Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 12:07   #331
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Hello, my Passat is due for a service next month and I would like to purchase a 5 liter tub of liqui moly toptec 4100 (5w40). I usually buy it on Amazon for around 5500/- but the price on Amazon is now around 7500/-

I found it to be cheaper on a website caller Motor parts junction (motorpartsjunction.in). Can someone please share their experience with this vendor. I am concerned if I would receive the original product. Thanks
vw_passat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 12:29   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_passat View Post
Hello, my Passat is due for a service next month and I would like to purchase a 5 liter tub of liqui moly toptec 4100 (5w40). I usually buy it on Amazon for around 5500/- but the price on Amazon is now around 7500/-

I found it to be cheaper on a website caller Motor parts junction (motorpartsjunction.in). Can someone please share their experience with this vendor. I am concerned if I would receive the original product. Thanks
They are genuine, I know few people who have bought oils and parts from here. Owner is also genuine, I had paid for something, but changed my plans, he refunded amount without any trouble.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:18   #333

Genuine car parts

Hey everyone,

I recently had my car's brake pads serviced. And I can tell they are fake. Where to source original brembo/other performance parts?

Also, where do guys from punjab, chandigarh and haryana buy their engine oils from?

I have anxiety issues and the rear pads turning out to be fake is not helping the recently done oil change from the same shop. I did buy the oil filter from dealership. But my anxiety gets the best of i. It very well could be the trust issues instilled in me by the trustworthy society.
Someone help. My brain is going to fry from all the over thinking. Ordering tool kits from the money I got for my birthday, instead of partying or whatever. The website says to re calibrate the torque wrench. How is that done?
Could someone tell me where to buy good tools from? I am browsing wurth.in.

Regards,
Old 4th September 2023, 01:04   #334
BHPian

Re: Genuine car parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqil View Post
Hey everyone,

I recently had my car's brake pads serviced. And I can tell they are fake. Where to source original brembo/other performance parts?
From where did you get the brake pads serviced? If it was from an ASC, then question them how can they replace with fake product? If not from an ASC, be cautious next time when getting the major parts like brake pads serviced.

For genuine products, one way is you can check the website/app of "Boodmo", who ship genuine and aftermarket products for your automobile. You will have to bear the shipping charges, if applicable. Another way is head to a nearby ASC, buy the part from them and get it fixed at a trusted FNG.

The second option may not work with few ASC. I recently checked for a part with Toyota ASC and they denied saying that selling of parts outside directly to customer is not done anymore.

Drive safe!
Sud.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:21   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_passat View Post
Had a pleasant experience with them always. Ordered multiple times in the past few months.
Had a similar query before I placed my first order. Answered it myself (Best sites to buy parts online) a few months later.
They even have an app now. It has become my go-to for auto parts.
Old 14th September 2023, 09:40   #336
Senior - BHPian

Ordered new wiper blades (Schaeffler brand) for my City from motrparts. Placed order on 6th Sept and got it delivered yesterday (13-Sept).

Ease of order - good
Price - good
Packaging - good
Delivery- good

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th September 2023 at 10:09.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 09:49   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrant55 View Post
Hey,
Since no one has answered this, I am answering my own question.
Had recently ordered from both Numoto Scuderia and Motorparts Junction.
Just wanted to update regarding Numoto Scuderia. Recently wanted some oil and checked their site, they seem to become more of a fashion site. There are very few auto related items.
Quadrant55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 14:52   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to update regarding Numoto Scuderia. Recently wanted some oil and checked their site, they seem to become more of a fashion site. There are very few auto related items.
The other website you mentioned earlier, https://www.motorpartsjunction.com, is no longer active. It's advisable to steer clear of such websites or companies. As the saying goes, "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't"!
Old 8th November 2023, 19:25   #339
BHPian

Wanted to try Boodmo for the first time and found out that delivery charges are extra. Any other trustworthy site for ordering parts (I want car side mirror assembly)?
Old 11th November 2023, 09:13   #340
BHPian

https://www.detailedclean.in/

Has anyone used these guys?
Want to get the Poorboys Bug spray and can't find it anywhere else except with them. Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 15:25   #341
Senior - BHPian

boodmo's attempt to fully automate their support sucks.
Their automated channels do not work (I have been trying to create a return request via website, app and form, and none of them work (all keep throwing random errors)
there is no other way to connect with them either. their phone number is an IVR that just sends you a link to the website
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 22:33   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
Wanted to try Boodmo for the first time and found out that delivery charges are extra. Any other trustworthy site for ordering parts (I want car side mirror assembly)?
Boodmo's shipping costs, I find them to be exorbitant. Besides if you keep building up order from the same vendor, every addition will increase the shipping cost with the same amount of you were to order it separately.
Old 16th November 2023, 08:47   #343
Senior - BHPian

As a platform, Boodmo has gone to the dogs! I have been a regular customer for the last 5-6 years. And unfortunately, the overall experience goes down with every purchase.

1) There is a minimum order value. Not a major issue but it is a major inconvenience to find items to add just to reach that threshold. I think this rule should be exempt for orders where shipping cost of items is almost equal to their selling price.

2) Shipping costs are unreasonable for some items. There are free delivery offers from time to time though. Delivery charges come down as you increase the product quantity. I've seen this in case of small items such as screws and clips that can be packed together. Still, shipping charges on average are higher than you'll expect.

3) Long delivery times for non-fulfilled items. Such orders take more than a week to arrive. Good thing is that fast moving items, such as air filters and wipers, are fulfilled by Boodmo and delivered in reasonable time.

4) Old stock galore. This has been the biggest deal-breaker for me. When compared to Amazon, product stock is surprisingly old. In my personal experience, even items fulfilled by Boodmo have mostly turned out to be 8-10 months old (or more). Also, one can easily make out that they haven't been stored/handled carefully.

5) Customer support is not easily approachable. There was a time when Boodmo team used to answer my queries promptly on e-mail. They used to help with correct part numbers, suggest replacement parts and do a follow-up after some days. Not anymore. Queries go unanswered and even otherwise, the team is not very helpful now.

6) Product range has come down drastically. Except commonly used parts such as oil and air filters, most of the parts from OEMs (except Maruti) are not readily available. Moreover, Boodmo has now added aftermarket players for really low quality accessories (like microfiber, polishes, mud flaps and chrome trims), the kind you find on Amazon and Flipkart.

7) From what I've heard, Boodmo is not very return-friendly. My last return experience with them was a couple of years back though. After contesting with them with proofs like in a court case, the return didn't go through as their team wanted me to arrange a reverse pickup. I left it at that as the product value was not more than 350-400 bucks.

Considering the above, I don't prefer Boodmo for online purchases now. Almost every Maruti part is available with MGP stockist, dealerships or local FNGs. Brands such as Hyundai have commonly used parts readily available with FNGs. For engine oils and accessories, I choose from the various returnable options on Amazon. In addition to Amazon, I frequently use Motorogue for audio-related and Planetcarcare for detailing needs.

Hope this information helps others to set their expectations and plan online purchases accordingly.

Last edited by self_driven : 16th November 2023 at 08:50.
self_driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 09:37   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The other website you mentioned earlier, https://www.motorpartsjunction.com, is no longer active.
Hey,
Just checked this. The site is still active. But the web address has changed from .com to .in.

Quote:
They even have an app now. It has become my go-to for auto parts.
As I had mentioned before they have an app too. Have used that for my last few purchases, so haven't check the website in some time.
Old 21st November 2023, 09:54   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ordered new wiper blades (Schaeffler brand) for my City from motrparts. Placed order on 6th Sept and got it delivered yesterday (13-Sept).

Ease of order - good
Price - good
Packaging - good
Delivery- good
I ordered blades too, but unfortunately what they list as clearly compatible with the car is not the case with the product in hand.

I have requested for a return but it does not seem seamless. They have asked for multiple pictures which I have sent across on WhatsApp as well as email.

Let us see.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks