Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 18:17   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Those LED headlamps looks like to be multiple units. Let us hope the illumination is more than adequate . Because, unlike halogens , we do not have an option of upgrading the bulbs to better ones aftermarket.
You do. They are called Cyclops. H4 and H7 available giving you between 3200 and 3800 lumens.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:39   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Is that a split dash (refer to the screen on the tank)? Looks slick, but might not be very useful when someone throws a tank bag over it

Am a tad disappointed that the pillion seat is an afterthought. Slightly better than the Duke but an afterthought nonetheless

What price do the folks here speculate? The RS 2/00 retails for around 1.5 lac OTR delhi. This would be 1.75? Can it be bettered?

So this, or the Katoom 390 for 25 odd k more? If nothing else, the latter had much better equipment. USD forks, should be lighter than the Bajaj, Sticky Metz (The Bajaj seems to be shod with MRFs) for me make the Katoom a no brainer. But that's keeping in mind the speculated 1.75 price. But any lower and then they cannibalize the RS 200, don't they? I have a feeling that its the pricing strategy, not product development that has held off the launch thus far
Old 8th June 2016, 20:14   #138
Senior - BHPian

KTM's for me is too Teen/Young blood stuff.. its a hoot to ride but i think i have crossed that stage

this one -CS400 looks just right
Old 8th June 2016, 20:24   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

For me if the basics are right - Stability, braking, cornering , all other stuff can be compromised/corrected upon. Bad tyres are not a big deal. Can be replaced with sticky Michelin aftermarket.

If its priced around 2L to 2.5L ex-showroom, my money is on it!
Old 8th June 2016, 23:03   #140
BHPian

Well the tank display is very fancy looking and all but won't there be water collected there when it rains? Will the display be visible then?

Nevertheless the bike still is a looker even without the USD's and personally i don't really care about the LED headlights. Halogens will do just fine, projectors would be nice but what i am interested in is ride comfort, handling and sound i.e. exhaust note.
Old 8th June 2016, 23:09   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Halogens will do just fine, projectors would be nice
Are you planning for city use? Or highway rides? It's always better to have the best lighting setup for highway runs.

Halogens and projectors can't come close to an LED based setup, provided they have properly implemented the same.
Old 8th June 2016, 23:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are you planning for city use? Or highway rides? It's always better to have the best lighting setup for highway runs.

Halogens and projectors can't come close to an LED based setup, provided they have properly implemented the same.
This will be my weekend ride only! I should clarify my last bike was/is the P180 brought in 2003. I eventually gave it away to a friend after i moved on to cars. Well its been over 10 years and 4 cars later I happened to ask my friend about the bike and he said he still has it but not using it, so its back with me again! The CS400 looks like a nice intermediate bike before i move on to higher capacity ones.

So to answer your question I doubt that I will ride it much at night hence LED or halogens anything is fine by me.
Old 8th June 2016, 23:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that a typo bud? there is no way Bajaj will / can price this above the Katoom
Old 9th June 2016, 06:02   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Is that a typo bud? there is no way Bajaj will / can price this above the Katoom
My bad. I meant OTR.

How much is a 390 katoom OTR price?
Old 9th June 2016, 09:56   #145
BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I meant OTR.

How much is a 390 katoom OTR price?
In Bangalore a D390 costs about 2.3L OTR. So the CS400 will definitely be lesser than that. I expect a pricing of about 2-2.1L OTR.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me if the basics are right - Stability, braking, cornering , all other stuff can be compromised/corrected upon. Bad tyres are not a big deal. Can be replaced with sticky Michelin aftermarket.

Bad tyres no big deal yet pricing over the KTM 390 makes no sense to buy this bike over the 390.This will be priced at least 15K below 390 if they plan to sell. My expectation is around 2L on road. 2.2 is the price of 390 in chennai and 2.4 for the RC 390.

The tyres on the bike looks like MRF but i may be wrong and they will make it more durable compromising on the stickiness of say the Met Z.

But if we think long term, may be this will be priced around the KTM 390 for the newer platform and version the 390 will go up in cost in reality. From 2.2 except the newer version to be around 2.75 on road considering the N300 is way above these numbers. I expect price increase for KTM series after the launch of the Bajaj 400's and when the newer version of KTM gets into production.

They are timing this to fill the gap between last KTM 390 current platform vs new platform KTM

Last edited by VW2010 : 9th June 2016 at 10:16.
Old 9th June 2016, 22:26   #147
Senior - BHPian

CS400 video captured doing 100 plus kph on the highway

payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 15:47   #148
BHPian

This is one bike for which even I have been waiting ever since it was showcased at the auto expo. I'm not someone who would be hitting the tracks so a ninja or an R3 did not make any sense for me. Nor did I like the bulky SS200. CBR250 was a dated design and all hopes of the updated CBR300 were lost after the so called stupid Rev-Fest that Honda ran last year. The KTMs though good did not go down well with the better half due to lack of proper rear seats.
However, I was recently considering the CBR250 once again due to a lack of options in the segment. This news will definitely put those plans on hold once again and hopefully, for good this time around.
Bring it on Bajaj. Price this around 1.8-1.9L ex-showroom and I might just get to hit the Bajaj showroom to put my money in.
To all those who are looking at the instrument cluster, have a look at the below picture. The one on the fuel tank would not be a secondary instrument cluster. It would display the speed and the current gear. The main instrument cluster would display the other details. I doubt how readable this would be while riding.
Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars -  SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)-bajajpulsar400csatdelhiautoexpo16.jpg
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 16:19   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
I doubt how readable this would be while riding.
Attachment 1516367
Spot on. I am not a fan of this setup which debuted on the Diavel. The fact that the rider has to take his eyes off the road to look at the tank just to know his speed is something I would be very worried about.
Old 10th June 2016, 17:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Spot on. I am not a fan of this setup which debuted on the Diavel. The fact that the rider has to take his eyes off the road to look at the tank just to know his speed is something I would be very worried about.
Throw a tank bag in the mix and its pretty much useless

The above pic has me worried. I would have thought this secondary screen would should some pretty rudimentary stuff like gear, blinker on lights, high beam indicator and maybe some standard warning lights we see during start up

Putting a speedo there is a mistake IMO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed