Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 18:27   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Uh oh. I ordered some minor parts (2 oil filters and a battery -ve cable) for my Altis from Boodmo.

I hope they are able to deliver these parts. The problem is the delivery date is about 1 month later.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 20:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Can you help me with their CEO's contact?

Customer care isn't that helpful.
I have following contacts but I did not benefit from them when I bought AC Blower Fan separately for our Xylo in Feb-Mar this year. I got wrong part even after providing VIN no.

8377909628, 9599811923, 9599446737.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I feel it would be appropriate if mods move all the posts of boodmo to a different thread with appropriate title to warn prospective customers.

Many members have burnt their hands dealing with them, including me.
I see another Vicky.com in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Uh oh. I ordered some minor parts (2 oil filters and a battery -ve cable) for my Altis from Boodmo.

I hope they are able to deliver these parts. The problem is the delivery date is about 1 month later.
You can check with partsbigboss.in.
PartsBigboss.in Toyota Corolla Altis Oil Filter
Parts Big Boss ships the parts after around 4-6 days from the date of order depending on availability of parts.

I order the following parts from Pats Big Boss-
Oil Filters, Diesel Filters for our Xylo E8 ABS (2009) and Elite i20 Asta CRDi (2015) and Air Filter for only i20 as Air Filter for Xylo costs less here in Solapur itself.

I am no way associated with Parts Big Boss.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 24th August 2017 at 20:49.
Old 24th August 2017, 21:27   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ shashi
Can you help with the contact details of the CEO of this company ?
You can reach him on the email id support@boodmo.com.

He is the CEO and his name is Yevgen Sokolnikov. He has assured he will look into every complaint personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well since so many people have been cheated by Boodmo, can we put in a complaint in their local police station?
I wouldn't call it cheating, specially after knowing how spares market works. My only grouse is that they could have refused the order and returned the money earlier than what they took. It doesn't take more than a minute to know if a spare is serviceable or not. Another thing which I didn't like is I kept getting mails like Supplier confirmed availability etc, whereas actually, they were just lying. Out of no where, they broke the news that they won't be able to send me any spare. This also happened when I enquired why its taking so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You can check with partsbigboss.in.
What are your views on partsbigboss?? Everytime I ordered, I got generic unbranded spares, rather than genuine ones. Never got the confidence to use them in my car.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2022 at 12:10. Reason: Removing personal email id :). Never a good idea on a public forum
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 21:28   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What are your views on partsbigboss?? Everytime I ordered, I got generic unbranded spares, rather than genuine ones. Never got the confidence to use them in my car.
Exactly my feelings. Read on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You can check with partsbigboss.in. I am no way associated with Parts Big Boss
Thanks for this pointer. But I'll give this a pass. Let me explain why.

I have not heard of 'Zip' filters and @ Rs 120/filter (the OEM Toyota/Denso is about Rs 650-750) I think it has been built to a price which to me is worrying. The site even has their compatibility chart wrong! Messed up compatibility charts are a red flag for me.

The 9G Corolla and 10G Corolla Altis with the 1ZZ-FE engine takes the screw on metal body filter part # 90915-10003 (and others in a cross reference chart) while the 2ZR-FE engine (in some 10G and all 11G Corollas) takes an element cartridge that fits into an oil filter housing. The OEM part # is 04152-60040 OR 04152-B1010 with other options as per a cross reference chart. Can't take a risk with the lube system so I'd prefer going with OEM Denso or a known brand such as Bosch/Mahle etc.

The filters ordered on Boodmo are OEM Denso filters sourced from the UAE. I'll wait for a week before I contact Boodmo again.

I am already in touch with TKM to source spares for my car. Unfortunately, their site toyotapartsconnect.in is unable to deliver in Pune because DSK-Toyota has closed down.

So the effort continues.

Last edited by R2D2 : 24th August 2017 at 21:36. Reason: Typos & added reply
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 22:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What your views on partsbigboss?? Everytime I ordered, I got generic unbranded spares, rather than genuine ones. Never got the confidence to use them in my car.
Quote:
Exactly my feelings.

I have not heard of 'Zip' filters.
Initially I too was hesitating in using Zip Filter. I bought it first time at local market for Rs. 400/-. But later found it cheap on Parts Big Boss, so buying it from them since then.

I have been using Zip Filters for our Elite i20 since long time. For i20, I have been using the Zip Make Oil Filters since the 30000Kms Service. Now the Odometer reading is 97000+ Kms.
And Zip Make Air Filter since the reading was 51152 Kms.

This is just like Samsung & Apple Brands. They charge for the Brand Image.
Note No offense meant towards Samsung and Apple Products Users.

Regarding the Spin On Type and Element Type Filters, you can check out with the CC of Parts Big Boss. Some of the images are used for Demo Purpose only.

When I did not get the Air Filter suitable for Elite i20 (though Normal i20 Air Filter was available) in local market, I asked PBB CC.
Me- What if the Air Filter does not match with our car? I have checked locally, and the part is different for Old i20s and Elite i20.
PBB CC- We will replace the part if it does not fit to your vehicle.
Me- Who will bear the return shipping cost?
PBB CC- We will arrange for pickup and ship the correct part for you.

At the end of day, what matters is your satisfaction above all.
So it's your take.
Just for your information-
Zip Filters.com contact-us/
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 12:49   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't call it cheating, specially after knowing how spares market works.
Well, this feels like a Ponzi scheme for me at least. Got the first order fine, the nightmare starts on the second one. Lol!
Old 25th August 2017, 15:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The filters ordered on Boodmo are OEM Denso filters sourced from the UAE. I'll wait for a week before I contact Boodmo again.
If boodmo is importing all the parts from dubai etc, we should cut them some slack. People are okay with waiting a month and more after ordering from Aliexpress, why not here?

If anyone is in a hurry, they should buy the parts from ASS/local shops rather than buying them online.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 25th August 2017 at 15:37.
Old 25th August 2017, 15:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

At last some Good news- I emailed a.bhatt@boodmo.com with the problems faced by me and the others, He replied mentioning that he would have all the issues sorted out soon.

Others who are waiting for a long time you could try and contact him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
If boodmo is importing all the parts from dubai etc, we should cut them some slack. People are okay with waiting a month and more after ordering from Aliexpress, why not here?
We have no problems waiting if they tell us it will take x number of days for them to source the parts and we need to wait until then. When placing the order the TAT was mentioned as 4-5 working days and now 40 days and still nothing.

In shashi's case they flatly lied to him telling him that the parts were dispatched when they never even had the parts in stock!
Transparency and Honesty it what they seem to lack currently.

The parts I ordered are not for any imported parts just regular Maruti MGP parts.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2022 at 12:10. Reason: Quoted post edited
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 18:11   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If Boodmo is importing all the parts from Dubai etc, we should cut them some slack. People are okay with waiting a month and more after ordering from Aliexpress, why not here?
Oh, believe me, I've cut 'em some slack. Approx 30-40 days (!!) is what they promised and I have agreed.

My concern is based on feedback from other members who were promised delivery in a particular timeframe but did not get the parts or the parts were not of the expected quality.

Quote:
If anyone is in a hurry, they should buy the parts from ASS/local shops rather than buying them online.
Of course! Ordering locally makes more sense than ordering from overseas. I approached Boodmo only as a last resort. No sense paying a 30% premium if I can source it here.

Have been in touch with TKM. The had the new dealer call me to assure me of the availability of spares should I need them. Their only concern has been FNGs/3rd party workshops trying to buy spares which they naturally resist.

According to this person, an owner is allowed to buy spares across the counter. I sent him a scan of my ASC service invoice (which has the VIN) and a scan of the service record stamped in the warranty booklet as proof of ownership so he could do his checks with TKM's server. Picking up some OEM stuff next week. As for the stuff from the UAE, it'll just form a part of my spare parts stash to be used on a later day.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th August 2017 at 18:15. Reason: Typo
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 18:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have been in touch with TKM. The had the new dealer call me to assure me of the availability of spares should I need them. Their only concern has been FNGs/3rd party workshops trying to buy spares which they naturally resist.
This is THE BEST way of buying spares. Due to the recent court ruling, no ASS should deny selling parts over the counter.

I buy MGP parts from my local MGP distributor and not even once has he denied me any parts. For parts not in stock, they'll order it for you and maybe have to wait a month. BHPian schakravarthy wanted a new throttle pedal assy/spring for his Gypsy. The part was not in stock but they took a month and delivered it.

Similar story with Fiat ASS. Going by their dismal sales, they'll be pretty much happy to sell anything to anyone be it cars or spares.

I got to these shops prepared. I make a list of parts and their part numbers. For maruti, check oriparts for exploded views or ask for Leoshashi's help. Fiat parts and views are available at 99RPM. If possible, take the part with you so that they can give you the exact part.

They usually refuse parts/make up reasons saying no stock etc to folks who do not have a clear idea of the part they want or behave in an oversmart fashion. Which is understandable since they don't want to waste time on on someone with no idea and rather make a sale with someone else.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 01:36   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Atleast for MGPs, they have contacts with a few MGP distributors in the NCR region. For not so common or discontinued items, they have some contacts in Kashmere Gate too.

Quote:
The parts I ordered are not for any imported parts just regular Maruti MGP parts.
Same in my case too. I had ordered commonly available spares of a not so rare Maruti 800. Still they failed. And I didn't understand the need of blatant lies, when I was neither being impatient nor pushy. Luckily it was just a pilot order from my side, to get a taste of their shopping experience. The day they refused me, I placed an order for the spares at my city's MGP store and the parts arrived in less than 4 days.

Quote:

I got to these shops prepared. I make a list of parts and their part numbers. For maruti, check oriparts for exploded views or ask for Leoshashi's help. Fiat parts and views are available at 99RPM. If possible, take the part with you so that they can give you the exact part.

They usually refuse parts/make up reasons saying no stock etc to folks who do not have a clear idea of the part they want or behave in an oversmart fashion. Which is understandable since they don't want to waste time on on someone with no idea and rather make a sale with someone else.
+1 to that. I usually make a list of the spare part numbers in Excel(so that copying on DMS becomes easy for him ) and take it along, or mail my MGP store owner. This is probably the best way of ordering. I have seen they hate when owners don't have a proper description of the spares, and thus make excuses.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 26th August 2017 at 01:40.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 09:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is THE BEST way of buying spares. Due to the recent court ruling, no ASS should deny selling parts over the counter.
Yes, but most dealers still cling to their old business model where they deny spares by default and only sell when pressure is brought upon them via the manufacturer who has to abide by the court ruling.

Quote:
Similar story with Fiat ASS. Going by their dismal sales, they'll be pretty much happy to sell anything to anyone be it cars or spares.
I'm aware of 99rpm.com. I need spares for my 1.6 GTX and will be buying a few things from this site.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the clarity of requirement but simply a method to protect their business from the competition i.e. from FNGs. The dealer person even admitted to this which is why their default answer to an OTC sale is 'no'.
Old 27th August 2017, 11:45   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They don't import ALL their parts. Even then, the difference is Aliexpress explicitly mentions 30-40 days for delivery. If they do the same, and people start making noises within 10 days, that is not justified.

But here, they happily declare delivery times of 5-7 days and when you contact them, they reply (taking their own sweet time), to wait for a few more days. Then a few more, and again a few more. Eventually you run out of patience.

Quote:
At last some Good news- I emailed a.bhatt@boodmo.com with the problems faced by me and the others, He replied mentioning that he would have all the issues sorted out soon.

Others who are waiting for a long time you could try and contact him
I had got an email from him last time for feedback, so added him to the email thread. Also added the email Leoshashi shared earlier. Now, I don't know who did what, but I got a call saying, my order will be "shipped" in the next 7 days. So total - 14+7 = 21 days (just to ship), against the promised "delivery" time of 5-7 days. I requested him for a refund as I am not willing to waste more time with them.

Got an email sometime later that the refund is processed, should reflect in my bank 5-7 days later.

Boodmo.com is best avoided even if only they list the part you need. Coz going by how they seem to work, they will start looking for it, only after you place the order. And high chances, might not be able to fulfil it. But they will for sure be able to annoy you no ends with their non-sensical emails!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 16:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys try out bksmotors. While it isnt a direct online shopping website their service is decent and parts catalogue is quite extensive
Old 31st August 2017, 11:12   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Got an email sometime later that the refund is processed, should reflect in my bank 5-7 days later.
Got the refund today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks