Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 16:51   #61
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

I have been using spareshub.com for the past 2 years and I must say I am extremely satisfied with their service and commitment. Till date I have never experienced any spurious product and I have saved a lot especially on Honda spares.

I would highly recommend them to anyone. In case you dont see the parts on their catalogue please leave a message, they will revert back to you in a day or two.

Only negative that I see in their process is the shipment cost. They usually charge flat 10% which is usually much less as per my personal experience.
dip27in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:08   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

So, I had ordered two sets of minor parts from Boodmo in 3rd week Aug. I got a call late last week from a Boodmo bloke from Haryana advising me the battery -ve cable/strap had arrived and would be shipped soon. Asked about the filters he said they're expected in a few days and would be shipped ASAP.

One (battery cable) was delivered today and I am waiting for the 2nd part the oil filters to be delivered.

Advantages;

a) You can order most parts online using a detailed spare part catalogue which has diagrams and part numbers. This information is critical when ordering either online, from an ASC or in the open market. You will get the right part if you use the catalogue.

b) The part is OEM as claimed. Which is a relief! No fakes or after market junk.

Disadvantages:

a) There's a ~30% premium on parts ordered at Boodmo including their shipping charges and so called "iGST" (GST my foot!) as per the invoice received.

b) Order fulfilment is SLOOOWW!! You need to be patient. An order takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks to fulfil especially those ordered from overseas. Boodmo gets most of its parts from Indian and UAE outlets.

My advice? Order online ONLY if you can't get the parts elsewhere. After some unpleasant emails sent to TKM, the local dealer called and agreed to sell me whatever parts I need. Told them that was a good thing because I had ordered from overseas which in turn was a loss for TKM and the local dealer.

Went to the local ASC and stocked up on some spares including coolant and air filter and oil filters. And set up a post-Diwali service appointment since I need to get the brake fluid flushed and changed. I don't trust the FNG to do this critical job.

I got a set of Bosch rear brake pads from Amazon India @ 1/5th the price of the OEM which in turn are also Bosch manufactured. While I always choose OEM spares, here was a price difference I simply could not ignore. TKM needs to rationalise those brake pad prices for sure.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 00:10   #63
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4265161

Here is the link from the other thread regarding my experience with Boodmo.

To cut it short, i feel cheated. Never ordering again as i doubt the genuineness of the parts being sold by them.
Old 18th September 2017, 16:17   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

For my order dated 18th Aug, a part of the order was delivered on 7th Sept and the final set of parts came today. ETA was exactly 1 month.

The biggest relief is the spares are genuine Toyota. One part was sourced from India (TKM) and the other 2 sourced from the UAE.

At the end of the buy from Boodmo only if you can't get the spares elsewhere and plan ahead for your requirement. You want spares ASAP and cheaper? Look elsewhere.
Old 21st September 2017, 13:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

60 Days and counting still not got all my parts. Now they have Canceled several of my doers mentioning parts not available.
They have said they will refund me, Now I need to wait for that.
The issues about some items which are marked as shipped and deliverd but has never reached me still remains.

Lesson learned from Boodmo! Never order several parts from these guys. They can not manage things and are unable to follow what all has been sent and what has not.

In the meanwhile I order some small items from
http://www.partsbigboss.in/

Very fast delivery within 5-7 days. They charge extra for shipping - Rupees - /140 But I got the items very quickly.
Old 21st September 2017, 13:39   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

In the meanwhile I order some small items from
http://www.partsbigboss.in/

Very fast delivery within 5-7 days. They charge extra for shipping - Rupees - /140 But I got the items very quickly.
Partsbigboss is good for non crucial spares, or those which have been discontinued and you have no other option, because they deal in non genuine(Littal branded mostly) spares, which are of average quality at best. My friend once ordered fuel filters of 5 Speed 800, which were in short supply in those days. They sent littal branded filter, which burst open and started leaking the moment we started the car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Online Tire shop

Online Tire Shop.

Delivery anywhere in India

Contact Person: pranay patel, Surat

Mobile Number: 9904101399
SirAlec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 15:32   #68
BHPian

Re: Online Tire shop

Any experience with them? seem very very new and with a site under construction.
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Seems like they used the template of a textile site.
We have Georgette, Embroidered and Silk tyres for the very first time and sizes are in 34,36,38,40 etc.
esteem_lover is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Online Tire Shop.

Delivery anywhere in India

Contact Person: pranay patel, Surat

Mobile Number: 9904101399
Tried calling them up at the above number as I was in search for GoodYear tyres for my 800 project in KL. But the calls went unanswered.

Though found that the address mentioned for the above website is the same as that of Sai Tyres in Surat,Gujarat. If anyone has experience dealing with them please let me know. I'm up for an experiment.

http://saityres.org/tyres/contact/

Best sites to buy parts online-screen-shot-20170922-4.54.35-pm.png

Update

They actually called me back and assured delivery in my KL address where the 800 is getting taken care of and also assured me of mid 2017 manufacturing date tyre.
Will be completing the purchase shortly and updating you guys.

Last edited by johannskaria : 22nd September 2017 at 17:20.
johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 20:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Tried calling them up at the above number as I was in search for GoodYear tyres for my 800 project in KL. But the calls went unanswered.

Though found that the address mentioned for the above website is the same as that of Sai Tyres in Surat,Gujarat. If anyone has experience dealing with them please let me know. I'm up for an experiment.

Update

They actually called me back and assured delivery in my KL address where the 800 is getting taken care of and also assured me of mid 2017 manufacturing date tyre.
Will be completing the purchase shortly and updating you guys.

He is from Surat. Do try calling him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Any experience with them? seem very very new and with a site under construction.

Site is just started. He was selling on amazon before this.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd September 2017 at 23:24. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT and Multi Quote functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post instead. Thanks :)
Old 22nd September 2017, 22:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

I would wait until the website is 100 Operational.

Check out the tyre size chart

Best sites to buy parts online-half.jpg
Old 22nd September 2017, 23:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the rates do seem on the lower side. I am willing to order from him. Will first try on my WagonR CNG which will be a year old and has done 42k kms so far. Tyres look good, but I will anyway change them by the 50k mark (in about 45 days).

The Abarth has just crossed the 30k mark in about 16 months. Will be changing them around the 40-45k km odo. If all goes well with the WagonR, I will get the Michelins for the Abarth.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 16:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

I tried ordering from http://www.autotrends.in/
This was for a small Air Filter which was marked as available on their website. I choose COD Option as I didn't want o take a risk. Within 24 hours I get a confirmation call asking if I wish to proceed with the order and then the product would get dispatched.

Next day I get a call saying part is not in Stock and they wont be able to arrange this, so they have to cancel the order.
I am glad they informed me quickly and updated me on the order status and canceled the order.
I went to JC road and somehow sourced this product locally.

In the Meanwhile - >
boodmo.com

I have close to Rs -2,200 - 2500 -/ stuck with them, Its been about 95 days now! I was promised a refund last month but that still hasn't happened.

I am not able to reach them via Phone! anyone else facing this problem ?
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:24   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
In the Meanwhile - > boodmo.com
Boodmo is a regular advertiser with us & thus, I'm in touch with them on a weekly basis. Am forwarding your post to them.

Because I work with them, I did bring these complaints to their notice. Guess the sheer volumes caught them out and they were unprepared. They readily accept the negative feedback and are willing to work toward it.

Am told they've put in place a lot of new processes recently, including touching every product bought from their platform to make sure that it is exactly the same as what was ordered (touching every item helps to control all processes - time, packing quality, resolving any issue). From November, they are planning to open a separate sorting centre in Kashmir Gate (main location of spare parts in Delhi).

Yevgen (co-founder) told me that if there is a complaint, just drop an email to info@boodmo.com - every claim will be solved (whether refund or replacement).

They've also expanded the team to a total of 45. I sure hope the complaints go down now:
Best sites to buy parts online-1.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-20171016_062831596_ios.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-20171016_062848351_ios.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-20171016_063324113_ios.jpg
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks