Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 01:08   #241
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

I too have faced unsavory experiences from both websites. Parts Boss didn't provide the right parts to begin with as they were not the same specifications as described. I didn't return that because I didn't want the hassle and it wasn't too much of a dent in my pocket to begin with. But Boodmo i placed and order on 17th of Dec for my Figo for the top roof runner strips and only beginning of Feb they came back telling me the parts were unavailable after changing the delivery date multiple times and me having to follow up with them many times too.. Quite unhappy about it as they didn't do much to apologize either in fact after telling me they would refund me had to follow up with them for that as well. Really Bad Customer Service if you ask me.
Zooster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:06   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac23 View Post
I'd like to share my experience of ordering parts from boodmo and PartsBigBoss (PBB) recently.
I wanted front struct bush kit for my car. The one in PBB was supposedly a 6
To sum it up, I would never ever order from PBB again and would gladly do business with boodmo. I hope this helps others.
2 of my orders from PBB have never been delivered to date! It's been over 2 years now Thankfully the order value was too small to follow up with them.
I did try for a couple of months and then decided never to order from them again.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:29   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooster View Post
I too have faced unsavory experiences from both websites. Parts Boss didn't provide the right parts to begin with as they were not the same specifications as described. I didn't return that because I didn't want the hassle and it wasn't too much of a dent in my pocket to begin with. But Boodmo i placed and order on 17th of Dec for my Figo for the top roof runner strips and only beginning of Feb they came back telling me the parts were unavailable after changing the delivery date multiple times and me having to follow up with them many times too.. Quite unhappy about it as they didn't do much to apologize either in fact after telling me they would refund me had to follow up with them for that as well. Really Bad Customer Service if you ask me.
The trick while ordering from boodmo is to look for 'boodmo fulfilled' items. These are items that are in stock and the estimated delivery date would also be within 1 week and it will be delivered in the promised time as well.

Recently, they also added the feature to show the number of stock for each item.

For all other items which don't have the stock number or boodmo fulfilled badge, the shown delivery date is purely hypothetical and sometimes they won't even be able to source the part after multiple reschedules. We can only try our luck. I ordered something like that and they rescheduled it multiple times and finally delivered it after a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
2 of my orders from PBB have never been delivered to date! It's been over 2 years now Thankfully the order value was too small to follow up with them.
I did try for a couple of months and then decided never to order from them again.
That's so bad. I hope no one falls into this trap.

Last edited by sac23 : 22nd February 2022 at 16:30. Reason: typo
sac23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 14:40   #244
BHPian

I had ordered the air filter from Boodmo and for the past 2 months they keep pushing the delivery date, I had to lastly cancel it and visit the HASS.

This month I ordered the Skull Cap (Right) from Boodmo and the item delivered to me is the Left one. The transparent packaging plastic which carries the code, price, batch number etc of Honda is torn - opened earlier.

Hopeless business by Boodmo, although I have claimed the return and refund.
Old 18th March 2022, 12:43   #245
Senior - BHPian

Boodmo seems to be going down the drain while partsbigboss seems to be maturing. A few years ago pbb needed a lot of follow up and they used to send random parts while boodmo would send the stuff on time and the exact same part, and they were extra helpful with part identification and returns. Now pbb sends stuff on time and their product listings are detailed enough, while boodmo collects payments for anything and everything, sits on the money for months claiming products which were shown in stock have suddenly gone out of stock overnight and the best case scenario is a refund.

Boodmo is beginning to look like a nice scam to generate free working capital honestly.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 14:04   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Boodmo seems to be going down the drain while partsbigboss seems to be maturing. A few years ago pbb needed a lot of follow up and they used to send random parts while boodmo would send the stuff on time and the exact same part, and they were extra helpful with part identification and returns. Now pbb sends stuff on time and their product listings are detailed enough, while boodmo collects payments for anything and everything, sits on the money for months claiming products which were shown in stock have suddenly gone out of stock overnight and the best case scenario is a refund.

Boodmo is beginning to look like a nice scam to generate free working capital honestly.
Are Boodmo doing this even for those products in stock? I ordered 3 parts, different manufacturers, parts were marked in stock. Shipped and delivered in 2 days.

Yes, if the part is not in stock, the lead time they provide at the time of order is not reliable. They keep pushing the timelines.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 15:32   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

My take on GoMechanic: Ordered Engine guard for my XL6 which has taken some damage. Some stats:

Part Ordered: 72410M54T00
Ordered On: 4th March 2022
Promised Delivery date: 21st March 2022

The price offered was lucrative, after some initial discounts and offer on Simpl, it's cost was Rs. 1399 whereas the MRP is Rs. 1700. Meanwhile, the engine guard deteriorated further, and I had to get it fixed locally or remove it altogether. My MASS had the part in stock and thus I decided to cancel the order. Had this been Boodmo, it would have been a simple fuss free affair. Not with GoMechanic.

-Initially they didn't have any cancellation option from user end. Only way out was via call.

-Called Customer care on 7th and they informed that the part has been procured and will be dispatched on 8th. First of the many lies. Decided to wait.

-One full week goes by and there was no update on the app, and neither did I receive the product. I again call them and they repeat the same story, part has been procured and they'll ship out same day.

-I wait for 2 days, and again no activity from their end. This time their Help section on app goes live. I try to cancel the order and this is what the automated message reads:

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220316164945_gomechanic-spares.jpg

I thought finally the order has been dispatched, since the system won't lie. But I was wrong, the executive confirmed they need more time:

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220316165332_gomechanic-spares.jpg

I requested for cancellation, and they requested me not to. I was done with their lying so I told him to go ahead with cancellation. But seems the ordeal wasn't over. It's been more than 2 working days, still the order hasn't been cancelled from their end, despite my repeated requests for the same.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220318152152_gomechanic-spares.jpg

Either their team is very inefficient or they are real scamsters. Either way, it was not a very good experience. Highly recommend going for Cash on Delivery option when dealing with them. I do understand that procuring spares does take time and may often overshoot promised delivery timeline. But the issue here is that you are at their mercy once you've parted with your money. No proper cancellation option, lies by their customer support team and now they are dragging their feet over cancellation too.
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:04   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

GoMechanic is a shady company. I would not deal with such aggregator who are also notorious for shady offline practices as well. For me Boodmo is the best available right now due to the availability of detailed part listing and fast delivery for items in stock
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 04:37   #249
BHPian

I have been buying parts from boodmo for some time. I have been relatively happy with them when it comes to buying parts for my car.

I always search by car make and VIN number to guarantee that I am on the right page. The search for the required part then takes the course of looking at the picture descriptions and price quotes. There are OEM and AFM (After market parts), my first choice is always OEM, however, let's assume that for a specific OEM part whose price is too high compared to an AFM, and if I can use an AFM instead then I go for an AFM. The confusion is which AFM vendor to trust, on top of that there is always a price difference amongst them.

As someone already mentioned, those parts that are fulfilled by boodmo are the ones they are likely to deliver as soon as possible. But these are the usual service parts like air, oil, cabin filters.etc. I have bought these in multiples from them and they arrive as soon as possible. The issue comes when it comes to other parts. For example, in the course of the past 2 years. I have bought front, rear shockers, struts, brakes pads, ignition coil packs, spark plugs, some engine mounts. Baring some of the engine mounts and brake pads rest were all OEM parts. These parts they don't keep in stock which meant longer wait times. I had a rare instance where I had to wait for 30 days to get a part. They keep sending weekly emails about the delay in getting the part, so that's a little disappointing.

Nevertheless, I have a grouse with them regarding the price of a particular part which I want to procure for them. I am looking for a brake master cylinder and booster. The price they have quoted for these 2 OEM parts exceeds the price quoted by the carmaker service center! I had come across this issue last year for a different OEM part and I had duly sent their support email regarding the same. However, they refused to budge and didn't fix the price of that part on their website for me and other users to buy. Now I am in the same situation, I am thinking of sending another email to their support staff and maybe following their escalation matrix. But this is exasperating.
Old 29th March 2022, 10:09   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Boodmo has started to truncate the part number displayed in the product listing. I wonder why?! It was super useful to get to know the product number for each item, especially for OEM parts.

Earlier they removed the option of being able to explore the exploded view of the parts for each car model and now this!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th March 2022 at 10:22.
Old 30th March 2022, 22:21   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
My take on GoMechanic:
Update: Got the refund back after involving a fellow BHPian who refuses to be named. Thanks buddy.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 11:56   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My take on GoMechanic: Ordered Engine guard for my XL6 which has taken some damage.
Seems the GoMechanic saga isn't over yet. They refunded me the amount on 19th, but their app still showed processing. They shipped me the part on 24th, 5 days after refunding.

Best sites to buy parts online-img20220325wa0054.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220331112443_gomechanic-spares.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220331112553_messages.jpg

I wasn't expecting the package, neither was the caretaker aware. He received it just like any other package and I was shocked to see this courier from GoMechanic.

Best sites to buy parts online-20220331_111957.jpg

I'm not opening the package as of now, since I expect them to wake up soon and pick the part.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st March 2022 at 11:57.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 18:39   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got the refund back after involving a fellow BHPian who refuses to be named. Thanks buddy.

Regards,
Shashi
If this gentleman is watching, I could use some help too!
I placed an order for a car cover and the only things I've recieved till now are stories and excuses.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_202203311843112.png

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220331184223.png

Last edited by greenhorn : 31st March 2022 at 18:49.
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 19:52   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If this gentleman is watching, I could use some help too!
The "genital"man is asking for date of your payment.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 18:42   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The "genital"man is asking for date of your payment.

Regards,
Shashi
Got a message that the refund has been processed
Thank you and the "genital" man for the help sorting it out !
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks