Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 00:31   #511
Senior - BHPian

Well, I did some hunting around and found that autolamps was the cheapest option if you included shipping etc.
X-treme Power is not officially available in India - I spoke to Philips personally to inquire about that. So I guess it's not really fair (or worthwhile) drawing analogies to Vision Plus prices in India and at autolamps.
Even if Philips were to officially launch the product in India, I doubt it would be much cheaper than 1600 bucks. You could wait and watch, or take the plunge.
I was pretty much set on 90/100 bulbs + relays, but came across these and decided to go for them.
Hope this helps somewhat

PS: Don't worry about autolamps selling fake stuff... they have a very good reputation.

Last edited by razor4077 : 4th July 2007 at 00:32.
Old 4th July 2007, 00:36   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Well, I did some hunting around and found that autolamps was the cheapest option if you included shipping etc.
X-treme Power is not officially available in India - I spoke to Philips personally to inquire about that. So I guess it's not really fair (or worthwhile) drawing analogies to Vision Plus prices in India and at autolamps.
Even if Philips were to officially launch the product in India, I doubt it would be much cheaper than 1600 bucks. You could wait and watch, or take the plunge.
I was pretty much set on 90/100 bulbs + relays, but came across these and decided to go for them.
Hope this helps somewhat

PS: Don't worry about autolamps selling fake stuff... they have a very good reputation.
Thanks dude. I don't think you left me with any other option. The plunge will be taken in a few minutes from now. Best of luck with your car..
Old 4th July 2007, 00:46   #513
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nitin! Let us know when u've got them fitted!
Old 4th July 2007, 10:51   #514
Senior - BHPian

55/60 watts legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As mentioned in my post,

I dont mind getting holders and relay. however, will it damage the headlamps due to overheating?
Hi buddy, hope you got my PM. Any bulb above 55/60 watts is illegal in India. Philips crystalvision, vision plus, xtreme etc. all of them fall within this legal limits. I dont know where you got the impression about cops being attracted to crystalvision. Even if it is true, carry the empty box or wrapper of crystalvision in your car which clearly mentions the wattage, which should shut them up. Lot of my friends are using crystalvision in different cities, none of them were stoped by any cops. Any bulb you are fixing with relay, extra wiring etc. are above 55/60 watts, also you invite the risk of burning the reflector and holder, fading the clear lense and headlight cover on your wagon R on regular use, inspite of inviting trouble from the cops, causing a blinding effect to the oncoming traffic etc. So think twice before you decide on higher watts bulb.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:46   #515
BHPian

hi all ,i have apair of xenon head lamps with me i would like to fit it in my accent crdi 07,i am having the relay and all those stuff along with the bulbs.but i dont have the projectors for the xenons,any idea where can i get this projectors for the accent and how much it costs apprx
Old 4th July 2007, 15:11   #516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanmon View Post
hi all ,i have apair of xenon head lamps with me i would like to fit it in my accent crdi 07,i am having the relay and all those stuff along with the bulbs.but i dont have the projectors for the xenons,any idea where can i get this projectors for the accent and how much it costs apprx
you dont have to get projectors for xenons unless yours require a projector.
Old 4th July 2007, 18:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

Projectors !

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanmon View Post
My friend fitted a pair of xenon headlamps on his swift last week (US made costing around 10k ) by himself. It didnt require any relay nor extra wiring. Yes, its without a projector set up, it gives 5 times more throw of light than my philips crystalvision. His xenon bulbs light up the entire road same like a sunny daylight. Only negative = it blinds the entire oncoming traffic including the trucks. Best thing you can do is fitting them and trying to level it downwards if possible.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:02   #518
BHPian

Has anyone used Philips X-treme Power? Philips claims 80% more light compared to stock, can anyone confirm? Would fitting these on a Wagon R without a relay pose a problem? I need answers urgently. Gotta order X-treme Power on the web.

Any info on wehre I can get these or Vision plus in Delhi/NCR?

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 5th July 2007 at 13:04.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:19   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Has anyone used Philips X-treme Power? Philips claims 80% more light compared to stock, can anyone confirm?
I would be able to, after a couple of weeks or so

Quote:
Would fitting these on a Wagon R without a relay pose a problem?
No, since the wattage is same.

Quote:
Any info on wehre I can get these or Vision plus in Delhi/NCR?
As I said before, Philips does not sell this in India officially. If you can get your hands on some grey stuff, then its up to you.. be careful of fakes.

And what happened to taking the plunge in a few minutes?
Old 5th July 2007, 14:05   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
And what happened to taking the plunge in a few minutes?
The good ol' BSES put paid to my plans. As soon as I logged on to the Autolamps site, the electricity went off. Would have taken the plunge but for this. But now the jitters start again.
Old 6th July 2007, 01:56   #521
BHPian

One of the Bluevision 100/90 I fitted blew suddenly while working.
What is the life expectancy on these bulbs anyway? Considering they are fitted with the necessary relay and upgraded wiring + holders etc.

Also, can I now get just one bulb or do I HAVE to buy the pair? Anything else that I can try other than these? I really like them though.
Old 6th July 2007, 08:35   #522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
One of the Bluevision 100/90 I fitted blew suddenly while working.
What is the life expectancy on these bulbs anyway? Considering they are fitted with the necessary relay and upgraded wiring + holders etc.

Also, can I now get just one bulb or do I HAVE to buy the pair? Anything else that I can try other than these? I really like them though.
Which car? City?

In City, i guess you can blow the bulb easily while using the pass light while in low beam. As both high and low comes on together, causing over-heating.
Old 6th July 2007, 10:14   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
I do agree with Nitrous and Rahul that it is not right on our part to be using 130/100 for it would hamper/disturb the sight of the driver in the opposite vehicle... but am courteous with smaller vehicles and sometimes even run on parking.... but when it comes to teh Volvos, Hi-tech buses and Trucks I do need the lights on ...
suren, how long have u used there high power bulbs. Have you had any issues with lens cracking/holder melting?
Am planning to install on my getz as i do a lot of highway. But want to know reliable these lights are. Pl also let me know the brand..
Old 6th July 2007, 10:56   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARtik View Post
suren, how long have u used there high power bulbs. Have you had any issues with lens cracking/holder melting?
Am planning to install on my getz as i do a lot of highway. But want to know reliable these lights are. Pl also let me know the brand..
I have used Vision + 60/55W in Getz and they work great. Spread is much better.
Make sure you get originals, most of people using philips bulbs are not using philips bulbs.
Old 6th July 2007, 11:27   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Which car? City?

In City, i guess you can blow the bulb easily while using the pass light while in low beam. As both high and low comes on together, causing over-heating.
CD is right Ankit, we blow the bulbs (atleast I do quite a few times) primarily due to my habit of using both the beams together! Possible to do when the HL's are on low-beam & you flash simultaneously. Nothing wrong with the bulb there. And there is no set life time for the bulbs, I've seen some working for a few years without any issues & some going bust in a few weeks.

And generally you can buy single pieces of most bulbs apart from a few Philips ones I guess which come pre-packed in sets of two.

Most Viewed