Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 15:42   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I have a white SX4. I want to install tints on sides and rear. I prefer to go in for darker tints. Can anyone suggest me any particular ones?
My budget is Max 4k.

Try out 3M CS20 its dark and 20% visibility also there. The next darkest is CS5, but too dark.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:49   #662
BHPian

I would like to know the V-Kool variants that would go well with a white Safari for sides and rear. And also the cost in Bangalore, reliable dealer.

I originally narrowed on 3M RE35 for the sides and RE70 for rear, but I learnt that V-Kool has much more heat reflection than the 3M. Also, the RE has mirror finish which can be an inconvenience (glares) to my fellow road users. The cost quoted for 3M RE series on a Safari is Rs.5800.

I have no plans to put one on the front wind-shield.

Kindly suggest.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:42   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Try out 3M CS20 its dark and 20% visibility also there. The next darkest is CS5, but too dark.
Hey thanks! But I went in for Garware Classic; 25% VLT. Was too tempted to go in for 5% but had strict instructions from dad.

For whoever is looking out, it cost me 1600 for sides and rear and the labor.
Found tremendous improvement in cooling (over no films at all).
Its too early to gauge quality and reliability, but overall it meets my expectations.
Old 7th October 2010, 23:29   #664
BHPian

Hi Guys
I recently bought a SEA GREY FIESTA 1.6S. I am thinking about getting the windows tinted. Keeping the colour of my car in mind and the heat rejection capabilities, please suggest some good sunfilms.
I want the sunfilms to be dark enough that no cop notices me but the car should LOOK SMART and FEEL even COOLER. Would 35% be fine or should I buy one with even lower VLT?
I would get all sides tinted.
It gets extremely hot here in Delhi so please suggest accordingly.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 7th October 2010 at 23:30.
Old 7th October 2010, 23:37   #665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi Guys
I recently bought a SEA GREY FIESTA 1.6S. I am thinking about getting the windows tinted. Keeping the colour of my car in mind and the heat rejection capabilities, please suggest some good sunfilms.
I want the sunfilms to be dark enough that no cop notices me but the car should LOOK SMART and FEEL even COOLER. Would 35% be fine or should I buy one with even lower VLT?
Thanks in advance.
Arent cops in your area really strict about film? If they are then you better stick to 50% and if theyre not then 35% or lower will be fine. How much can you spend on film?
Old 7th October 2010, 23:43   #666
Senior - BHPian

planning to put front windscreen sunfilm on my Jazz. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few members. I found that it costs around 5K.
Another alternative is the Garware Icecool shield which will cost me 2800 and comes with the same 5 year warranty and 50% heat rejection as the 3M CR 70.

Money is not a constraint for me as long as it is under 5K.
I just want to make sure the money is well spent. Does 3M have any advantages over the Garware which justifies the almost double price?
Old 8th October 2010, 11:11   #667
BHPian

I am not too sure about strictness but I heard that the tints must be transparent enough that others are able to see who is inside.
What is the legal limit?
Do the cops in Delhi have those gadgets to measure VLT?
Should I be worried? Please suggest.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:18   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Arent cops in your area really strict about film? If they are then you better stick to 50% and if theyre not then 35% or lower will be fine. How much can you spend on film?
Quote:
What is the legal limit?
Do the cops in Delhi have those gadgets to measure VLT?
Should I be worried? Please suggest.
Legal limits are 70% from Front, 50% from sides and back. The strickeness changes depending on 'events' that is going to happen in your city. Are you sure you want to add darker sun films? Darker shades look cool on lighter/brighter colored cars. But sea grey is already darker color, it might not be cool. Again what's cool is subjective. I myself went for lighter colors on my sea Grey! It looks cool to me. I went for Huper optik ceramic based film. In terms of performance, sun film is good.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:52   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
planning to put front windscreen sunfilm on my Jazz. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few members. I found that it costs around 5K.
Another alternative is the Garware Icecool shield which will cost me 2800 and comes with the same 5 year warranty and 50% heat rejection as the 3M CR 70.

Money is not a constraint for me as long as it is under 5K.
I just want to make sure the money is well spent. Does 3M have any advantages over the Garware which justifies the almost double price?

I have been using 3M on my front windscreen in Innova for past 4 years. Heat rejection is pretty good. Its been four years and there is not a speck of a bubble or so whatsoever. I had bought it for 3.5k if I am not mistaken.
Overall, I can vouch for it.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:45   #670
BHPian

I have booked a Jazz. Currently thinking of sun film to be installed from outside.

Can the experts suggest the right choice of sun film for Dark Blue shade.

Have read that V Kool is much better then 3M. Is the difference in price justified?

Currently located in Navi Mumbai any ideas where can i get it installed?
Old 8th October 2010, 18:56   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
I have booked a Jazz. Currently thinking of sun film to be installed from outside.

Can the experts suggest the right choice of sun film for Dark Blue shade.

Have read that V Kool is much better then 3M. Is the difference in price justified?

Currently located in Navi Mumbai any ideas where can i get it installed?
The difference in price between 3M and Vkool is hardly 300 or so rupees. Now what would you pick?

As for the shade, you can never go wrong with black

Also Im talking about the economy range of Vkool with 60% heat rejection. There are higher ranges with 70%,90+% of heat rejection which are pricey.

The dealers for Mumbai are car world I think, you can google it. They have a shop in Andheri im reasonably sure.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:57   #672
BHPian

Thanks Akshay for the replay. I think to be clear you are saying to go for V Kool right?

Also can you let me know which Sun Film to go for and if possible also give me some idea about the price for the same.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:08   #673
Senior - BHPian

@scrooze,

Vkool has two outlets of its own in Bombay, though they will supply through any other car accessory shop too.

The one closest to New Bomaby is in Chembur. It is on the main sion-panvel road on your left hand side as you drive towards Sion , across the road from the Bezzola complex which houses a Maruti dealer along with a fairly large second hand car dealership.

Get it done there as they will do it inside their shop and not on the road side which is the way to get any car film installed. I got my OHC done there some years ago. The only thing I ensured was that they cut out the film in front of me from the master roll as it is only the box which reads the film model etc. and when you are paying through your nose you got to be careful. At the end of it all they did give a wty. certificate etc.

The other shop is in Juhu close to the boundary wall of the old airport, next to the Pawan Hans office. This is a much bigger facility but then it is too far.

Do post pics of your ride once filmed.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:11   #674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Thanks Akshay for the replay. I think to be clear you are saying to go for V Kool right?

Also can you let me know which Sun Film to go for and if possible also give me some idea about the price for the same.
Depending on how much you can spend, I would recommend K37 which is black or T35 which is slightly reflective. Both are 35% films, and cops in Bombay dont really trouble you about them. Both also are of the economy range and have heat rejection of 60%. I paid 5500 after a slight discount for my Accord, so im guessing yours will be about the same.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:49   #675
BHPian

Khoj i think got both the locations and will get the work done from there.

Akshay 5,500 does that include windscreen also?

As some days back during a small car exibation i was told V kool will cost me around 13K for Jazz with a further discount of 1K. That was the reason in my 1st post had asked about the price difference between Vkool and 3M.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks