Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 07:11   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Auto gold products are a very average quality. They are typically used by commercial fleet vehicle operators like Tata ace and likes.

For passenger vehicles stick to Lumax, Minda if going aftermarket route for lights and lamps
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 10:39   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrahas View Post
It took multiple mails to make them understand that I got a damaged product but even then they kept on asking me to ascertain that the light is scratch and blemish free.The return was scheduled for today, and now the courier agent denied the return claiming it's damaged.
Now, these tactics are not new in e-commerce space and were prevalent a decade ago (~Snapdeal, ebay Ind).
I have raised the return request again and let's see how it pans out.
They stalled for a couple of weeks as multiple times the return was rejected and thereafter asked me to ship the damaged light back to them. I didn't had time, so money lost = 550
Old 7th October 2022, 17:48   #288
Senior - BHPian

Boodmo is at it Again!
Got a broken item - Send them photos of the item (as soon as I opened the package) within 4 hours of the delivery.
And now someone calls me and says h wants photos of the box !!

I had ordered 2 seat belts and some rubber parts. One of the Seatbelts came broken. Informed with as soon as I opened the package -
Today at 5.45 PM Someone calls me and says he wants a pic of the box and says it's policy!
The website / Return policy or the SMS doesn't mention anything about keeping a box for pictures!
Old 7th October 2022, 19:54   #289
Senior - BHPian

Got an follow-up email from these guys --

Quote:
Hi Sir,

Please share clear photographs of the received part(s) and its outer box/packaging from multiple angles within 24-48 hours.

It’ll be great if you could share the unboxing video as well.

Kindly ensure that the part number and boodmo hologram sticker (if it has one) is clearly visible in the photos.

Note: Please share the images/video in the next 24 hours else, we were unable to help you.

Awaiting revert.

Regards:

xxxxx. | Executive - BD Support
First line he says 24-48 hours
Second line he says 24 hours! Is this what boodmo has come to be?

THen he wants an unboxing video to show the broken part wow!!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 17:14   #290
BHPian

Experience with Boodmo!

Ordered the tail lamp assembly for my Ford Aspire on 5-Oct-2022. Part was delivered on 7-Oct-2022. Since I was out of town, the package was at the security gate. On 10th October, collected the part and found it was damaged!! Immediately raised a return request, uploaded the pics as instructed. On 11th October, got a callback from their customer care asking for the pictures of the shipping box !! Sent all the required images via email. Few hours later, got an email saying "We regret to inform you that, as we did not receive a damage return request within the TAT of 48 hours from delivery, therefore ​we won't be able to assist you further."
I was under the impression that return period is 10 days for Boodmo, but they have hidden clauses. I could see similar complaints in Twitter also, but Boodmo never bothered to reply to many of those tweets.
Now I am not sure what to do with this part. It costed me around INR1200/-.
Achilles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 17:51   #291
BHPian

I have ordered fuses for first generation ford fiesta twice every single time from Boodmo, the order gets cancelled after around 2 weeks :(
Old 11th October 2022, 18:11   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I was under the impression that return period is 10 days for Boodmo, but they have hidden clauses. .
The 48 hour rule may be for damage returns. Normal returns are 10 days most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
I have ordered fuses for first generation ford fiesta twice every single time from Boodmo, the order gets cancelled after around 2 weeks :(
This means that they dont have it in stock. Suggest try some where else.

Last edited by condor : 11th October 2022 at 18:12.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 13:02   #293
Senior - BHPian

Recently on the lookout for new tyres I came across a good deal on GoMechanic (20% less than market price) and placed an order.

Order was placed on 10 October. Shipment was supposed to be delivered in 12 days. It took them 6 days just to pack and ship the order. Even the tracking details were not shared and had to be requested through chat support. 22nd October came and went and when I checked the GoMechanic app, estimated delivery date of delivery had been pushed ahead by 7 days.

Their courier partner XpressBees is equally pathetic. One of my 2 packages has not moved in 10 days and the other shows incorrect destination city.

Those looking for spares and tempted by GoMechanic's low prices, please proceed with caution.
self_driven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 08:57   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Got an follow-up email from these guys --

First line he says 24-48 hours
Second line he says 24 hours! Is this what boodmo has come to be?

THen he wants an unboxing video to show the broken part wow!!
They solved it! took back the broken item and was given a refund! Thank you!
I make sure to open their package within a few hours so that nothing untold happens.
Old 1st November 2022, 06:58   #295
Senior - BHPian

Boodmo:
I ordered a couple of bulbs for a Honda City rear indicator orange bulb and the license plate bulb. Also ordered Honda City dicky carpet but cancelled the carpet since it was available cheaper at GoMechanic. The bulbs came intact although delivery was delayed by a couple of days.

GoMechanic:
Ordered a Honda City dicky board and mat. Delivery was mentioned as 21 days. Closer to the date there were no updates of shipping. Chatted with their customer support and was informed to wait for a couple of days. Then they cancelled the first order and pushed the date of the second order by another 29 days. I gave up, cancelled this order and got it installed from the Honda Showroom. To their credit, GoMechanic refunded the money of the cancelled order in a few hours with no follow up.

In my view, these sites are a hit or miss for small value parts. Look for the showroom in case you need bigger and high value parts.

Last edited by hrman : 1st November 2022 at 06:59.
hrman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 09:28   #296
BHPian

Nowadays there seems to be no signup button on the Boodmo website?
Old 13th November 2022, 12:37   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Recently on the lookout for new tyres I came across a good deal on GoMechanic (20% less than market price) and placed an order.

Those looking for spares and tempted by GoMechanic's low prices, please proceed with caution.
I would suggest try 'https://www.tyremarket.com/car-tyres' . I bought my Honda Accord tires from this website back in 2020 during the onset of Covid. The best thing about them is the choice available online for one to choose, second, they don't force you to sign up first and then proceed with order. You can reach the check out page once you have selected the tires. They fulfilled the order within 2 weeks and all tires arrived at my doorstep in good condition.

Quote:
Sumedik

Nowadays there seems to be no signup button on the Boodmo website?
They are using 3rd party identity providers(facebook, google..etc) to smooth the sign in process. I guess, they earlier had that sign up button, even I setup my account via that 'sign-up' button way back.

Quote:
Captain Slow

They solved it! took back the broken item and was given a refund! Thank you!
I make sure to open their package within a few hours so that nothing untold happens.
Great. Ideally, whenever I receive a delivery from boodmo. Irrespective of the cost of the part, I place the package on a table ask my wife to start a video as I go ahead and open the package. In case the part is broken, additional photos are taken, and immediately brought to the attention of boodmo. The best method to contact boodmo is via their contact email.

Recently I have been disappointed by boodmo, their parts procurement process is real slow especially for parts which are not fulfilled by them. The wait times for 30 days is simply exhausting. I had ordered an OEM brake booster for my car which cost Rs. 20k+ on thier website and 10 days down the line decided that I can't afford to wait for additionally 20 days and there is one more reason which is comparative price. Cancelled the order and placed it with a Malaysian seller. He had the part available, and arrived at my door step exactly 7 days post the placement of order. However, the custom amount and fastest shipping kind of blew the price up for the part.

Additionally, I realized that the Malaysian seller sitting in KL, Malaysia was offering the same original part for Rs. 10000 less than what boodmo was quoting on the website(taking into account currency conversion). When this realization came to me, it was already 10 days since I had placed an order with boodmo and add to the fact that boodmo was expecting me to wait additional 20 days. Adding these two particulars togethers, It was a no brainer for me to simply cancel the order with boodmo and place the same order with that seller and within 7 days the part arrived. Alas, I wish I had placed the original order with that seller instead of waiting for boodmo to fulfill it. Then I would have selected normal shipping and would have saved some amount at least on shipping , with custom duty being the only constant.

I would like to inform fellow t-bhpian's to be a little bit cautious in terms of placing orders with boodmo for parts which are not fulfilled by them and especially if the cost of those parts are upwards Rs. 10k, 20k+ ...etc . Kindly look for competitive prices from other parts providers within India or overseas. Do remember, if overseas seller cost for the same part is considerably low, do not forget to add the additional burden of custom duty in your calculation along with shipping. Which will definitely inflate the price with some rare exceptions.

Nevertheless, for some reason if I had originally placed the order with that seller with normal shipping which would have brought the part at my doorstep within 2 weeks if not 3 weeks. I would have saved in expenditure even if keeping custom duty as constant, yet low shipping cost compared to fastest shipping and as I have already mentioned that the overseas seller was offering the same part Rs. 10000 less that what boodmo was quoting. In total I would have saved a little.
ritedhawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:50   #298
BHPian

For spare parts, I have bought some items from motorparts junction and I recommend their services.

For used spare alloys, I have had a good experience with
A S International tyres Sharan
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BUMEE33zwm9biLDN9

Sites I avoid after first hand experiences
Gomechanic Spares
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:24   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone purchased items from LRL motors (https://lrlmotors.com/)

Looking for a K&N air filter that is generally out of stock on the regular sites.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:37   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Has anyone purchased items from LRL motors (https://lrlmotors.com/)

Looking for a K&N air filter that is generally out of stock on the regular sites.
Have heard they are genuine, some TBHP members have bought oils from there.

You could also try carpowergrid.com, they are distributors of KnN.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks