Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 09:41   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
As a platform, Boodmo has gone to the dogs! I have been a regular customer for the last 5-6 years. And unfortunately, the overall experience goes down with every purchase.
Speaking ill of an honest/Loyal dog? Come on! Jokes aside.

Unfortunately, it seems Boodmo has taken a nosedive. Their customer support has become a laughingstock. When you shoot them an email, they respond with something completely unrelated to the question you asked! Are they utilizing AI or employing brain-dead zombies as customer service executives? To add to the frustration, their phone support seems to have flatlined. There's no way to get through to them via the phone numbers listed on their website!

In my recent return experience, I had to email them five times, resort to Twitter, tag them on Facebook, and ultimately, take to LinkedIn just to get a response! It took over eight days for them to reply to emails. This level of service is simply unacceptable.

I agree with you they have several aftermarket low quality products listed.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 22:16   #347
BHPian

I recently tried, for the first time, to purchase the body of the air cleaner for my Hyundai i10 (2012) from Boodmo. The description on the site said the product will be delivered within 4 days and I subsequently made the payment on December 3.

Suddenly, the delivery date changed to Dec 10. Since it is a part for an old model, it was somewhat expected. However, the part reached the nearest destination to my house, and without a phone call or any communication, was marked as undelivered and returned to origin! The product reached back to its source today and I have been issued a refund. Not sure when I will receive the credit.

It is surprising to see that a website recommended on Team-BHP (and hence may be considered as a reliable website) come up with something mind-numbing as this. You pay a premium (almost 40% of the part cost) on shipping and still end up with a unheard of shipper (Proship in my case) which does not update the tracking data for days and then suddenly out of the blue, returns the component back without any communication. Tagging Boodmo on Twitter hasn't elicited a response even after 5 days and less said about Proship, the better. It would have been better to just order the part from the dealership and haggle with them over late receipt of the part. Atleast the haggling would've been fun.
Old 19th December 2023, 11:52   #348
BHPian

Boodmo customer disservice needs its own thread

From my own recent experience and others what I have read, it seems like Boodmo and its lack of customer service deserves its own thread.

I have been a regular customer of Boodmo for sometime.

Recently ordered a pair of front shocks from Boodmo. They delivered it on time within three days. That was the only good part.

I inspected the package only after 24 hours as I was away for sometime. Before opening I saw a clamp was protruding out of the package, though it could not confirmed if there was any damage.

Took a complete unboxing video. The clamp was indeed bent and shock absorber cylinder seems got hit and had small (5mm diameter) inward protrusions in one place.
This is most likely packaging and mishandling issue.

Now comes the part of dealing with Boodmo.
Logged a support request within 28 hours asking about what to do as only of the item is damaged. Moreover there are other items on the way for the same order.
Next day support responds that Boodmo will do everything to resolve it. They asked me to attach pictures to the support ticket. But when I tried to attach pictures it failed with an error message. This looks like a bug in the website. Informed about the same in reply to the ticket. Person named Naveen Chaudhury from Boodmo called to understand the issue.

Next they (Boodmo, not me) opened a return request against my order. Tried to attach the pictures into the return request. It seems to have got attached but there is no Confirm or Proceed button to move ahead. This again looks like a bug in the website. I have emailed Naveen with all the pictures, hoping that it works.

Next response from Boodmo was that my return request is declined with the reason as I did not provide them with pictures within the time period of 24 hours.

When I checked in the return request there were none of my pictures.

But later when I tried I could attach the pictures in the support ticket and these are still visible.

When I tried to escalate the issue using Escalation matrix link in https://help.boodmo.com/ it goes to a blank page. This sort of validates their buggy website.

I am still fighting it through the support ticket, Facebook and Twitter.

They still advertise the product as 10 days assured return https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-shock_absorber-6621738/
Whatever that means.

When dealing with Boodmo please be aware of their trickery.
fordday is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 18:51   #349
Senior - BHPian

Re: Boodmo customer disservice needs its own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
From my own recent experience and others what I have read, it seems like Boodmo and its lack of customer service deserves its own thread.

Last month, I placed several orders on Boodmo, but as of today, none of the items have been shipped. I also noticed that they have removed the cancel policy button. When I emailed them to request the cancellation of my order, I received a standard automated response, stating that they are looking into it. I fail to understand what there is to investigate. I simply want my order canceled.
Old 10th January 2024, 22:07   #350

Has anyone tried the official Maruti site for parts ordering?
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine-parts

Just had a related post on the MGA thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5697011 (Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1))
Old 20th January 2024, 23:24   #351
BHPian

Re: Genuine car parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqil View Post
I recently had my car's brake pads serviced. And I can tell they are fake. Where to source original brembo/other performance parts?
For all your brake pads and disc pads go to TVS Girling and no more. They are genuine, have quality and will never cost you a bomb. This is from my experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2024 at 07:49. Reason: Quote tags fixed
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 22:03   #352
Senior - BHPian

I had several good orders with boodmo but when they do this, it just makes my blood boil!!

this is what I got ! Rusted old junk parts! Name:  2.png
Views: 177
Size:  327.5 KB

Thankfully I was at home and checked the package the moment it came.
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-1.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-3.jpg  

Best sites to buy parts online-4.jpg  

Old 25th January 2024, 10:58   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad View Post
I have ordered from them, the order is usually passed to a local authorised shop. I think we can select from which shop we want it from and I chose one closer to my locality. Parts worth more than 1k are home delivered else they asked to come and collect them once they obtain the same at the shop. I ordered original wipers for my Swift (Maruti Swift : Official Review) and they were delivered to my home.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 22:18   #354
BHPian

Re: Genuine car parts

For brake pads and disc pads look no further, Tvs Girling. Peace of mind assured.
Old 26th January 2024, 13:52   #355
BHPian

Quote:
I frequently use Motorogue for audio-related and Planetcarcare for detailing needs.
Is Planet Car Care really trustworthy? I actually felt something fishy due to low prices when compared to other websites/offline stores.
Old 26th January 2024, 14:59   #356
BHPian

Could any Team-BHP member provide feedback on the safety of ordering from these websites?
Planet Car Care for all detailing products, MotrParts/CarPowerGrid for spares and AutobahnTechnologies/CatHatke for Accessories.
Old 26th January 2024, 16:35   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiiityaaa View Post
Could any Team-BHP member provide feedback on the safety of ordering from these websites?
Planet Car Care for all detailing products, MotrParts/CarPowerGrid for spares and AutobahnTechnologies/CatHatke for Accessories.
Have heard good things about planet car care. Not a problem.
Motrparts is good as well.

Haven’t tried the others.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 17:31   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Planet Car Care really trustworthy? I actually felt something fishy due to low prices when compared to other websites/offline stores.
Yes, they are trustworthy. But be careful ordering products that are heavily discounted. I got a few packs of 3M tape from them last October at good discounts, but the products were past their expiry date. The tape works fine, but I would've been disappointed if this happened with a detailing product.

Best sites to buy parts online-9232dd688e85414d84f15daf48ce140f.jpeg

This might be a one-off experience, but it is what it is. If you have a high-value order, just check with them once for the manufacturing date.

Last edited by self_driven : 26th January 2024 at 17:44.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 11:37   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have ordered from them, the order is usually passed to a local authorised shop.
Very trustworthy in my experience. Tightly controlled by MS Corporate. I had placed an order for car mats at my local Nexa and they called to ask me to cancel it as their stock position was incorrect. After I cancelled, I got a feedback call from Corporate, and later it seems they rammed the local in-charge who then called with profuse apologies.

Quote:
Is Planet Car Care really trustworthy?
Quote:
PlanetCarCare:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Have heard good things about planet car care. Not a problem.
Quote:
Yes, they are trustworthy. If you have a high-value order, just check with them once for the manufacturing date.
Bought Osram LEDriving bulbs from them. Very efficient in my experience. Call / ping them and ask for extra discount; they offered me 500 bucks off when I asked.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 09:36   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I had several good orders with boodmo but when they do this, it just makes my blood boil!!

this is what I got ! Rusted old junk parts! Attachment 2564204

Thankfully I was at home and checked the package the moment it came.
On the same day, a return was requested. Now, they are insisting on conducting a quality check before processing a refund.

Why wasn't a quality check performed when the item was initially dispatched? Additionally, the return pick-up service states that they are unable to deliver the item back to the dealer because the establishment is closed.

Can someone help me escalate this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks