas against anyone, have always been open and accessible in all cases (except with Amit) until I have been pushed up the wall. Wish you had told the whole truth instead of the half truth in this thread.

Time for me to go back to keeping quiet again.

Last edited by Psycho : 28th April 2009 at 02:51.
Psycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 02:53   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Well so you do agree I mentioned the NA route and never asked you to go turbo and you had requested a ride when I met you on that day and not me offering to sway your mind.

At least you cleared this up by mentioning i wasn't involved in the finances directly. Also please point out the request came to me to do the build from 3 people you had approached even after I had mentioned that you do not have experience of owning a modded car and understanding its nuances.

That cheque never came to me ever.

The car was never delivered. You had requested to take the car home for a day and we had clearly mentioned the tuning was yet to be done as the emanage was still throwing up a engine check light. We had clearly told you that you could take it home in NA form and return the next day to have the work completed. Interestingly you came in a couple of days later (and phone not reachable during that period) with the burst pipe and other sources had confirmed that you had been racing the car and also had met with a small accident, hence the burst pipe. Even when the pipe was replaced you left even before the tune was done or the settlement done.

This is really crazy you say the car had problems but never even came back for a repair job? or a final tune?

Now I would also request you to kindly name the people who told you the pricing and please also truthfully also mention if they/he has any tuning experience (as I already know who told you the same)

You knew the car had fuelling issues yet the car was driven up to Yelagiri at full blast, and you never even approached me even though I was there?

Low quality of pipes, yes they were as there was 1 radiator hose put in because of your hurry to take the car home. It was also quite interesting to see that you tried to hold the pipe (the boosted side) together with insulation tape.

Well thank you for settling the garage dues in lieu of the intercooler and the emanage. You knew more than well I had offered that you could pay the bills off in installments and come and have the car tuned properly but you chose to stay away till the unistall finally happened.

@alias: I hold no grudges or vendattas against anyone, have always been open and accessible in all cases (except with Amit) until I have been pushed up the wall. Wish you had told the whole truth instead of the half truth in this thread.

Time for me to go back to keeping quiet again.

Sir I am not holding you or any one for that matter responsible for any thing
I mentioned clearly that it was all my fault and not your or anyone else.
What happened between you or anyone else is not my business and neither am I commenting on it
Just saw the thread and thought of posting my story of how and what all happened from my point of view.
I respect you and have no issues with you or any one and I don’t want you to justify or explain yourself cause I got to know the truth.

and what you have mentioned above is true however i got to knwo this only after the turbo was removed but then what happens, happens for the best so its cool

Last edited by alias : 28th April 2009 at 02:55.
Old 28th April 2009, 04:43   #154
Senior - BHPian

Another useless thread on team-bhp. iceman started it with good intent but he probably knew no good would come of it. This is a very personal topic that will continue to remain so until big name companies start getting involved. That way there is professionalism and accountability all laid out in a black-&-white fashion, not the several shades of grey that is so apparent in this thread.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 28th April 2009 at 04:48.
Old 28th April 2009, 09:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

Another thread down the drain.i think this constant clobbering of members is a way to close these types of threads so that the truth doesn't come out.Mods i'd really request you do delete the personally directed posts and none of the reviews by the members.good or bad these members have a right to speak as its their money which has gone down the drain and not the tuners.

I'd really like to give a good reply to some people here but would withhold just for the sake of truth that is being given out in this thread.

Jitu i'm also waiting for your review.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:05   #156
Senior - BHPian

Yes this thread is losing its worth with people insisting on hearing only one side of the story.
People are only interested in blown pipes, not engines being ripped right after a rebuild.

Last edited by amitoj : 28th April 2009 at 10:19.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

This thread is now changing its original color, the so called I like being victimized culture and my side of the story had put the tuner in a rather defensive mode. What I read from Alias’s post seems like he was taken for a big ride, however keshav’s reply has managed to clear some air here, we as customers have lost is patience we have to understand that we have to wait till the tuner gets things right, most of the time it’s not plug and play. This new found wannabe attitude that most of us carry is biggest contributor of our so called bitter experiences, I see a modded car on the street I usually think why not my car, but what I fail to understand is the other side of what it takes to get there not only cost wise but am I responsible enough to drive it like a sane person without risking innocent lives. I have seen many people getting things installed on their cars which they actually have no idea about. I don’t know why people install turbo on their every day office ride if they have no intentions of racing, and if they race and damage something why to blame the tuner of cheap quality stuff? I still feel sorry about ricky’s and AM’s case cause these were dream projects which involved a lot of research, money and time and still they were taken for a ride. I still feel this thread is to debate whether are we biased and not opening up about tuners not doing their jobs up to expectations, let’s all together debate on that and probably come up with a bench mark for services (bare minimum) to be expected, documentation to be maintained and move on, rather than telling other’s our side of the story where every time we ourselves are the heroes and others villains. I feel we need to respect knowledge which psycho has, and not to put him in such an uncomfortable position just my 2 cents (sincere apologies if I offended some one)
Old 28th April 2009, 10:39   #158
BANNED

I don't think this is a useless thread. For someone like me, who has never done a single modification to date, it helps me understand what to expect if I were to ever start getting into this world.
hrag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 10:44   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This thread is now changing its original color, the so called I like being victimized culture and my side of the story had put the tuner in a rather defensive mode. What I read from Alias’s post seems like he was taken for a big ride, however keshav’s reply has managed to clear some air here, we as customers have lost is patience we have to understand that we have to wait till the tuner gets things right, most of the time it’s not plug and play. This new found wannabe attitude that most of us carry is biggest contributor of our so called bitter experiences, I see a modded car on the street I usually think why not my car, but what I fail to understand is the other side of what it takes to get there not only cost wise but am I responsible enough to drive it like a sane person without risking innocent lives. I have seen many people getting things installed on their cars which they actually have no idea about. I don’t know why people install turbo on their every day office ride if they have no intentions of racing, and if they race and damage something why to blame the tuner of cheap quality stuff? I still feel sorry about ricky’s and AM’s case cause these were dream projects which involved a lot of research, money and time and still they were taken for a ride. I still feel this thread is to debate whether are we biased and not opening up about tuners not doing their jobs up to expectations, let’s all together debate on that and probably come up with a bench mark for services (bare minimum) to be expected, documentation to be maintained and move on, rather than telling other’s our side of the story where every time we ourselves are the heroes and others villains. I feel we need to respect knowledge which psycho has, and not to put him in such an uncomfortable position just my 2 cents (sincere apologies if I offended some one)

Pramod,
Agree with a few things and disagree with some.
1.Most of us who have done modifications to our cars are not due to "wannabe" attitudes.
2. Some of us are well aware of what is being done to the car if not it is the tuner's onus to explain the dos and donts as he is the one giving advise and is more well versed.
3. He is charging for this it is not free.(most cases a premium)
4. who is installing the "cheap" parts? Isn't it the tuner?
5. reading and assuming are the biggest mistakes a person can make.
6. I agree this is to debate and benchmark our experiences/reviews of tuners.
7. I agree it is going off track.
8. I am surprised this is becoming a bash one tuner thread, there are many many experiences tbhpians have had with other tuners surprised to see no one posting. maybe they are scared of a ban
Old 28th April 2009, 10:51   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Enough members have paid with their money, patience and frustration - its time to put an end to this nonsense.
That makes me think of the thread title! So we are biased when it comes to taking our own members to task?

We go after every other dealership, Skoda etc, but never ever admonish members who have been using the forum to pick up customers, and then "cheat" them. Why is that? These guys offer freebies to some of us to keep us quiet?

And the funny part is, it is more true for activities from down south, as I have routinely seen commercial mis-users of the forum getting kicked when they are from Bombay/Delhi etc. That has never happened in Bangalore? And the biggest set of public complaints are from Bangalore.

No offence to the Bangalore support team, but just maybe, you could keep an extra eye on this aspect?
tadukuttan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 10:55   #161
Senior - BHPian

I Agree Tadu, a 100%.
What does team bhp do? or rather what do we do?
iceman91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 11:13   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
So far your lackeys have called me up in the middle of the night to abuse me, threaten me, have posted about harming me on TBHP, have used my parents' and family's names, and all sorts of other despicable things. In addition, you have sold me parts that don't work, that only arrived 4 months after I paid for them -- IN ADVANCE.
This thread is all about naming people and coming out with the facts. Why don't you expose what Steeroid has done too. You could for starters name the "Lackeys" and the parts that he "Conned" you into. No point trying to hide facts here na?

Everyone here should get to hear both parts of the story. After reading steeroid's thread one would be "BIASED". Why not set it right here?
Harrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 11:19   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
probably come up with a bench mark for services (bare minimum) to be expected, documentation to be maintained and move on
Agreed Pramod. But the documentation should also include a caveat emptor that the tuner/modifier is not responsible for the damage to the car if the owner does not follow running in instructions given by the tuner/modifier upon delivery of the car. People drive out of the garage with a rebuilt engine with pedal to the metal all the way.

I dont think anyone is biased here really. The so-called victims here know who really is at fault. If my modded car's radiator goes bust when i meet with an accident, i can hardly blame the tuner for it, can i?
Old 28th April 2009, 11:33   #164
Senior - BHPian

Its rather ironic that this thread has started to veer off-topic only when the actual players on the field, i.e. tuners and their customers, have just started posting their experiences (Thankfully, I am just a humble spectator).

Maybe an alternative option is to post the experience first without naming the tuner (or vice versa, if there is a rare case of customer cheating the tuner ). If the tuner is man enough, he can respond, again without naming the customer. This will keep the personal clash out until the story has developed and people can make up their own mind. A bit like those confessionals where they don't get to see the priest and vice versa.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:36   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
If my modded car's radiator goes bust when i meet with an accident, i can hardly blame the tuner for it, can i?
No, but you can certainly blame him for having fouled your car's 'Chi'.
There is no problem so small or so irrelevant that it cannot be blamed on someone else!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks