Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2012, 10:53   #6136
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

@ullal_h; I have a feeling that one of the OEMs is Lumax. Even if not their quality is impeccable.
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:57   #6137
BHPian

All,

I have ordered the following for my Scorpio, waiting to get it to delivered.

Hella Optilux 7" HID Pencil Beam Lamp (HEH71020201 )

I will keep you posted on the performance.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:43   #6138
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know stock rating of OEM fog light in Wagon R (2007 model). Is it 55w (H3) or less?

Regards,
Rahul Singh
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:51   #6139
BHPian

Looking to replace all lights on Vento (Headlamps, Fog lamps, Parking lights and number plate bulbs) to higher temperature - 4300k - need better lighting as well! Prefer plug and play - as don't want to modify any wiring and certainly don't want to fry and electricals or the reflector. Any suggestions?
Old 24th May 2012, 16:03   #6140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Looking to replace all lights on Vento (Headlamps, Fog lamps, Parking lights and number plate bulbs) to higher temperature - 4300k - need better lighting as well! Prefer plug and play - as don't want to modify any wiring and certainly don't want to fry and electricals or the reflector. Any suggestions?
Fog & Headlamp I can understand and can be replaced with Philips or Osram that offers color temp close to 4300k in normal Halogen. But I didnt understand what would Parking & number plate lights do by changing them to 4300k color temp. Only way to achieve that is by using smd LED based bulbs.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:17   #6141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Fog & Headlamp I can understand and can be replaced with Philips or Osram that offers color temp close to 4300k in normal Halogen. But I didnt understand what would Parking & number plate lights do by changing them to 4300k color temp. Only way to achieve that is by using smd LED based bulbs.
This shall explain - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2703555

But don't want to add or subtract wiring, just plug and play.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:38   #6142
BHPian

Hi,

I replaced my OEM headlamp bulbs on my safari with 100/90 from philips two months ago. I added a Hella wiring kit also. Though the light was very bright initially, i feel that the brightness is coming down slowly and now it is similar to 55/60 bulbs. How i realize this is, i have a pair of Neolite fog lamps on my car. When i changed the bulbs for the first two-three weeks, switching ON neolite was hardly visible with the headlight in bright mode. But now neolite is clearly visible as it was with 55/60 bulbs.

Experts any idea, can the bulb's brightness fade off as we use.
Thanks.
Old 25th May 2012, 22:39   #6143
BHPian

Wanted some views on the LED conversion I have tried!

I ordered a set of reverse lights Linky

It took quite some time to arrive, and the killer exchange rate these days made the purchase very expensive.

I did not buy the "SMD" type lights, I instead bought this "cree" type light with a lens on them.

Here is the daylight comparison! The LED is more intense and focussed and compared to the scattered incandescent bulb.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20120525-18.19.49.jpg

Pros:-
Posh look, a really bright spot type.
They advertise it for 7watts, I'm not sure if it is 7W but its bright enough from a safety point of view.
Lens has a good area coverage.
Good Build quality!

Cons:-
Expensive (1k) considering these are just reverse Lights, but these are "cree" type so I'm guessing they are of better build quality

Will save up some more and go for the indicator and finally tail lights.

Any comments,suggestions,alternatives?

Cheers

GT
Old 26th May 2012, 07:17   #6144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt500
Wanted some views on the LED conversion I have tried!

I ordered a set of reverse lights Linky

It took quite some time to arrive, and the killer exchange rate these days made the purchase very expensive.

I did not buy the "SMD" type lights, I instead bought this "cree" type light with a lens on them.

Here is the daylight comparison! The LED is more intense and focussed and compared to the scattered incandescent bulb.

Pros:-
Posh look, a really bright spot type.
They advertise it for 7watts, I'm not sure if it is 7W but its bright enough from a safety point of view.
Lens has a good area coverage.
Good Build quality!

Cons:-
Expensive (1k) considering these are just reverse Lights, but these are "cree" type so I'm guessing they are of better build quality

Will save up some more and go for the indicator and finally tail lights.

Any comments,suggestions,alternatives?

Cheers

GT
Nice!!

7W is the power consumption so as to prevent ecu from thinking that the bulb fused! Actually cree(a manufacturer of power LEDs) led in there might be running on 3v or max 5v if overvolted!

Price is a downside considering exchange rates though!
Do take night time comparison pics too!
Old 26th May 2012, 07:39   #6145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Ordered one set of Hella Optilux 1122 model fog lamps from Amazon.com. Got very good deal considering that in India it is available ~5000 Rupees.
hi Anuj, I hope this works for you. My experience with Hella/ Optilux is that Optilux is not as good as regular Hella. I had picked up a pair lamps (not this model), but another one. One I dropped and the glass cracked. (my mistake). The other one took in water when I drove in rain. No apparent gaps were seen. I had done a lot of searching before I purchased it. I had even opened the unit (the one that broke) and I was thinking that the construction is really good, even if it was China make. But when the second lamp took water, I was not so sure

Suggestion: before you fit it, please seal all joints with Anabond. This is easy to take out also (if ever required).
Anabond is available in almost any hardware store. Take a small tube, and if possible use the tube completely (in other places where sealing can help), because once you open the tube,the paste tends to start hardening.
Old 27th May 2012, 22:54   #6146
BHPian

Reverse Lights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Nice!!

Price is a downside considering exchange rates though!
Do take night time comparison pics too!
Thanks!
I have shot some night pictures in the manual mode of the camera with my limited knowledge of photography, so excuse the blurry snaps!

Yes, the price is high, but after seeing the projector like throw I've changed my opinion to VFM, though It would have been a sweeter deal if the $ was 45 ish.

The throw is a perfectly circular and intense enough as is evident below,
Shot in pitch black with only the reverse lights on!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_2180.jpg

OVERALL = 9/10 for these REVERSE Lights!
Only downer was the exhange rate.I just hope these lights are long lasting and don't turn out to the regular chinese LED crap.
A good option for someone looking for an upgrade to the LED type reverse Lights.

Now the next step is Indicator lights, looking for options ATM.

Cheers

GT

Last edited by GT500 : 27th May 2012 at 23:00.
GT500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 18:02   #6147
BHPian

What has gone wrong with my headlights?

I changed the stock bulbs in my Scorpio to OSRAM Nightbreakers without changing the wattage. The bulbs worked fine for almost 4 months. Recently on a trip to Valparai I noticed that the passenger side bulb was glowing dull like a parking lamp. Since I could not get a replacement OSRAM for that, I replaced it with the stock bulb which I kept on board for emergencies. Now a little over 3 weeks after the change the replaced bulb has also gone kaput! is this because of any wiring issue or is it just bad bulbs?

FYI my Scorpio is about 11 months old and has done 16k kms.
Old 28th May 2012, 18:09   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
What has gone wrong with my headlights?

I changed the stock bulbs in my Scorpio to OSRAM Nightbreakers without changing the wattage. The bulbs worked fine for almost 4 months. Recently on a trip to Valparai I noticed that the passenger side bulb was glowing dull like a parking lamp. Since I could not get a replacement OSRAM for that, I replaced it with the stock bulb which I kept on board for emergencies. Now a little over 3 weeks after the change the replaced bulb has also gone kaput! is this because of any wiring issue or is it just bad bulbs?

FYI my Scorpio is about 11 months old and has done 16k kms.
Sounds like a wiring issue. Get the complete wiring for the affected headlight checked.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:11   #6149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Now a little over 3 weeks after the change the replaced bulb has also gone kaput! is this because of any wiring issue or is it just bad bulbs?
You may want to have your relay checked. I had a bad relay and went through 2 sets of bulbs before I went back and they replaced the relay. The relay was replaced under warranty but I had to pay for the bulbs.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:22   #6150
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning to get the XUV delivery within a few days. I have H1 + H7 HIDs on my Palio that I'm planning to remove, though it gives enough/better illumination but it seems to be creating issues for oncming vehicles when using on 2 lane roads since no projectors. I'm planning to get the H7 (low beams) on XUV since that has got the projectors already and get Palio a complete new set of lamps for H1 and H7.

I dont know if I have to add same ballasts that I have in my Palio to the XUV as well! Has M&M taken care of that and made it just a P&P (add the HIDs and go) or I have to get the ballasts from Palio and add it to the XUV? In case if I do that, does it require to break wires/ affects warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks