Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post

edit: what's the total cost ?
Lets take that offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullal_h View Post
hi guys.

does anyone have an idea whats the colour temperature of xenons which come as OEM fittement in audis, BMWs and mercedes?

4100/4300 K - white with a faint tinge of yellow.

Last edited by theMAG : 15th February 2008 at 23:03.
Old 16th February 2008, 15:01   #1412
BHPian

Guys I wanted to know that Philips Ralley 100/90 is an anti-UV light or not?

My car manual suggest that I sould use anti-UV bulbs, because headlight glass is made up of plastic material.
Old 16th February 2008, 20:41   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Guys I wanted to know that Philips Ralley 100/90 is an anti-UV light or not?

My car manual suggest that I sould use anti-UV bulbs, because headlight glass is made up of plastic material.
What plastic? IIRC all headlights are made of glass. Plastic will melt with 100/90, i guess Renault has taken cost cutting to another level altogether
Old 16th February 2008, 20:54   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
What plastic? IIRC all headlights are made of glass. Plastic will melt with 100/90, i guess Renault has taken cost cutting to another level altogether
I think Headlight enclosures are made of plastic. The bulb has to be of glass.
Old 17th February 2008, 08:48   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I think Headlight enclosures are made of plastic. The bulb has to be of glass.

Correct. Headlight units - reflector and lens, are made of plastic. They were made of glass in the early days.
Old 17th February 2008, 10:33   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
installed crustall vision n immediately noticed the improvement.thanks a lot for the help.now if someone could help about the fogs.the shop had xenon brand 90/100 white fogs but fear of melting something in my precios car prevented me from installing them,what to do?pls help
can anyody help me please??
Old 17th February 2008, 15:55   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Plastics are not like that as you have seen in stone age, most of the times plastics are more reliable and safe, although all newwer vehicles has plastic (Polycarbonate) lenses and suggests that you use anti-UV tubes.

I have researched a bit and found that Renault suggests to use H4 tubes (all Philips H4's are anti-UV) and Philips 100/90 Ralley is also an anti-UV H4.

I have not installed any relays or ceremic holders and having a close watch on complete unit, if it works ok for a month or so then Renault Logan has one more advantage
Old 18th February 2008, 13:14   #1418
BHPian

Here is the information I have gathered regarding Osram.
NightBreaker cost 1625. Its better than Silverstar and also its going to come in the league of any 100/90 bulb. The osram person is telling that it will be even brighter than 100/90 bulb.
Regarding fogs they have a H11 bulb which is 55w which can be replaced for the in stock 35w h8 bulb which comes with swift. Night breaker for fogs has not yet been launched and it will take atleast 6 months. 55w h11 will cost 400 rupees.
For the people who want white/blue light which will make the car look trendy they have Hyper and Mega. Hyper is 5000Kelvin and Mega is 4300K. They are priced 1100 and 1000 respectively.
I alredy have silverstar on my car and I can tell you that the performance is much better than instock bulbs. I am planning to go for night breaker and 55w hll for fogs for my swift. I think this is the most hassle free replacement for getting better lighting for the car without touching the wiring. I think I will go there over the weekend to buy the bulbs. I will be able to give feedback after that.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:09   #1419
BHPian

pshyamsundar thanks for the info.

Where can I source the osram bulbs in Bangalore?
Old 18th February 2008, 15:47   #1420
Senior - BHPian

is Osram NightBreaker available in Pune?? I dont want to touch wiring and get most out of the 55W H1 and H7 bulbs.. As Phillips Vision plus is stopped, I will go for NightBreaker...
Old 18th February 2008, 15:56   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
can anyody help me please??

There isnt any such thing quite as a 100/90 W xenon bulb. The shop would be talking about white halogen bulbs. And there also isnt any such thing as a fog light with low and high beam as this bulb indicates.

This bulb would be a H4 headlight bulb with high-low beam in the same bulb. And 100/90W is perfectly safe for stock reflectors - dont upgrade to any higher wattage than this. Get a relay and a wiring harness of good repute - Bosch or Roots, for the 100/90 bulbs irrespective of what you may hear to the contrary.

The fogs have a single filament H7/H8 bulb most commonly. And the fog reflectors wont melt either with a maximum of 100W.

Last edited by theMAG : 18th February 2008 at 15:58.
Old 18th February 2008, 17:52   #1422
BHPian

Ok you can get in bangalore from osram distributor called reliance auto agency. I am not sure if I can put phone numbers of people on this forum.

PM me I will give you the contact number.

Or you can get the phone numbers if you call the osram people. Osram numbers are available on the net in osram's website.

One thing i can tell you is reliance auto agency is near minerva circle. There is a lane which goes opposite to the hero honda show room on RV road. You have to go in that road and this place is on the first floor.
Old 18th February 2008, 18:32   #1423

I am planning to order Philips xtreme Power through autolamps-online. Anybody has got previous experience with autolamps? How much time will it take for them to deliver? Is there any other reliable online shops for auto bulbs?
Thanks in advance
Old 18th February 2008, 19:16   #1424
BHPian

hi guys.

does anyone have any idea about what type of bulbs does the santro xing fogs have? and whats the brightest lights i could fit for the same.

thanks
Old 18th February 2008, 19:34   #1425
BHPian

santro fogs

i dudes

can anyone tell me what type of bulbs does the santro xing use and can you pls suggest which is a good upgrade for the fogs.

i've sent a same query in the POST A QUICK REPLY section. i have no clue where the post went can you help me out with this too.

thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks