Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 17:41   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Quote:
The fact that the rider has to take his eyes off the road to look at the tank just to know his speed is something I would be very worried about.
One should never know the speed by looking at the speedo. Unless you want it for satisfaction i dont really see any need to look at the speed while riding specially in India. There are more distractions to worry about and riding with the traffic in speed restricted area anyway saves you while on highway riding at speed that is safe and comfortable is by feeling than simple needle indicator. Thats my philosophy while riding and hardly could care about speedo meter. I think the secondary display is probably good for a camera mounted on the tank
Old 10th June 2016, 20:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
The fact that the rider has to take his eyes off the road to look at the tank just to know his speed is something I would be very worried about.
Well even in the case of the conventional Speedo Position, the rider would have to take his/her eyes off the road to glance at the Speedo...

.. unless of course there is an "Iron Man Style HUD" on the Helmet Face Shield of the rider

Honestly, I don't think that there would be loss of any potential customer just because of the Tank positioned Speedo display.

Old 13th June 2016, 06:28   #153
BHPian

According to Overdrive the CS400 will be launched in August 2016
http://m.overdrive.in/news/preview-b...cles-in-india/
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 08:45   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
According to Overdrive the CS400 will be launched in August 2016
http://m.overdrive.in/news/preview-b...cles-in-india/
The media manager for the Pulsar Range , happens to be a close friend . And the news that you've provided ( or Overdrive has provided ) about the August release , is completely true .

The bike will be revealed in August .
gautamkhadse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 10:40   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

The speedo on the tank is such a bummer. I hope that is a secondary display and the primary one is still the one at conventional location. If the speed display is only on the tank then it is a very bad design
Old 15th June 2016, 22:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

A thought just crossed my mind..

how about two variants? a 250 cc and a 375 cc?

Bajaj / KTM already has a 250 Duke and RC model (thats based on the 375 cc platform) thats for sale in some Export markets.

A CS250 might be a good option to have along with the CS400.. makes good business sense as well according to me

Last edited by payeng : 15th June 2016 at 22:28.
Old 16th June 2016, 11:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Throw a tank bag in the mix and its pretty much useless

The above pic has me worried. I would have thought this secondary screen would should some pretty rudimentary stuff like gear, blinker on lights, high beam indicator and maybe some standard warning lights we see during start up

Putting a speedo there is a mistake IMO
On the contrary it is perfect. For anyone who has done high speed riding, crouched on the tank, the speedo is right in profile. Should be interesting.
Old 18th June 2016, 16:42   #158
BHPian

My first ever post on Team-BHP

There is a video surfaced on the internet that gives us a slight hint of the exhaust note of Pulsar CS400. At 0:18 seconds, you get to hear a notch of CS400 and at 0:46 seconds when the pulsar overtakes the dude's R15, you catch the exhaust note. You may need to listen to it carefully as R15 sound is constant.
Here is the link:

About the tank cover for the bike, I am sure that the cover manufacturers are smart enough and they will carve out a tank cover specially for CS400 which will have space to let the speedometer show. We can trust on them
driverabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:05   #159
Senior - BHPian

Another Video. She sure can move.

Old 21st June 2016, 20:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

The CS probably might turn out to be the true alternative to the Royal Enfields
Old 21st June 2016, 20:53   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The CS probably might turn out to be the true alternative to the Royal Enfields

There will never be an alternative to the RE clan. Given the cult following of RE and also keeping in mind that buying an RE is almost always going to be a decision of the heart, there can never be an alternative.
praful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 21:57   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
There will never be an alternative to the RE clan. Given the cult following of RE and also keeping in mind that buying an RE is almost always going to be a decision of the heart, there can never be an alternative.
RE is what it is also because of lack of an (manly) alternative...

My brother the other day summed it perfectly when he said the only option within 1-2 lakhs for a bike with a mature/manly "poser appeal" is just the RE's

the Yamaha's, the Honda's, the KTM's are mechanically superior.. but they appeal to Boys and doesn't have the "Manly aura"

The CS400 looks MANLY enough (in photos) to me.. and apart from ABS it will at least have TUBELESS TYRES

Last edited by payeng : 21st June 2016 at 21:59.
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:22   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The CS400 looks MANLY enough (in photos) to me.. and apart from ABS it will at least have TUBELESS TYRES
I think in that so called 'manly' department, the only competition to the RE is the from the Triumph Bonnie's, HD's and the like.

The CS400 though a bigger size Pulsar, still will be 'colorful', 'plasticky' & 'toyish' for the junta whom manliness is a deciding quotient.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think in that so called 'manly' department, the only competition to the RE is the from the Triumph Bonnie's, HD's and the like. The CS400 though a bigger size Pulsar, still will be 'colorful', 'plasticky' & 'toyish' for the junta whom manliness is a deciding quotient.
When i was walking and saw the first cycle i felt owning a cycle was manly. Then it was TVS 50 and then a hero honda splendor(red color) which led to a Enticer(after watching the Terminator), then 11 months down picked a 500cc bullet. I thought i was manly enough only to get a KTM 390 and even had my hands on a year on R6 and Fz6R. I still own my 500cc but i am already wanting something that is light, nimble, enormous value for money and still help me cover distance in much better average time.

I dont know what to say, it makes absolutely no sense to objectively say one bike is manly over the other. I still think walking is Manly
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:37   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RE is what it is also because of lack of an (manly) alternative...

My brother the other day summed it perfectly when he said the only option within 1-2 lakhs for a bike with a mature/manly "poser appeal" is just the RE's

the Yamaha's, the Honda's, the KTM's are mechanically superior.. but they appeal to Boys and doesn't have the "Manly aura"

Isn't it a sad reflection on today's society that a man has to find 'manliness' in his possession like a car or a bike? Alone and without his accessories may be one doesn't feel 'manly' enough...reminds me of an incident. a so called manly man was driving a Scorpio in the manliest and rashest manner possible, cutting left and right, bullying vehicles and showing people the middle finger when challenged. The plot was lost when he banged a scooterist and the scooterist and his well wishers stopped the Scorpio and pulled out the 'manly man' Out of his car he shrunk into a bald, potbellied, weak limbed 5.3 inches middle aged office goer who was slapped around soundly and who was begging and pleading with his hands folded that he was late to office. So much for manufactured manliness
apachelongbow is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks