Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 13:59   #6151
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

@Ketan; the same ballasts will work. I will suggest you align the lights after installing HIDs.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:40   #6152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning to get the XUV delivery within a few days. I have H1 + H7 HIDs on my Palio that I'm planning to remove, though it gives enough/better illumination but it seems to be creating issues for oncming vehicles when using on 2 lane roads since no projectors. I'm planning to get the H7 (low beams) on XUV since that has got the projectors already and get Palio a complete new set of lamps for H1 and H7.

I dont know if I have to add same ballasts that I have in my Palio to the XUV as well! Has M&M taken care of that and made it just a P&P (add the HIDs and go) or I have to get the ballasts from Palio and add it to the XUV? In case if I do that, does it require to break wires/ affects warranty?

Thanks in advance.
Is XUV projector headlight not a HID one already ?

If not, I am not sure if it is a good thing in terms of beam pattern and cut-off to install HID bulb in a projector designed for Halogen. try it and check if there is any improvement over stock by just installing HID on temporary basis before getting it wired for permanently. You will have to use a wiring harness and relay to prevent cutting of any OEM wiring.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:59   #6153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys,

I will give this a try once get my car delivered and ensuring that it doesnt have any impact on warranty etc.
Old 7th June 2012, 13:53   #6154
BHPian

@Nitin, @vikram,

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out that the second bulb did not fail - the holder's clamp was not properly set and as a result the holder had become lose.

I will anyway have the relay and Wiring checked when the vehicle goes in for its 3rd service.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:14   #6155
Senior - BHPian

Guys how are the HID kits by MGT? Has anyone used them before?
Old 8th June 2012, 11:47   #6156
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I am planning a long trip with my Ritz Diesel shortly. As some night driving is involved, i am thinking of upgrading the Stock Bulbs. I have narrowed my search to Philips Extreme Vision H7. Please let me know if it will appropriate or any similar bulbs in market.

Also, any idea if I will be able to change the headlight bulb myself ? I peeped under the hood but did not see enough place to put my hand behind the headlight assembly. Any idea if the headlight needs to be dismantled to change the bulb in Ritz ?

Also, I would like to upgrade the bulbs in the Fog Lamps. Any suggestion on this will be welcome.

I do not wish to modify wiring or plant any cut-outs for above. Just better bulbs with same wattage will be my preference. Please guide me with you inputs.

Thanks.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 8th June 2012 at 11:57.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:20   #6157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I am planning a long trip with my Ritz Diesel shortly. As some night driving is involved, i am thinking of upgrading the Stock Bulbs. I have narrowed my search to Philips Extreme Vision H7. Please let me know if it will appropriate or any similar bulbs in market.
In the absence of any wiring cut or anything, your selected option holds perfect as i did the same with my A-Star. Highway night driving was never a problem after that.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 13:04   #6158
Senior - BHPian

Do the headlight bulbs start dimming with age ? I had installed Phillips halogen headlamps around 6 years back and I am having a feeling that they are not what they used to be, hence I am thinking it is time to replace them.
Old 8th June 2012, 13:09   #6159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Do the headlight bulbs start dimming with age ? I had installed Phillips halogen headlamps around 6 years back and I am having a feeling that they are not what they used to be, hence I am thinking it is time to replace them.
Check the glass of the bulb. If it has darkened, replace it.
Old 10th June 2012, 14:53   #6160
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any review regarding Hella 90/100 bulbs ?

Currently i am using halonex 4300k temperature 90/100 bulbs with relay, but now looking for a change.

So, if anyone have any idea regarding hella bulbs, please help

Cheers
Sameer
Old 10th June 2012, 20:13   #6161
BHPian

I need to do something to secure the Hella auxiliary lamp which I am planning to fix on the front bumper of my Scorpio. Keeping in mind that the lights are pretty expensive and I will not like to loose them, I am thinking of using the breakaway nuts which once tightened will break away from the head portion to make it permanent. I plan to use this outside the normal nuts so this will also work as jam nuts and avoid loosening in the longer run.

Let me know what you all think about the same.

A link to check out the product is given below for reference.

Security Fasteners
Old 11th June 2012, 17:25   #6162
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I was planning to upgrade the stock head lights to 90/100. I thought that this does not require a relay but the dealer says any upgrade to the stock required a relay. Is that right?

Also, would the holder melt if we use a 100/130?

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your advise.
Old 11th June 2012, 18:37   #6163
BHPian

I am posting the pictures of the product as I got it today. Please feel free to sugest on fixing them. I plan to buy the roots wiring set as well to make the connections better. The sets came with the wires and fuse box with 20 amps fuse each.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dscf2576.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dscf2577.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dscf2578.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dscf2579.jpg  

Old 11th June 2012, 18:55   #6164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I am thinking of using the breakaway nuts which once tightened will break away from the head portion to make it permanent.
The idea seems to be very good. Are you sure you won't have to remove the lamps for some kind of maintenance work on the bumper. Won't it be big problem in such a scenario?
Old 11th June 2012, 19:00   #6165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I am posting the pictures of the product as I got it today. Please feel free to sugest on fixing them. I plan to buy the roots wiring set as well to make the connections better. The sets came with the wires and fuse box with 20 amps fuse each.
These look awesome. I wanted to get them on my Swift, but I was criticized badly for that and was really worried that my car would be showcased on the "Wackiest mods" thread

Do put some pics once they are fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks