Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 10:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
CS400 will have tough competition from the BMW 310.

Don't think so.

The BMW will be compared directly with the KTM 390s (RC and Duke).. both in terms of Pricing and Brand Image.

The Bajaj as usual will be the quintessential Desi Value For Money offering.

Last edited by payeng : 12th April 2016 at 10:45.
Old 12th April 2016, 10:53   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Don't think so.

The BMW will be compared directly with the KTM 390s (RC and Duke).. both in terms of Pricing and Brand Image.

The Bajaj as usual will be the quintessential Desi Value For Money offering.
True.

But the KTM twins are very hardcore and performance oriented. Not something I would prefer for highways. The BMW and the CS400 'seems' better in this regard, looking at the initial reveal. Hence my comment on the competition, not directly related to the price.

But yes, the Pulsar should be priced way less. Personally, I'm looking forward to both these motorcycles as an upgrade choice.
Old 12th April 2016, 11:13   #93
BHPian

The CS400 will be the poor, hard working, honest step brother of the rich brat Duke 390 lol.

Seriously though, while the duke is more top end screamer, this ought to be a torque surfer. Price it under 2lac OTR and say hello to the newest poser/ricer toy directly competing against the REs.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 11:33   #94
BHPian

Quote:
From the above spy pics, it seems the bulbs are not halogen headlamps. Too bright and a bit bluish.

Could they have carried forward the LED headlamp design to the production version? That would be a major first time feature in the market across these entry level segments.

CS400 will have tough competition from the BMW 310.
They seem to be different type of bikes, so I think they won’t really compete the same segment. However BMW will give fair competition to likes of ninja and Yamaha at 300cc.

I Feel CS will appeal to those who would prefer powerful, feature packed and mileage topping tourer that can do Leh and back in less time and safely than an Enfield. In short the bike which can make riding to Leh much less of an adventure .

Typical Bajaj strength of VFM and more than expected specs is what makes Bajaj different in any segment. This product will do the same for a 300-400cc space.

My personal favourite would be an AS400 with better plastics and ABS, but I am asking way too much ATM.
Old 12th April 2016, 11:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True.

But the KTM twins are very hardcore and performance oriented. Not something I would prefer for highways. The BMW and the CS400 'seems' better in this regard, looking at the initial reveal. Hence my comment on the competition, not directly related to the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Seriously though, while the duke is more top end screamer, this ought to be a torque surfer. Price it under 2lac OTR and say hello to the newest poser/ricer toy directly competing against the REs.
Quite True about the KTMs... its just too Frantic, too "smells like teen spirit". Would have found it a hoot to ride 10 years back... not now.

Am on the lookout for a

[1] Mature looking bike (that stands out from the Young "Dhoom" Bikes), with

[2] Mature Performance (something bigger than 200-250 cc's) that should also be

[3] Modern (Fuel Injection) & Safe (ABS, Tubeless Tyres, Rigid Perimeter Frame).

NOT looking for a Royal Enfield (Not convinced).. or a Street Twin / Iron 883 (out of budget)

the CS400 seems to fit the bill.

Last edited by payeng : 12th April 2016 at 12:06.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 12:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, so the inverted shocks have been left out - that is a reasonable bargain, so won't be too disappointed with it.

The headlamps are not the usual halogens, either xenon HIDs or maybe LEDs ( I know I am asking too much here )

The flashy alloys have been replaced with black ones? or it is clever camouflaging? anyhow, the design appears to be very similar.

contemplating between this and the upcoming Classic replacement with proposed 610cc twin cylinder engine.

No doubt that the CS400 would be quicker, and feel less harsher than any RE available right now. Also no doubts that the CS400 would be better kitted, with ABS, dual digital display, Fuel Injection, LED lighting ( at least for the rear end )
The major drawback I can see for the CS400 is that Bajaj is generally never associated with long lasting bikes that you can retain for more than a decade.
Old 12th April 2016, 16:21   #97
BHPian

As per Ruslane's report, Bajaj will launch the CS400 before the end of June 2016. The CS400 is expected to come with LED headlight cluster with pilot lights integrated in it, front and rear disc brakes (hopefully, with ABS as option), digital instrument console, etc.
Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-bajajpulsar400csindialaunchin2016.jpg
Quote:
Rushlane has learnt that the Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 is fully ready to be launched anytime now. Our sources say that testing has been completed (product specifications and calibrations have been finalized) and the launch should happen before the end of June.

Previewed as the near-production concept at 2014 Auto Expo, the CS (Cruising Sports) 400 was recently spotted in Pune with camouflage. The motorcycle aims to be a long distance tourer with a relaxed riding posture, comfortable seats and a big-bike like styling.
The powertrain is expected to be closely related to the KTM's 373.2 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine but the Pulsar CS 400 would employ Bajaj's patented triple-spark technology. The motor will be mated to a 6-speed transmission.

The Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 would offer an LED headlamp cluster with integrated pilot lamps, meaty tyres, front and rear disc brakes (like with optional ABS), digital instrument console with an auxiliary fuel-tank mounted display, etc. The motorcycle is estimated to be priced at around INR 1.8 lakhs (ex-showroom). That would make it a viable alternative to the Mahindra Mojo and Royal Enfield Himalayan.
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/scoop-bajaj...-12193825.html

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 12th April 2016 at 16:26.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

One more Spy Shot of the CS400.
  • Our "Desi Diavel" is Looking Good I'll say... even with conventional front forks.
  • ABS present
  • Headlamp looks watered down from the concept shown.. but still pretty much OK

Last edited by payeng : 14th April 2016 at 12:38.
Old 14th April 2016, 14:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj CS 400 is being tested for a long time. I was in Pune in year 2014 (Mid of the year). I had seen very Fast moving faired Bike which looked like SS400 and almost fast Naked bike along side a KTM.

I will be happy to buy a CS400, at-least Mrs. will have a comfortable sitting position.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 15:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Bajaj has retained most of the styling cues from the CS400 Concept, a big round of for that.

Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-bajajpulsarcs400spied810x540.jpg

Bike looks amazing, and is also making me forgive Bajaj for all their recent mess up with VW, and then with NCAP authorities. This or the next Gen RE Classic would replace my CBR250R this festive season.

PS: LED headlamps looks real hot and unique, but what about their throw and spread? and what about the oncoming traffic?

Link: https://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-pulsa...-12193937.html
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:33   #101
BHPian

What powertrain would Bajaj employ? would it be a straight lift from the KTM 390 or is it going to be something home grown?
According to the info online, they would have their triple spark plug technology on this engine, How different would this be to the 390 engine?
If its the sports cruiser category that they want to target, then the engine has to have an healthy torque curve and around 40 odd vibe free horses.
Old 14th April 2016, 17:59   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
According to the info online, they would have their triple spark plug technology on this engine, How different would this be to the 390 engine?
All the info from the net / blogs are just "speculations".

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
If its the sports cruiser category that they want to target, then the engine has to have an healthy torque curve and around 40 odd vibe free horses.
"Vibes" and "Smoothness" doesn't seem to matter at all it comes to the popularity of a Bike.

Case in point:
Success of the "Vibey" Royal Enfields and the TVS Apache's

Dismal performance of the "Butter Smooth" Suzuki Inazuma, Honda Trigger/Unicorn 160, Suzuki GS 150R, Hero Hunk/Achiever/Xtreme

Last edited by payeng : 14th April 2016 at 18:16.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
"Vibes" and "Smoothness" doesn't seem to matter at all it comes to the popularity of a Bike.

Case in point:
Success of the "Vibey" Royal Enfields and the TVS Apache's

Dismal performance of the "Butter Smooth" Suzuki Inazuma, Honda Trigger/Unicorn 160, Suzuki GS 150R, Hero Hunk/Achiever/Xtreme
Agreed but the Indian Biking scene is evolving and is much informed now. The times are changing. Hopefully for the good.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:19   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Agreed but the Indian Biking scene is evolving and is much informed now. The times are changing. Hopefully for the good.
Don't really think so:The Harleys are a Global Phenomenon with their Air Cooled V Twins with their Characteristic "Vibes".

According to me "Vibes" and "Smoothness" is talked about mostly for Sharing "Gyan" purpose, but when it comes to appealing the customers.. it (or lack of it) doesn't seen to matter a bit.

To many "Vibes" actually gives "Character".

Last edited by payeng : 14th April 2016 at 18:25.
Old 14th April 2016, 22:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

A small amount of vibes do add a lot of character to biking. This I realized after a riding weekend, where me and my best friend hired a Harley and a Continental GT. The Harley was smooth and fast - but felt scooter-like. The GT still lingers in the memory.

That said, we know that the KTM 390's engine is a smooth one, and going by what Bajaj did to KTM's 200cc engine to adapt for their Pulsars, I guess the CS400 would have a smooth, relaxed engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks