Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:06   #226
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Is there a BOODMO like site for bike parts?
Have looked around online and only found fly-by-night operator, who dont appear genuine.

Any advice is appreciated, else i off i got to the brick & mortar store!
Old 17th November 2021, 16:02   #227
BHPian

Boodmo has been cheating customers multiple ways.

1. They manipulate the amount during the payment transaction.
2. They keep postponing delivery dates or never deliver.

Will give a couple of examples, among many.

I placed an order on Oct 22, 2021 (order #2210/01855084-1) with estimated delivery by Nov 10, 2021 in the confirmation email. The total amount shown while placing order was Rs. 574 (Rs. 422 for product + 152 shipping charges). I accepted the amount and paid. The confirmation screen also showed Rs. 574 total. However, they manipulated the amount during transaction to Rs. 591. So my credit card was charged for Rs. 591 and not 574. I mentioned my observation to the Boodmo customer care team. They assured they will look into it. Nothing. No update or correction, no apologies for manipulation, no refund for the differential amount. However, I received an email on Oct 24, 2021 which stated:

->
We regret to inform you that there will be a small delay in your orders due to unavoidable circumstances (part unavailable with the supplier).

Please be informed that the updated Delivery Date would be as follows:

Order Part number Price Qty Total Old ETA New ETA
2210/01855084-1 76400T4RJ11 422 1 422 10-11-2021 11-11-2021

<-

Anyways,

The difference in amount was not great, the delay was just one day, and I needed the part, so I retained the order. However, numerous emails followed, each postponing the delivery date. It is still not delivered till date.

I added the same part (qty=2) in the cart, and did not order. A few hours later, I received an email stating that the spares I have put in the cart are available and I should order them. Hoping I will get early delivery, I ordered the same. Again, this time, the amounts were manipulated. The delivery dates too were manipulated. And emails thereafter stating that the delivery date has been postponed.

Repeat, four times, so total 5 orders. Paid on 4 occasions and skipped payment on one occassion to check how their system behaves when customer doesn't complete transaction after seeing the manipulated transaction amount.

The last order was today, Order ID #1711/01948013-1, for which screenshots are attached. Please carefully see the amounts and dates at each state and how they get manipulated by Boodmo. (I removed my personal info from the screenshots to be posted here)

Screenshot of ordering just before payment. Shows the amount and estimated delivery date to be 30/11/21

Best sites to buy parts online-1-order-placement-before-payment.jpg

See how Boodmo manipulated the amount. It showed Rs. 844 for parts + Rs. 200 for delivery = Rs. 1044 total. While the payment popup silently changed this amount to Rs. 1080.

Best sites to buy parts online-2-amount-manipulaion-during-payment.jpg

Payment confirmation screen showed Rs. 1044. However, my wallet / card was charged for Rs. 1080. Delivery date still remains 30/11/21

Name:  3 payment success confirmation.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  41.3 KB

Finally, the order status showed as placed. The delivery date suddenly changed from 30/11/21 to 06/12/21, and also the amount from 1044 to 1080.

Best sites to buy parts online-4-order-confirmation.jpg

Why cant they just ask for higher shipping fees and state realistic delivery date instead of resorting to such manipulative practices?

I sent multiple complaints, including screenshots to the boodmo guys how they have been cheating customers with manipulating amounts and estimated delivery dates all within seconds while placing the order itself. The responses from customer care said I can cancel the order and get the refund.

If I do not get the ordered parts by Nov 27th, the last confirmation date (ofcourse, I will be cancelling some of the redundant orders placed later to collect the screenshots as I dont need so many parts), Boodmo can be sure they will get dragged to consumer court (I am good at fighting cases against cheaters / fraudsters), and will initiate proceedings to get them blocked for payments by wallet operators and banks etc, atleast temporarily till they fix their systems.
Pulse500 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 17:13   #228
BHPian

TVS provides spare parts online albeit in a very shady and a unique way. I don't know why they haven't promoted this, they also offer 5% discount over the same parts bought in the service center.

I did order some parts after navigating through the site and finding it was genuine, it took 5 days to arrive from Hosur to Bangalore, they have also cleared mentioned the timelines in the homepage, a detailed parts chart is provided for each bike from where you can choose anything.

URL: https://www.advantagetvs.com/PartsEC...Loginform.aspx

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_1.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_2.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_3.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_4.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_5.jpg
FURY_44 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 17:47   #229
BHPian

Btw, if you ordered that mirror for a type 2 OHC, you will get the incorrect one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Boodmo has been cheating customers multiple ways.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2021 at 18:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:34   #230
BHPian

Beware of fraud - www.pitzo.com

They list all parts as "In Stock" but in reality they dont have anything in stock.

No reply, no one answers the call, no refund.
aerohit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 00:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

What's up with boodmo these days? Have we gone back to the early days of ecommerce in India (remember India plaza) where everything was in stock right until just after your ordered it, when sourcing issues would suddenly manifest themselves. Are they so utterly clueless about their inventory situation? Or is is their inventory status more an indication of their willingness to sell a product than their ability to fulfill it?

I have two orders i placed, one of which was last month's, both of which simply keep getting postponed as they approach the due date. I remember them being positively Amazon beating in customer service just a few years ago, i wonder what has changed?

I don't think team bhp as a forum should continue to endorse sites with such questionable business practices
greenhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 13:49   #232
BHPian

I realised one thing, part numbers on Boodmo seem to be correct. But availability seems to be an issue like most BHPians have pointed out.
kiredd1005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 23:23   #233
BHPian

Is the boodmo site down now? Or is it just me?
Old 13th February 2022, 06:40   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
I did access it last night, though there was a problem with the login earlier in the day
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 07:20   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Boodmo for some reason does not work on chrome for me, I always had to switch to Firefox.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 09:11   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Boodmo for some reason does not work on chrome for me, I always had to switch to Firefox.
Thanks this was helpful.
I was using safari, strangely it works on chrome.
Old 14th February 2022, 11:31   #237
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a Contact number for Boodmo?
My latest order had a big item missing , opened a ticket but no reply yet. The item cost is over Rs 3,000!
Old 14th February 2022, 19:52   #238
BHPian

Oh no, I just placed an order blindly via the link on Team BHP page for Spare Parts assuming it would be genuine as, well, it is hosted on our site. Only after that, did I search for boodmo and came across this! Now I am regretting. But my order is just Rs 661, so not a lot. Hope I get it in a month. Parts ordered:-

1. Passenger side defroster garnish
2. City V rear left emblem
3. Cap for Rear Right Pillar

Order confirmation
Best sites to buy parts online-boodmo.png

Will wait till March 14th as it said 25 days for all parts. Will update this Thread accordingly.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 14th February 2022, 20:52   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Oh no, I just placed an order blindly via the link on Team BHP page for Spare Parts assuming it would be genuine as, well, it is hosted on our site. Only after that, did I search for boodmo and came across this! Now I am regretting. But my order is just Rs 661, so not a lot. Hope I get it in a month. Parts ordered:-

1. Passenger side defroster garnish
2. City V rear left emblem
3. Cap for Rear Right Pillar

Order confirmation
Attachment 2272678

Will wait till March 14th as it said 25 days for all parts. Will update this Thread accordingly.

Regards,
Rohan

You will get your parts don't worry or your money back! They are honest that way (unlike the other players). If they don't deliver the items they will refund you for sure. Sometimes it takes a bit of time. Don't worry.

They are good sometimes they mess up like this.

p.s!
I got the missing part delivered today
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 18:34   #240
BHPian

I'd like to share my experience of ordering parts from boodmo and PartsBigBoss (PBB) recently.
I wanted front struct bush kit for my car. The one in PBB was supposedly a 6 bush kit and it was confirmed by their support. So, I went ahead and placed an order. After few days they sent me the photo of 3 bushes and said that was it. It didn't even have the main mounting bush.
So, i politely asked them to cancel the order, which they did. They said I would get a refund in 7 days. But, even after 20 days I was not given a refund. All messages sent to their whatsapp support were ignored which used to be so responsive before I asked for a refund. It's online all the time.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220220181919_whatsapp.jpg

Later, i had to sent them several emails and finally they processed my refund. It's then I noticed that the refund was 1.5% less than what I paid them.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20220220182412_spark.png

I sent them few emails enquiring the reason for this but was ignored. On checking their Google Play reviews, there are a lot of horror stories. I'm glad that I at least got a refund while a lot others are not even given a refund.
Since my total order amount was small, my 1.5% not given back was negligible. Yet, it's illegal for them to claim that. What if my order was bigger, this would have been a problem. Besides, their customer support is extremely underwhelming.

After this, I ordered all required parts from boodmo and the experience is far better. Some of the parts which they didn't have in stock took about a month to be delivered. But those which they had in stock were delivered in a week.
One of the item was shipped without enough packaging material in the box, which resulted in a bent clamp in struct.

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20220218_122550523.jpg

The box didn't even have paper for cushioning and it was banging the box during shipping.

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20220218_122950329.jpg

Interestingly, my other side struct came from another seller and it was bubble wrapped inside the box.

Something annoying is that they don't have a replacement option. We have to return the item for a refund and place a new order. I hope they change this. But, their customer support is far better and tickets are resolved punctually.

Boodmo has recently updated their app and website to show the number of units they have in stock. It's a helpful feature.

To sum it up, I would never ever order from PBB again and would gladly do business with boodmo. I hope this helps others.
sac23 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks