Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd November 2022, 09:10   #301

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Has anyone purchased items from LRL motors (https://lrlmotors.com/)
I have purchased a few small value items (each <1k worth) multiple times from them for my motorcycles including NGK sparkplugs. The service, packaging and delivery was satisfactory.

Hth,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:29   #302

What is the best way to contact Boodmo? I had ordered an Air filter on 13th November and the initial delivery date was 21st November. The date was postponed to 24th and now it is 27th November. No worthwhile help on the contact number and no response on email as well.
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:41   #303

Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I had ordered an Air filter on 13th November and the initial delivery date was 21st November. The date was postponed to 24th and now it is 27th November.
Don't go with Boodmo if you have a time-bound requirement. See the order dates and delivery dates -

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20221123_123901.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20221123_123741.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20221123_123640.jpg

I'd forgotten that I ordered something before they finally woke up and sent me a text saying something's out for delivery
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:21   #304

With Boodmo, if you want something fast, choose items marked as 'Fulfilled by Boodmo'. These are items in stock and will be shipped and delivered ASAP.

For other items/ items not in stock, there is no timeline. Even though the Estimated delivery says 10-14 days, they will keep pushing the delivery date. Better to order such items from dealership/service center.
sagarpadaki is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:01   #305

They messed up my order again! I ordered Lower arms - Left and Right - They send me both Right side arms Sadly I didn't check it until yesterday - It has been a good 10 days
Old 28th November 2022, 13:38   #306

Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
They messed up my order again! I ordered Lower arms - Left and Right - They send me both Right side arms Sadly I didn't check it until yesterday - It has been a good 10 days
You can still contact them. I was sent a wrong item and I was out of station when it was delivered. I checked after 10 days and wrote them a mail with pics and part numbers. They initiated a pickup
Old 6th December 2022, 16:14   #307

I need replacement headlights for my old Opel Astra Club Class. Can anyone guide me please. Even if it is a used part, it is ok. I will buy.

Thank you

Shanks
Mysore
Old 6th December 2022, 17:16   #308

Has anyone purchased items from LRL motors (https://lrlmotors.com/)

Looking for a K&N air filter that is generally out of stock on the regular sites.
I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, they are professional and ship it fast, no complaints.
zaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:48   #309

Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I'd forgotten that I ordered something before they finally woke up and sent me a text saying something's out for delivery
I was pleasantly surprised by the SMS saying that my item has been shipped. So the Filter is reaching well within a month of being ordered. Just praying that it fits now considering it is a compatible part.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:42   #310

This time I had a good experience with boodmo. Recently, I ordered an OEM serpentine belt \ V-belt and a OEM 'Auto-tensioner' for my car Honda Accord 2.4 L. Since, my last post on this thread, I have decided to follow the below steps to look for car parts:

(1) Lookout for the parts required on boodmo, capture the part number and the price and take note of it.

(2) Search google for part numbers. Start the comparative price search on indigenous websites like for e.g gomechanic ... etc.

Well, for the OEM serpentine belt the price quoted by gomechanic was exactly the same as on boodmo. There was another website based in Indore, MP offering the same part quoting a little less price but for some reason the website seemed dodgy. I checked overseas websites for the same part number , the price quoted by those websites were substantially less than what boodmo was quoting. However, when shipping and customs were factored in, the price inflated.

For the 'Auto-tensioner', gomechanic didn't have the part, the other website based in Indore, MP had the part again priced little less compared to what boodmo was quoting. However, as stated above the website seemed dodgy. The overseas websites exorbitantly priced the same part therefore, this option was ruled out.

Once done with 'due diligence' , I decided to order from boodmo as there was another factor this time which played its part in ordering from boodmo. Both the parts showed 'Fulfilled by boodmo'. I ordered the parts last Sunday morning, and they arrived this morning.

(3) The moment those parts arrived, as always, I asked my wife to start the mobile camera to record a video as I went ahead and unpacked the contents of the package, and to ascertain that the right parts had arrived and that there was no damage.
Old 19th December 2022, 13:11   #311

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
With Boodmo, if you want something fast, choose items marked as 'Fulfilled by Boodmo'. These are items in stock and will be shipped and delivered ASAP
Followed your advice. This is my first order on Boodmo - an oil filter (Purolator) and engine oil (Petronas 10w40 - 3 litre). Sourcing these items locally wasn't an option for me (non-availability).

Both were delivered within 5 days. Well packed. Prices comparable to what I would have paid at counter. Shipping free for the filter and Rs. 80/- for the oil (reasonable, I guess).

If I were to nitpick, the minor grouses were - (a) Oil packing date is Oct 2021 (don't mind though, as getting this grade in a 3 litre pack is tough) and (b) Oil filter had some traces of rust internally (hopefully, will be taken care of by the engine oil )
Old 20th December 2022, 16:44   #312

After some successful purchases and a few returns with Boodmo, I ordered a part from PartsBigBoss, since it was not available with Boodmo.

Of two parts ordered, one was sent. One wasnt available, and it being only 88/-, I am overlooking it. However, the other one which was sent is a wrong item. Basically for an older model and it doesnt fit my Storme.

I had immediately reached out to them, but no sign of response from PartsBigBoss.

No more purchases from this site. Their website is not easy to navigate when you search, and if they are not going to respond to a grievance, it's best to stay away.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 17:20   #313

First experience with Boodmo

Dear members,

Last week i ordered a center arm-rest for my Jazz from boodmo. Having heard about boodmo in YouTube, i took the plunge and placed the order. The ordering process was good, but delivery date was longer than expected. Anyway, i was willing to wait and made full payment online.

1. Item was delivered beyond promised date of delivery. Though not a major concern, was expecting an on-time delivery (they never promised the time of delivery but only date, which was also not adhered-to anyway!).

2. Bigger problem - damaged part and flimsy packaging. During the ordering process i luckily came across instructions to record the process of unpacking the courier right from start. I did so, but was disappointed to find the damaged armrest delivered to me.

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20221219_162428.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20221219_162432.jpg

Clearly, after paying Rs.900 this was least expected.

3. Now, the return process is also interesting. On the boodmo portal, they ask the reason for return, and, if 'damage' option is selected, one is expected to upload the whole video starting from unpacking the courier to prove your case.

4. The scary part is - they ask to share the video link uploaded to personal account on Google Drive or similar such. There is no mention of any specific group/people from boodmo who can be added and shared access to. Not sure why they expect to make such personal links public?

5. Their Customer care is just an IVR with only select choices. There is no actual human agent to recieve call even??? What a joke - is this even Customer care? I understand the need to optimize CC, but to this level..??

6.The hapless customer has to write emails and wait for response which is ineffective. Talking to obtain clarification is much much easier than exchanging mails.

In summary - not a good experience with boodmo. Will post updates on this thread post return..

Last edited by VikramCS : 20th December 2022 at 17:30.
VikramCS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 17:38   #314
v12

Re: First experience with Boodmo

Hello Vikram, thank you for sharing your experience. I had a similar experience when i ordered a Xylo E8 center console for my Xylo. The order took almost a month to arrive and when it did, it was damaged. I emailed them the pics and initiated a return. The refund was provided i think within 7 days.

While going through most of the reviews, i can conclude that Boodmo does not deal or provide brand new parts. They probably source parts from salvage vehicles or scrap yards and resell them as new. There is no way the parts that were delivered to me (and to you) look like brand new parts.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 18:43   #315

Re: First experience with Boodmo

Originally Posted by v12 View Post
There is no way the parts that were delivered to me (and to you) look like brand new parts.
I have ordered many parts from Boodmoo and they were new. However, I had pretty bad experience while returning one tail lamp wherein I ordered left one, they delivered right side one.

I had to upload video, follow up many times, had to print the address received over email on paper and paste it on a box for return. I ordered another one from them in the meantime, got it fixed by the time my first order was returned. Return amount was refunded quickly though.

Power window switches for my car were not available in TASS, they were not even ordering as they were not received for orders which were made a few months ago! But I got them from Boodmoo. I think they are doing good and the website is quite informative and provide options for substitutes.

If you are ordering any standard item, order from brands like Lumax, Minda etc. They are good. However, the item shown above is non standard I think and there is a lot of scope of sending salvaged items.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th December 2022 at 21:25. Reason: Minor typos.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks