Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 17:18   #1456

from what I read online, white lights indeed are yellow lights but with a blue tint. so I don't think the blubs are defective.

he said he will install the cut-outs in a day or two but he hasn't told anything about the relay. I will visit him now and get the Blue Visions and cut-outs.

I don't want to risk with high wattage bulbs and risk my warranty by installing a relay.

what's your opinion about the Blue Visions?
Old 27th February 2008, 17:05   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

Excellent info on the Osram bulbs. However, are the the 55W H11 bulbs yellow or white? If white, what colour temperature? Are they a direct replacement for the H8 bulbs on the Swift or are modifications required?

Epic
The fog lamps 55W H11 bulbs are yellow light only. Yes they are direct replacement. No modificaitons required.

The white lamps are for head lights.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:40   #1458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilvarma View Post
from what I read online, white lights indeed are yellow lights but with a blue tint. so I don't think the blubs are defective.

he said he will install the cut-outs in a day or two but he hasn't told anything about the relay. I will visit him now and get the Blue Visions and cut-outs.

I don't want to risk with high wattage bulbs and risk my warranty by installing a relay.

what's your opinion about the Blue Visions?
as long as its done properly you wont have any warranty issues. not all bulbs have the blue coating. but since your lights are giving out yellow light the blue coating must have worn off. now either your bulbs are defective or your dealer has given you old bulbs. thats why i said to get them replaced. get the relay and cut outs installed then see the difference it makes on the narvas. 55/60w blue visions will be just for show. they wont give out much light.
Old 27th February 2008, 20:19   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
im having a wagonr duo and have travelled 1200 kms in total of which only <300 km with lights. tonight, the light wasnt switching on, and high beam indicator was on in the display. is the life of bulb this short? or can it be any other reason? why the high beam indicator was shown?
The best way of checking is by installing the Spare headlamps and testing if it works. If yes, means the earlier bulb have conked off. Normal life of bulbs is not so short. Its about 1000 hrs.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:15   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
as long as its done properly you wont have any warranty issues. not all bulbs have the blue coating. but since your lights are giving out yellow light the blue coating must have worn off. now either your bulbs are defective or your dealer has given you old bulbs. thats why i said to get them replaced. get the relay and cut outs installed then see the difference it makes on the narvas. 55/60w blue visions will be just for show. they wont give out much light.
is the cut-out installed to tolerate the extra heat generated by the lights or do they have other purpose?

and is it really necessary to install a relay? what are the cons of not having a relay installed?
Old 28th February 2008, 08:47   #1461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
is the cut-out installed to tolerate the extra heat generated by the lights or do they have other purpose?

and is it really necessary to install a relay? what are the cons of not having a relay installed?
the relay makes sure your bulb gets the adequate wattage since stock wires are meant for 55/60w.
Old 28th February 2008, 09:01   #1462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This is not correct. According to policy of most companies, they can void your warranty(if they so desire) if you get the electrical system tampered with. The best policy is to pay a little more and find out an "Authorized dealer" who does this. For example, concord motors blr used to do this.

Quote:

A relay and wiring is installed to bypass the stock electrical system. The stock wiring and circut's are designed to handle 60 watts, which comes close to 10A total current for both bulbs.
When you install 100W bulbs your current requirement is about 16A.
Thats a 60% increase in the current, and it means you are pushing the stock electrical system to the limit.
Therefore you install a relay with wiring so that the current is taken off the stock system to this bypass system which is designed for this load.
To know about what is a relay, read this
Relay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 28th February 2008, 13:21   #1463
BHPian

Need a reliable source for changing the headlights

Hey friends,

I need a reliable source near f'bad / south delhi to change the headlights on NHC VTEC.

We got the car last year and I immediately upgraded the headlights to Philips Rallye 100/90 with relay. It was ok but the bulb fused within 5 months. Next I changed to Philips BlueVision 100/90. Again they lasted just a couple of months. Fed up with halogens, I tried the HID kit. BIG MISTAKE. Never try HIDs in reflectors. Although the intensity is very good but focus is horrible. Its good for low beam but in high beam I feel the depth of vision is better in halogens. Otherwise there is no problem with the HIDs.

So now I want to change back to halogens. I want 100/90 wattage bulbs.

1. Please suggest what are good options in this wattage. I personally like Blue Visions but an open to try something different.

2. I don't want yellow or blue lights. White light is just perfect to my eyes.

3. Most importantly - let me know a reliable source to get a relay and the bulbs (with approx costs) so that it doesn't blow off too soon.

Thanks a lot
Naman
Old 28th February 2008, 13:26   #1464

whats the purpose of a cut-out? do i have to get a cut-out if i use blue visions?
Old 28th February 2008, 13:41   #1465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
whats the purpose of a cut-out? do i have to get a cut-out if i use blue visions?
if you use 55/60w bulbs you dont need cut outs or relays. just fit them in. what i dont understand is how your using 100/90w bulbs without either?
Old 28th February 2008, 18:27   #1466

what my friend (he is the dealer) said is that he will install cut-outs in a week. he said its not a problem to run without cut-out for a short while but it will cause problems after few weeks.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:21   #1467
BHPian

white fog lights!

Hello guys..

Is it possible to replace stock fog lights with a white one! If yes, which one!

I have decided for the blue vision, but i dont want yellow fog lights with it!!
Also, is it possible to repace indicator bulbs aswell ..to white!!

Thanks for your suggestions!

btw.. the car is fusion

Regards
Gaurav

Moderator's note: Please use the search function before posting new threads. Merged.

Last edited by theMAG : 1st March 2008 at 14:19.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:59   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Any bulb can be replaced on the car a slong as you get the correct specification and wiring.

Check the specification of the stock fog lamp (h7, h8 etc) and then buy a 55 or 50watt crystal vision/blue vision.

You would be lost in the rain/fog though :(

Last edited by s0uljah : 29th February 2008 at 14:01.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:02   #1469
BHPian

Hey gaurav I would strongly suggest not to go in for white fog lights as the intensity of light given out by these bulbs are very poor.The best alternatives for white lights are xenon's which are expensive but worth the price.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:12   #1470
Distinguished - BHPian

My swift has white fog lamps? what colour should they be?

I wouldn't have thought that intensity is the biggest deal for fog lamps, as they illuminate the road fairly close in front you, helping you to follow it and avoid obstacles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks