Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 16:05   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
What's going on over at Boodmo? When we check the part number they want us to pay for a subscription??
Makes me wonder if they'll go ahead and delete all the images with visible parts numbers

For the time being, there's another workaround to see the complete parts number.
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 12:00   #272
BHPian

Feedback on Boodmo Online Purchase ( July 09-07-2022)

I had placed an order for both Headlamp assembly set ( i10 2010 Model-LH and RH), unfortunately i have received both RH Side (driver side) and important thing is one of Headlamp was defective and returned it back last Saturday. I did not find any customer support support number of Boodmo other than +91 114 1189222 which is only Robot / IVR and there is only one option to send feedback to them. Multiple feedback messages sent them and there was no response in this regard. I just wanted to remind them not send again RH Headlamp assembly !!!

Last edited by SVMBLR : 18th July 2022 at 12:07. Reason: phone number was not mentioned and few changes made
SVMBLR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 14:19   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have had excellent experiences so far with the following sites when buying rare parts or specialty parts for my 2012 Model R56 Mini Cooper S.

www.minimania.com
www.pelicanparts.com
www.ecstuning.com

Parts are available in plenty for the most part and they are not completely restricted only to Mini Cooper alone.

Parts are shipped quickly by these sites.
They have responsive and prompt customer care persons - email works very well and phone can be used if needed.
One can opt for shipping via Fedex International Economy.
Parts arrive in India in about a week’s time.
The duty payment process is pretty seamless even though the duty rates in India are positively evil.
The customs clearance and home delivery process is clean and trouble free.

All in all, I am happy with these sites.

If I were to indicate a ranking by preference, it would be pelican first, ecs second and minimania third.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th July 2022 at 14:19. Reason: Spelling
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:13   #274
BHPian

I have had good experience with Boodmo, ordered parts were delivered in stated time, though packing was poor.
If Boodmo is charging some amount for pictures and part numbers, then they are shooting themselves on feet.
~Zombie~ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 23:27   #275
BHPian

I started placing orders in GoMechanic spares around June. 20% discount, cashback & free delivery lured me. After placing few orders, I am sharing my experience.

1. Support service is good/responsive when contacted through email(sparessupport@gomechanic.in). ISSUES got resolved. It is worst through App.

2. Fast moving Maruti parts are delivered(expect delay in delivery). Till now I got MGP-horn set, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, oil filter & MGO Ecstar 0w20 from Mobil(I got this oil for less than 1000rs)

3. For other parts, there is a high chance that the order needs to get followed up and end up with cancellation/refund. (For me,it was MGP car jack. Got from Boodmo)

4. I get upto 50% discount on already discounted parts using GoApp money. For eg, I got Bosch Dot 3 250ml delivered for 35rs. Its MRP is 88rs.
Note - Bosch Dot 3 is way cheaper than Ecstar Dot 3.

Regards,
Nimalan
Old 21st July 2022, 11:20   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using Bodomo since a while, however recently facing issue with delayed delivery.

An example, brake disc was showing 2 day delivery when I purchased, it was getting updated by two days regularly and went on for around 2 weeks. Finally I had to cancel and source it else where.

The same way, for suspension parts, it took around 10 days after the initial estimate of around 5 days or so.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 14:17   #277
BHPian

I want to report that Boodmo has now partially hidden the part number and is now asking for a subscription of Rs.499 per month under the "Parts Discovery Program" to reveal the full part number.

I have sent a mail to Boodmo customer service few months ago why the part number should be hidden & they said it's for "privacy feature".

My questions: What if I found a required part from Google and want to buy this part later? How can I note down the part number?

I will share the screen shots for an example part number: 990J0M66LE1-010
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-990j0m66le1010_partsearch.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmopdp.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmoreply.png  

bobbyblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:03   #278
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I ordered two of those plastic and nylon hand grips for my new Thar from Boodmo more than 12 days ago.
One piece arrived yesterday but the second one is yet to arrive.
I wrote to their customer service and got a prompt reply asking me to wait a few more days as that part is not in stock. So I shall sit and wait. No other go.
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-087fdae2445744f3abb46dbdf1aea105.jpeg  

Old 29th July 2022, 07:50   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks some sense is instilled back to the folks at Boodmo. Now the part numbers are displayed in full in the actual product listing page.

I wonder who was the dimwit at Boodmo who came up with this idea and also other dimwits in the management who approved of this regressive step.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th July 2022 at 07:52.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 07:58   #280
BANNED

I had good experiences with Boodmo, Gomechanic, motrparts.com and mechdeals.com with parts for my now sold Renault Kwid RXT AMT. All of them offer genuine OEM spares and even alternatives from reputed spare parts manufacturers.
motrparts,com and mechdeals.com even offer express 3-day and 4-day shipping through ekart and amazon delivery too.
motrparts.com offers Cash on delivery as well.
I often compare prices and delivery times from all of them for the best deal.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 29th July 2022 at 07:59.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 20:07   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks some sense is instilled back to the folks at Boodmo
What a turn of events!

They dropped the prices and started offering Parts Discovery Program for Rs 199/month :

Best sites to buy parts online-img20220725wa012701.jpeg

And then made the part numbers visible for those who ordered products for more than Rs 999 in last 30 months :

Best sites to buy parts online-img20220807wa001801.jpeg
Old 7th August 2022, 20:29   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
What a turn of events!

And then made the part numbers visible for those who ordered products for more than Rs 999 in last 30 months
Insane is the word that comes to my mind.
This is like going to a medical shop and the chemist says he will provide the details of the medicine only if I pay him some money upfront.

All I can say is.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 22:13   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
What a turn of events!

They dropped the prices and started offering Parts Discovery Program for Rs 199/month :

Attachment 2342999

And then made the part numbers visible for those who ordered products for more than Rs 999 in last 30 months :

Attachment 2343000
How do they expect anyone to order if the product details are hidden?

Have they become so conceited that they take customers for granted?

By the way, it should be last 30 days, not months!
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:33   #284
BHPian

Ordered some items for scheduled service for my pre-owned 2016 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG from boodmo, amazon and Numoto Scuderia.

Boodmo:
1. ZIP Diesel filter
2. ZIP oil filter
3. ZIP cabin air filter
4. Bolt with washer for oil pan
5. DOT4 brake oil
6. G12EVO volkwagen coolant mix - 6 ltrs
The delivery was prompt for all items as all the items were boodmo fulfilled. Other folks might use this tip for faster delivery.

Amazon:
1. Liqui Moly Toptec 4100 5w-40 engine oil.
2. Liqui Moly Engine flush - This package got lost in transit and price had increased so went on and purchased liqui moly engine flush from numoto scuderia

Numoto scuderia:
1. Liqui moly engine flush
2. Liqui moly diesel purge as a preventive measure for injector cleaning
The items are yet to arrive.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:53   #285
BHPian

Had a pretty harrowing experience with Boodmo.
I had ordered a reverse light of Ford Ecosport from them and it being a Boodmo fulfilled item, l had hoped it would turn out good.
I was getting a much better deal on Gomechanic though, but let it go due to average reviews and a 10 day delivery promise .
The package got delivered within 3 days and on inspection the light felt O.K and had plastic laimation over it. So, I went ahead with my mini DIY, unclipped the rear wheel well carpet and the bulb. Since, my original light was damaged, I had to carefully break it and remove it in pieces so as to not damage the bumper locks. Now, the easiest step of placing the light remained. So, happy for my impending victory, I plucked the lamination off the new sparkling light and to my desbelief what I had thought to be a wrinkle in the lamination was a crack on the light.
Best sites to buy parts online-img_20220914_131153.jpg
Also, since I broke away the old light, I had a large gaping hole in bumper with the light connector hanging. To top it all, my dad had to leave for an outstation trip within a couple of hours and only after giving me an earful did he take my ol' humble dzire.
But, the actual ordeal started when I asked them for a return and refund.They took 2 days to even approve the return, you can't talk to a agent and they only provide support via email.
It took multiple mails to make them understand that I got a damaged product but even then they kept on asking me to ascertain that the light is scratch and blemish free.The return was scheduled for today, and now the courier agent denied the return claiming it's damaged.
Now, these tactics are not new in e-commerce space and were prevalent a decade ago (~Snapdeal, ebay Ind).
I have raised the return request again and let's see how it pans out.
So, if you are in for a trouble free Amazon, Flipkart like experience, atleast Boodmo ain't gonna cut it.
I'll advise readers to not buy atleast the fragile spares online.
Also, the reverse light was an aftermarket spare from Autogold , and I felt the quality to be lacking, the red reflector colour was a lot dull compared to the original light. So, even for decorative parts like bezels and light, always go for OEM spares

Last edited by Chandrahas : 14th September 2022 at 13:15.
Chandrahas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks