Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:08   #1771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Any suggestion or idea where can we source the horn couplers for the Honda city 2020. I wish to swap the existing one with Hella chrome trumpet and don't want to slice or cut any wire to keep warranty intact.
Do you have a picture of the coupler that you are looking for?
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:25   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Any suggestion or idea where can we source the horn couplers for the Honda city 2020. I wish to swap the existing one with Hella chrome trumpet and don't want to slice or cut any wire to keep warranty intact. Ordering from aliexpress will be a challenge.
Consider using an auxiliary harness like the one from Hella. It needs a small mod (refer my post below) but any good automobile electrician can do it. It'll keep you warranty intact. The factory +ve lead will serve as the trigger.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 22:27   #1773

Trying to change horns on my 2019 fortuner. Going by all the reviews, I have shortlisted Hella chrome Trumpet set of horns. Do i need to splice up any wires,change fuse or install another relay? I think the stock horns are rated 3A each. Will the Hella's be a simple plug and play? Thank you
RJ21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:28   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Theres a new chrome horn from blaupunkt which is rated to be as powerful as the hella. Anyone using that one?
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:09   #1775
BHPian

6RF 951 221B - LOW TONE
6RF 951 223B - HIGH TONE
Can anyone confirm me if they are the OEM horns of VW?
Phukan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:14   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai (at least in i20, i10 and Creta) has a peculiarity with it's horns. They have a OEM coupler that fits onto the horns from the wiring harness. The horn itself has this male connector. The harness has the female connector.
Power Horns!-img_20210730_082119.jpg
These pics depict a Gen2 i20 but the connectors are the same as Creta type (for want of a better name).
Power Horns!-img_20210730_082146.jpg

Now my new (2020) i20 comes with a single Creta type horn Low tone and it sounds terribly anemic. So I want to add another Creta horn Hi tone to balance it out. But don't want to cut any wires. I understand that there already is a horn relay within the system, so apparently another relay is not required.

Any suggestions as to how I can go about this?

I found this connector on aliexpress. It looks the same as the OEM connector.
Got this link from an old post of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That plug is same as Peugeot and some other cars. The link to the one which works on Ecosport is this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...311.0.0.OkQxh7

So now I have an extra Fiesta horn connector.....
Does it look like this? Picture of which I downloaded from Aliexpress page quoted by you. Power Horns!-aliexpress-connector-horn.jpg
Could it be useful for me?
Old 30th July 2021, 11:26   #1777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Now my new (2020) i20 comes with a single Creta type horn Low tone and it sounds terribly anemic. So I want to add another Creta horn Hi tone to balance it out. But don't want to cut any wires. I understand that there already is a horn relay within the system, so apparently another relay is not required.

Any suggestions as to how I can go about this?
OEMs do not make a fuss about installing an aftermarket horn or stereo, its normal. Purchase a Bosch \ Roots horn set (INR 600), relay, fuse and associated wiring. Take signal from Stock horn wiring to trigger the aftermarket horn. You can add a switch to swap between them as needed. Any accessory shop would do this for you.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:25   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I found this connector on aliexpress. It looks the same as the OEM connector.
Did you get these connectors and installed the OEM High Tone Horn?

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2022 at 07:40. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 30th August 2021, 16:50   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Did you get these connectors and installed the OEM High Tone Horn?
I went to HASS and they fitted the Hi tone Creta horn with the required connections. No relay required.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 00:23   #1780

Hi guys, I’ve just installed a Hella Chrome trumpet in my Polo GT TSI, the dual horn setup worked using the spare connector behind the right fog lamp.

I have 2 issues:

1. The sound is exceptionally loud inside the cabin.

2. There is a LOT of modulations in the sound I can feel the pitch constantly changing when honking for 4-5 secs or even in between 2 honks.

Can some one please help me solve the first problem and understand the second?

I’m now aware of the amperage of the OEM relay on the Polo or if the chrome trumpets are a mid fit.

Looking forward to help from fellow enthusiasts!
Old 8th March 2022, 11:40   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardul_pathak View Post
I have 2 issues:

1. The sound is exceptionally loud inside the cabin.

2. There is a LOT of modulations in the sound I can feel the pitch constantly changing when honking for 4-5 secs or even in between 2 honks.
Check if the horn is facing downwards or not,also if its mounted close to firewall or facing the firewall the sound will be louder inside and not outside.

for the second issue, i think its better to use a relay, looks like there is no proper current flow causing the pitch difference unless of-course the horns themselves are defective.
The relay would help solve the current supply issue.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:09   #1782

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Check if the horn is facing downwards or not,also if its mounted close to firewall or facing the firewall the sound will be louder inside and not outside.

for the second issue, i think its better to use a relay, looks like there is no proper current flow causing the pitch difference unless of-course the horns themselves are defective.
The relay would help solve the current supply issue.
Hi @scorpian, can you please guide me with relay replacement? I don't trust the local electricians in the workshop and VW wouldn't do anything which is not bone stock.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:24   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @scorpian, can you please guide me with relay replacement? I don't trust the local electricians in the workshop and VW wouldn't do anything which is not bone stock.
you would need something like this, please see the link.
https://www.amazon.in/Hella-329-318-.../dp/B00FDPYH2O

I think after fixing this your problem will be solved.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 15:25   #1784
BANNED

Quote:
I would suggest opting for harness from Vaishnu sold in Amazon. I have bought their regular LED lighting harness to power the LED cubes. Finding them to be good, I asked them to give me a customized harness which would switch the hi/lo function to lo/hi and support 4 Rallye 4000s with two separate relays for each pair. They did a wonderful job with a single harness with three relays and four fuses and even came on video call and guided me in the DIY process too.(I had trusted a number of 'good' electricians and have come sorely disappointed. Their customer support is good and you can aak them to customize a relay to suit your requirement by sending them pics of the parts. They reply promptly and get the job done at a reasonable rate. Link
I myself have ordered one to mount two trumpets Hella and Generic and will be mounting them DIY soon using their harness. These will consume 600 watts and their relay can take 800 watts.

Disclaimer: I am no was related to them and am from the opposite end of the country. I am just happy that the harnesses in my car have been finally trouble free after over 30,000kms of headaches from numerous visits to 'reputed' electricians. I tore all the old wiring out by myself and put in two harnesses.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 13th May 2022 at 15:34.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 00:50   #1785

I realized my CB350 single horn is not sufficient for highway riding. When cruising at any speed above 60kmph, it is difficult to hear the meek sound. The sound of Honda’s dual horns are also not to my liking. Which power horn should I go with? I am completely clueless in this department, and I trust the minds here to guide me in the right direction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks