Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 12:16   #1726
BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

Upgraded the horns on my EcoSport to Hella Red Grille Supertones. They are absolutely amazing!! Its loud and sharp. Physically they are almost twice the size of the stock horns.

I am even more careful now in blasting them around housing complexes.
Old 28th January 2020, 12:56   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Bob's Auto Mall, located exactly at Atul Kataria Chowk sector 14.
I got Hella Chrome Trumpets installed from Bob which I bought from Amazon. They did a nice job and installed it in 15-20 minutes.

Incidentally, I had my Autoform seat covers in Jan'19 from them.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 13:03   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got Hella Chrome Trumpets installed from Bob which I bought from Amazon. They did a nice job and installed it in 15-20 minutes.

Incidentally, I had my Autoform seat covers in Jan'19 from them.
Yes their staff is quite fast and courteous.
I prefer buying horns from them because they replace it no questions asked if something goes wrong (within six months warranty)
Do share pictures of the seat covers and details about their comfort.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 20:42   #1729
BHPian

Had changed my Amaze's Horns to a set of Bosch Symphonys a few months back. Last month, the low tone stopped working and only the high tone works, which makes it sound horrible. What could the issue be? Should I replace the horns?
Thank you.
Old 9th February 2020, 22:49   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Had changed my Amaze's Horns to a set of Bosch Symphonys a few months back. Last month, the low tone stopped working and only the high tone works, which makes it sound horrible. What could the issue be? Should I replace the horns?
Thank you.
Check the connectors on the affected horn. If possible, try to isolate wiring by testing that horn by directly connecting to battery terminal. If it is working fine, the horn of course is not to be blamed. If horn doesn't work when connected this way to battery, if is the horn that's gone.

To isolate relay/wiring issues, swap both the horns with the connectors and check. If the other horn doesn't work on the swapped connectors, it's wiring/relay issue.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th February 2020 at 22:51.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 17:36   #1731
BHPian

So I found the culprit. How do I go about repairing it?
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-img_20200215_080653.jpg  

Old 15th February 2020, 18:07   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
So I found the culprit. How do I go about repairing it?
Just get a new connector crimped at the end of the wire by any car electrician.
Old 28th February 2020, 16:43   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I understand Honda City has "Honda" horn connectors. Did Bob's cut the wires or use connectors?
Old 28th February 2020, 17:15   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I understand Honda City has "Honda" horn connectors. Did Bob's cut the wires or use connectors?
Absolutely no wire cuts. Stock horns (not sure both or one) are connected with only one pin connector and aftermarket horns have two pins. So, he made a small cable for second pin that is connected to car body for grounding.

PS: I didn't like Hella Chrome Trumpets unlike most people. I like cheaper Minda Trumpets in my other car.
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-38100.jpg  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 28th February 2020 at 17:16.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 18:30   #1735
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good and reliable horn replacement for my Ignis stock horns. The stock ones fitted in the Seltos and the Creta sounds fantastic. Can anyone please suggest me a similar type for my vehicle? Also, I am based in Pune. It would be great if you could suggest any stores in the city.

My car is under the extended warranty though. So, will changing horns lead to any issues regarding the same?

- DS
Old 29th February 2020, 19:08   #1736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good and reliable horn replacement for my Ignis stock horns. The stock ones fitted in the Seltos and the Creta sounds fantastic. Can anyone please suggest me a similar type for my vehicle? Also, I am based in Pune. It would be great if you could suggest any stores in the city.

My car is under the extended warranty though. So, will changing horns lead to any issues regarding the same?

- DS
You can try Bosch Symphony dual tone horn. I have it on my WagonR for the past 3 years now. It's louder than the stock horn of my Seltos.

Since my WagonR had dual tone horn as stock setup, this Symphony was a plug and play replacement without affecting warranty.

Edit: Here's the product listing : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01H078EEO/..._FMMwEbZ7P2J33

Last edited by ashis89 : 29th February 2020 at 19:11.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 01:07   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
You can try Bosch Symphony dual tone horn. I have it on my WagonR for the past 3 years now. It's louder than the stock horn of my Seltos.

Since my WagonR had dual tone horn as stock setup, this Symphony was a plug and play replacement without affecting warranty.

Edit: Here's the product listing : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01H078EEO/..._FMMwEbZ7P2J33
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Sorry, just one last doubt. Do I need to fit a relay as well?

- DS
Old 1st March 2020, 02:12   #1738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Sorry, just one last doubt. Do I need to fit a relay as well?

- DS
If your OEM horns are dual tone(like the one on my WagonR), you wouldn't need a relay. The existing relay would be sufficient. These Bosch horns are rated 3A and hence were a simple replacement of the existing horns on my car.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 02:13   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
If your OEM horns are dual tone(like the one on my WagonR), you wouldn't need a relay. The existing relay would be sufficient. These Bosch horns are rated 3A and hence were a simple replacement of the existing horns on my car.
Yes. The stock ones are dual tone indeed. Thanks a lot for the help!

- DS
DebarshiSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 18:31   #1740
Distinguished - BHPian

Found the Tata cars' horn wire coupler!!

I will be replacing the stock horns in my Nexon with the wind tone trumpets that I have with me. Obviously the connectors are totally different. I don't want to splice the wires for 2 reasonss -
  1. Primary reason - the horns are placed quite precariously and any servicing needs the bumper to be removed. I don't want to do this often due to connection issues.
  2. Not so important in my case - Technically such wiring can void the warranty. Although I have a nice kitty full of goodwill with my TASC place, I don't like to use it!
I had spliced the wires in the Vista, but it was well out of warranty then and also had the horns located very easy to access. So was trying to find the right coupler for this connection since quite a while but no luck. Stumbled upon it finally here at AliExpress -
Link - Tata cars' horn wire coupler.

I'm quite sure this is the one but haven't tried yet due to lockdown! If anyone has already tried it, do let me know.
Its the same unit on all cars from the brand since a long while! And guess what - its actually the EV1 coupler used quite regularly for the electrical wiring connections of the fuel injection systems of the engine!

Points to note -
  1. Car harness has female socket fixed.
  2. Horn wire will need male socket, order just the male one from the link above.
  3. If 2 horns - you'll need 2 couplers.
  4. Solder 2 wires of this new coupler with the 2 pins of the horn in right polarity & you are good to go!
Unless someone reports that this is not the right product, I'll order it once the COVID19 emergency subsides from all places & lockdowns are over. I'll wait a while longer to ensure all postage / shipping backlogs are cleared and then will order. Meanwhile - I'll be scouting the CNG retrofit shops once the open. I suspect they'll have these available for their use with the kits. Worth taking a chance.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th April 2020 at 23:56. Reason: Link fixed on request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks