Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2017, 21:21   #1576
Team-BHP Support

Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Any inputs will be much appreciated.
I have neither seen Nautilues, nor had the chance to peek under a Duster's hood, but would advice to check the space [for fitment] and then, either get it done [purchase & fitting] from a local shop or buy it online.

Checking brands such as Minda, Hella, Lucas, Bosch etc I would any day go for Roots, no one builds horns as them as they are the most adept for our situations [water/constant honking etc]
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 22:21   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have neither seen Nautilues, nor had the chance to peek under a Duster's hood, but would advice to check the space [for fitment] and then, either get it done [purchase & fitting] from a local shop or buy it online.

Checking brands such as Minda, Hella, Lucas, Bosch etc I would any day go for Roots, no one builds horns as them as they are the most adept for our situations [water/constant honking etc]
Thank you, even I love Roots otherwise, my i20 had Hella red coloured trumpets before, those lasted only about 8 months. Then last 3 years I had Roots running without any issues what so ever. It's just that Stebel TM80/2 sounds more premium and exclusive. Shall keep you guys updated.

Cheers
T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 22:11   #1578
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a better horn for a 2016 Nano without adding relays and wiring. Please suggest a good one which is a simple swap with existing one.
Old 16th January 2017, 22:27   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,

I am planning to change the stock dual horn in my Duster AWD to Stebel TM80/2 Magnum. By the way, Stebel Italia has a really neat website, (here's the link: http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products...ipologia=auto:) it lets you listen to the sound, on windows pcs at least. It didn't work on my iphone and android phone though. Has any of the fellow duster owners tried doing this. I'm getting it at a good discount on Amazon, hence do not wiah to lose out, but at the same time, can not imagine if there's enough room to mount the new horn and suitable relay. Also, going thru' the earlier posts from experienced guys, I feel I should change to suitable wiring too. I guess it's not too bulky like the regular Nautilus. Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
I bought the TM80/2 for 1.1K from ebay - amazon prices seem to be around the 1.5K mark. Check on youtube - there are plenty of comparisons of horns.

My picks are the hella redgrille's for highway use and the stebels for city use. I'm running roots vibrosonic right now after my redgrilles died during the chennai floods (magnum also stopped working for a day, but came back, but one of the horns is not as loud, leading to a slightly different tone)

Installed the vibrosonic after reading about their "govt car" type tone, but am not impressed - the magnum plays louder. Perhaps the megasonic would have been better, but they wouldnt fit inside my indica.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 23:55   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I am looking for a better horn for a 2016 Nano without adding relays and wiring. Please suggest a good one which is a simple swap with existing one.
I posted a query on low power horn in Power horns thread

I checked Nano wiring, and the fuse is 10A for horn circuit. Does that mean I can fit a pair of horn which draws less than 10A safely without a relay?

Snapdeal sells Hella S90 set for Rs450. Is the price for a single or set? Also the current rating of 3.5A Max is for single or set?
Old 19th January 2017, 00:22   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I bought the TM80/2 for 1.1K from ebay - amazon prices seem to be around the 1.5K mark. Check on Youtube - there are plenty of comparisons of horns.

My picks are the hella redgrille's for highway use and the stebels for city use. I'm running roots vibrosonic right now after my redgrilles died during the chennai floods (magnum also stopped working for a day, but came back, but one of the horns is not as loud, leading to a slightly different tone)

Installed the vibrosonic after reading about their "govt car" type tone, but am not impressed - the magnum plays louder. Perhaps the megasonic would have been better, but they wouldnt fit inside my indica.

So finally I replaced my stock Minda single horn with Bosch Symphony. It costs 850 Rs, comes with 1 year mfg warranty and the dealer has taken full responsibility saying it doesn't require any additional relays and he'd fix any problems if they occur. Also, tried Roots windtone, Hella Red grills, Roots premium (works on a circuit inside the horn, rather than diphragm mechanism of all others mentioned, it costs whopping 2250 bucks). Out of the others, the Bosch ones were the loudest and crisp sound according to my liking.

Here are some pictures of the job. Got it done at Choksi Motors, Milan Subway, Santacruz west.
Power Horns!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484764985.677591.jpg
Power Horns!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484765035.149554.jpg
Power Horns!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484765098.549845.jpg
Power Horns!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484765356.413783.jpg

Apologise for the low light scenario, but got it done on my wat back from work. I was also planning to get an LED Bar installed but it was too late and my patience ran out and this is not the right thread. More on that in lighting thread.

Cheers!
Old 19th January 2017, 00:34   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
I posted a query on low power horn in Power horns thread

I checked Nano wiring, and the fuse is 10A for horn circuit. Does that mean I can fit a pair of horn which draws less than 10A safely without a relay?

Snapdeal sells Hella S90 set for Rs450. Is the price for a single or set? Also the current rating of 3.5A Max is for single or set?

Hi, where are your Nano's stock horns placed, I hope not on the firewall as was in the first gen Nano. It'd be more annoying for the occupants. My Father in Law has a Zen Estilo, we switched horns and took them out immediately, as it had similar placement on firewall and turned out to be more annoying. Most of the cars have a relay preinstalled which is good enough for 10 amp, if your Nano has a built in relay then probably you can go for it. Also, if your Nano is in warranty, be prepared to face warranty issues that may arise.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:55   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally I replaced my stock Minda single horn with Bosch Symphony. It costs 850 Rs, comes with 1 year mfg warranty and the dealer has taken full responsibility saying it doesn't require any additional relays and he'd fix any problems if they occur.
Based on your experience, I am also going with Bosch Symphony. Ordered a pair from paytm for ~Rs470 after cashback. Will do the installation by myself.
Can you tell me what is the current rating mentioned in the box/manual ?

The horns are placed behind bumper, not on the firewall.

I am trying to do a simple swap job without a relay due to warranty issues.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:34   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Based on your experience, I am also going with Bosch Symphony. Ordered a pair from paytm for ~Rs470 after cashback. Will do the installation by myself.
Can you tell me what is the current rating mentioned in the box/manual ?

The horns are placed behind bumper, not on the firewall.

I am trying to do a simple swap job without a relay due to warranty issues.
Not sure, I'd have a look in the evening and let you know. You will need splicing of the stock wire to get the extra wire plugged in for the second horn. Do post pics of your job. Honk with care
Old 24th January 2017, 08:34   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian

The attached link is on installation of Roots Vibrosonic horns in my GV . I was very particular about not allowing the horns to be placed too close to the a.c. condenser or sensors or other electronics.

There was a report of an i10 airbag sensor going kaput because of a power horn.

I have known a Ritz's central locking hazard flashers to start working when a Bullet Thunderbird exhaust note strikes a certain pitch when accelerated.

I didn't want any "extra noise" to create new problems in the car and hence took extra time to decide on the horns positioning.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4132271
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 17:01   #1586
BANNED

Hey guys, I have recently purchased a pair of BOSCH windtones for my Bajaj CT100B, and was considering setting them up this weekend, but before that wanted to confirm whether they were legal, reason for asking is because a few years ago we got stopped by cops for using windtones on my Zen Estilo, the cop gave me an illogical explanation and I didnt bother to correct him at the time, but coming to think about it, I believe it would be best to confirm before going ahead with the update. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st April 2017, 03:29   #1587
BHPian

Can somebody clarify a doubt that I have, please? For installs where a separate horn is installed in parallel to the stock one, with a wiring kit, relay, and switch on the dashboard to toggle between the stock and aftermarket horns, is opening up of the steering wheel required?
Old 1st April 2017, 17:18   #1588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I bought the TM80/2 for 1.1K from ebay - amazon prices seem to be around the 1.5K mark.
Greenie, do they sound like this:

Others I am looking at:
Bosch Symphony: 108-110 db

Hella Red grill: 118db

Hella Yellow Panther:
Old 1st April 2017, 17:22   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Can somebody clarify a doubt that I have, please? For installs where a separate horn is installed in parallel to the stock one, with a wiring kit, relay, and switch on the dashboard to toggle between the stock and aftermarket horns, is opening up of the steering wheel required?
Opening up steering wheel is not needed. the horn signal can be tapped from the wiring harnesses behind the steering wheel
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 08:58   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Greenie, do they sound like this:
the sound in the stebel clip is distorted - the tone is correct, but the sound is cleaner than this

Redgrille- sounds bassier than the yellow one, also louder, which is hard to capture in a video as both phones and youtube have auto volume levels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks