Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 11:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Boodmo strikes again.

I had ordered a rear wiper for my old Swift. I checked on Boodmo for the required part and placed an order after confirming the part number on Team BHP. Oriparts diagram also showed the part as Rear Window Wiper.

What I received in the package (delivered in 2 days) was a 20" front wiper instead. My Swift uses 21/19" configuration while the rear wiper is 10" in length. There was no MGP branding and the wiper arrived in loose packing, rolled in a bubble wrap.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_201810291133222.png

Raised a return request on 26th but cancelled it today. There were no updates on the return process till now and I decided it was not worth the hassle.

The unbranded conventional wiper from Boodmo costed Rs. 285 while my recent Bosch Eco front blades that I sourced locally costed Rs. 300 for a set of 2.

Unhappy with the experience. The customer care team wasn't very helpful either. They give a standard reply on chat window and a ticket is created, after which things start rolling but at an incredibly slow pace. I was tempted to get a few more small parts from Boodmo but have decided to stick to MGP stores from now.

Last edited by self_driven : 29th October 2018 at 11:36.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 09:33   #137
BHPian

Placed an order for Elite i20 tail light assy with Boodmo on 09/10/2018. While placing the order it showed free delivery of 9 days. More than a month later and various chats and calls with customer care, I am being told that the part is back ordered and they cannot provide confirmed delivery dates (The first 2 agents even gave me false delivery dates).

I went ahead and cancelled the order. The least they can do is update their website to show the part as back ordered which still shows delivery of 9 days if placing a fresh order as on today.

This is my first experience with Boodmo. Looks like I will just stick to buying parts from the ASC rather online.
aditya.86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 13:54   #138
BHPian

What would be a good place to source suspension parts for Esteem VXI?
Old 4th December 2018, 00:50   #139
BHPian

Dear BHPians. Im looking for Suzuki Jimny front radius arms of the coil spring version ideally from UAE for my gypsy. Any idea if any online parts retailer could source and ship them to me ? Pics for ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-dsc00001.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-toyotalandcruiser105serieswagonblue727873.jpg  

Old 1st January 2019, 11:07   #140
BHPian

From my experience so far with Boodmo, they are pretty unorganized, and sometime you get an impression of no response, but for sure they reply back or call you for every instance of concern you raise. they way of communication lacks clarity, for e.g.
1. All items on website says delivery is 15 days assured, but when you order it they come back saying that they have put it in back order. but for sure, I did receive the items after 2 months time.
2. The auto replies from the customer care lacks clarity
3. returns refund takes long time, in one instance it took more than a year for me to get refund. this was when I complained for my next order delay, they checked and refunded.

One thing to appreciate is that they are starting this trend, which is helping everyone. the dealer network in background is very poor. I notice hardly 3-4 dealers from Rajasthan and Delhi (this may be the reason whey the items to south part of India are always delayed). If they are able to create a competition among the dealers on this website, it may improve.

With the recent experience with Boodmo, my confidence is increasing everytime I buy an item online with them..
Old 8th January 2019, 23:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

This is my second bad experience with Boodmo.

Ordered oil filter for 2012 Innova and I think I got used oil filter. Attached herewith are the images of filter I received. Thankfully, I didnt get it installed. My previous experience with Boodmo was also not pleasant, they sent in wrong oil filter for my Swift. Will be taking up with Boodmo for replacement.

Note the dual stickers in first image.Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_230139.jpg

Below is the image taken after I removed the sticker on top.

Best sites to buy parts online-img20190108wa0184.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_230151.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_230322.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_233254.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_233323.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_233340.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-20190108_233401.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th January 2019 at 00:03.
aaggoswami is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 17:13   #142
BHPian

In the last one month I have bought few parts for Honda Civic from Vikas of sparesncare.com and I am quite happy with the delivery times. Both the orders were dispatched mostly on the day of payment and reached me within 3 to 4 days time. Vikas was quite helpful in answering my queries over WA conversations and also gave better rates than Boodmo.

I have used Boodmo also earlier, though they have vast items listed on their website, even for the items that are available in stock as per the listing, they take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks to deliver. When I ordered a part for Corolla, it was showing as available, but when I contacted them after couple of days of order, they said it was on back order and finally I got the item towards of end of month.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

Any Recent Feedback for 99rpm? their shipping rates are insane! They are asking for Rs 180 as standard shipping & Handling + 20 Rupees for every additional item!
So if you have 3 items in your cart - you end up paying = Cost of 3 items + 180 (first item) + 40 (20x2 additional items)

I decided to try out https://www.thesparescompany.com/ and ordered some Royal Enfield and Bajaj parts. Opted for COD as a mode of payment. I didn't want to run behind these guys if my order was not fulfilled. 12 Hours after placing the order, I get an SMS saying my order has been cancelled! No reason why no calls, no emails anything. Just an SMS saying it has been cancelled.
For now, it seems like Boodmo is the lesser evil

Last edited by navin : 16th June 2019 at 09:35.
Old 9th March 2019, 20:43   #144
BHPian

During a DIY spark plug change on my Punto 1.2, the 4th cylinder spark plug cable wouldn't come off easily and after a lot of effort , came off but was damaged. At that point I repaired it temporarily as I did not have a spare. Original FCA comes as a pair, 1st and 4th set, but I needed only one. Since the Indica Vista Safire has the identical part, I decided to try my luck and it was indeed sold as a single piece. Found the part on Boodmo and there was a 10% discount too. The local store didn't have it in stock as it is a "rare" car! Hence placed order on Boodmo and it arrived in about 10 days time. However, the internal plastic packaging was tampered, although the product was brand new and with stickers and all. The contacts were also shiny and with no abrasion or scuff. Overall, not too bad an experience with Boodmo.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 21:50   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I ordered a couple of parts from them on COD way back in Nov '18 and haven't heard from them since. Interestingly, they called me within an hour of sending an enquiry before I ordered.
Old 10th March 2019, 02:23   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Dear BHPians. Im looking for Suzuki Jimny front radius arms of the coil spring version ideally from UAE for my gypsy. Any idea if any online parts retailer could source and ship them to me ? Pics for ref.
There is web portal based out of UK that has these parts available for 215 Euros (plus shipping).

Here's the link: https://www.jimnybits.com/suzuki-jim...dius-arms.html

Good luck!
Old 16th April 2019, 12:20   #147
BHPian

Colleagues, i have been looking for a part for my automatic Vento. The hook of Gearbox flap has broken and its moving freely. Could someone extend some help on how to procure this part? VW authorised centre has quoted 35k for this part.
Old 16th April 2019, 13:18   #148
BHPian

Best sites to buy parts online-gearbox-flap.jpg

I am precisely looking out for this part. Any help?
Old 16th April 2019, 16:47   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I am precisely looking out for this part. Any help?
Hi,
You can check with Roman
https://vk.com/market-82401118
He might have this product. Please check availability and price with him.

Regards.
Old 25th May 2019, 13:14   #150
BHPian

I had ordered a cabin filter for my car from Parts Big Boss https://www.partsbigboss.in/ on 13th May. Till now order has not been shipped and no answers to my email. Its a fraud site in my books. If anyone wants to try this site, better you opt for COD otherwise you can get conned like I was.
heavenlybull is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks