Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2020, 22:55   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

The link seems to be broken. Does the Nexon have a single or double horn ? Also if this is used, will a relay still be required ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 23:39   #1742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Stumbled upon it finally here at AliExpress -
Link - Tata cars' horn wire coupler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The link seems to be broken. Does the Nexon have a single or double horn ? Also if this is used, will a relay still be required ?
Indeed the link was broken! I wonder what went wrong, thanks for pointing that out.

Here it is again - Link - AliExpress horn coupler.
  1. Nexon has dual horns. 1 in front of the radiator behind the top black grille. The other is besides the front right fog light.
  2. This coupler is simply for wire connection. Nothing to do with relay or no relay. However - as long as you are using typical 12V dual horns in Tigor/Nexon etc that have stock twin horns, no relay is required. The wiring is good enough to support the current of the replacement horns typically used.
  3. I used these horns for years on the Vista with similar stock dual horn wiring. Worked absolutely fine without any relay. Tata's stock wiring is good quality and gauge.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th April 2020 at 23:42.
Old 17th April 2020, 16:03   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Good info. It's always handy in order to replace the stock horn without fiddling with the stock harness
Old 5th May 2020, 22:17   #1744
BHPian

In my opinion, tampering with company fitted horns and installation of pressure horns etc is illegal; atleast in the city where I live.
Old 18th June 2020, 20:36   #1745
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to do a DIY horn upgrade in my Rapid.

Got a "Super" branded relay that came with a relay plug and wires.

Though 30 and 87 pins are wired with 12AWG wires, terminals 85 and 86 are wired with a 17/18AWG wire.

Is this good enough or should I change the wires to better thickness?
Old 19th June 2020, 12:52   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Though 30 and 87 pins are wired with 12AWG wires, terminals 85 and 86 are wired with a 17/18AWG wire.
Is this good enough or should I change the wires to better thickness?
Provided wires are sufficient. 85 & 86 are the relay coil terminals. So the current drawn on this wire is simply what the relay itself needs to switch. The load (horn) doesn't draw current from these wires.

I'm assuming you'll use the existing 30 pin wire to connect separately to power source & not short it with relay coil pins. In this case - given wires are good enough.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 18:25   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming you'll use the existing 30 pin wire to connect separately to power source & not short it with relay coil pins. In this case - given wires are good enough.
Yes, I have wired pin 30 with a 2.5 sq.mm wire with in line fuse to draw power from battery and same core wire to power horns from pin 87. Thanks for the clarification!

After doing all the wiring and relay connections, I'm not getting any output from horns but relay is clicking when horn is triggered.

How do I troubleshoot now?

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 19th June 2020 at 18:27.
Old 19th June 2020, 21:11   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
After doing all the wiring and relay connections, I'm not getting any output from horns but relay is clicking when horn is triggered.
How do I troubleshoot now?
Are both the horns properly grounded? Do you have a multimeter? Can you check if the pin to horns gets 12v when your relay is tripping to On?
Old 20th June 2020, 07:20   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Are both the horns properly grounded? Do you have a multimeter? Can you check if the pin to horns gets 12v when your relay is tripping to On?
Thanks for your guidance! Though I don't have a multimeter I used a car fuse tester to check the harness.

Everything is good except that I connected the power drawing line to a dead terminal.

VW cars come with a terminal splitter at positive lead of which one is left without feed from the main terminal.

Connected it to a live terminal and voila!
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 23:14   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Incidentally, I had my Autoform seat covers in Jan'19 from them.
How was your experience with the seat covers?
Did you you get the door pads, steering wheel, armrest etc. done too? Can you share pictures

Trying to understand if the West delhi shops are worth the time investment
Old 15th September 2020, 18:50   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How was your experience with the seat covers?
This is going OT.

Replied here (Seat Covers by Auto Form India).
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:23   #1752
BHPian

Hi
Stock horn in my alto is Hella s90. I am planning to upgrade the horn without affecting warranty. What is the way forward? And which one to pick?. Please suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-picsart_100408.17.16.jpg  

Old 4th October 2020, 21:47   #1753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Hi Stock horn in my alto is Hella s90. I am planning to upgrade the horn without affecting warranty. What is the way forward? And which one to pick?. Please suggest.
Use an auxiliary harness that bypasses the factory wiring. That's the only way to prevent the warranty from being declared invalid/void. And yes, whenever you claim warranty for any part remove the aftermarket wiring & horns. Trust me, many years after my car's warranty expired the ASC still makes a note of every single aftermarket accessory fitted during the annual service. That report goes straight to the car manufacturer.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 21:58   #1754
BHPian

Wow! That is worrying. Now it is in the standard warranty period of 2 years and also has extended warranty of 3 years. Now I think it is not wise to do an immediate upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Use an auxiliary harness that bypasses the factory wiring. That's the only way to prevent the warranty from being declared invalid/void. And yes, whenever you claim warranty for any part remove the aftermarket wiring & horns. Trust me, many years after my car's warranty expired the ASC still makes a note of every single aftermarket accessory fitted during the annual service. That report goes straight to the car manufacturer.
Old 16th November 2020, 18:07   #1755
BHPian

Hi
I bought a Bosch symphony horn to install in my alto. The stock horn is a single horn setup and I want to change it to the dual horn setup. Which is the best horn relay to go with it??

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks