Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Gen Bajaj Pulsars - SS400 & CS400 (rechristened as Dominar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Dont compare it with 390 for various reasons. The pulsar will have bigger tank, slightly tuned for fuel efficiency engine, better rear seats and the usual pulsar love. The 390 will continue to be light, nimble single riding, 10L tank horse that will still attract maniacs like me
Not comparing the bikes, they are both very different in nature. If my pillion seat was not permanently taken, I wouldn't have thought twice before picking up the 390.

I just hope on the performance front it isn't too far behind and I hope Bajaj has made improvements in terms of component quality over the last 9 years.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:00   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Not comparing the bikes, they are both very different in nature. If my pillion seat was not permanently taken, I wouldn't have thought twice before picking up the 390.

I just hope on the performance front it isn't too far behind and I hope Bajaj has made improvements in terms of component quality over the last 9 years.
That is exactly what I am waiting to know about the CS400.

Rather than Enfield vs CS, I actually am curious to know KTM Duke 390 vs Cs 400.

The NS200 somewhat relates here. When the NS came out it was the most VFM product and in a lot of ways similar yet different to the D200. They learnt so much from the KTM and gave us an excellent and refined product at such a ridiculous price.

ABS on the RS200 is a testament to Bajaj that they are really doing their homework and catering to the niche segment of buyers at amazing prices.

Hence going by this theory, Bajaj would come out with mouth watering pricing on the CS too.

So if all the plus points of a Duke 390 (like the engine performance) and ironing out the minus points (like the pillion seat as mentioned above as an example) they sure have a winner.

A replacement to Enfield or any other bike - I am not so sure about this but a sure shot hit - the CS 400 surely would be.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:36   #183
Team-BHP Support

Usually a thread comes alive close to the launch date. I was so happy seeing the huge number of posts in the thread over the past two days. A little disappointed that it's the casual mention of the Bullet in one post that triggered all these responses.

That said, all these bikes fall into different segments. I believe Mahindra Mojo and Benelli TNT 300 (although a twin and more exotic) are the ones targeting the same audience as the CS400.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:44   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That said, all these bikes fall into different segments. I believe Mahindra Mojo and Benelli TNT 300 (although a twin and more exotic) are the ones targeting the same audience as the CS400.
With CS400, I wonder how Mojo would be able to find owners. It is sad for an honest homegrown effort from Mahindra to find itself positioned against CS400 which will be more powerful, better equipped (ABS) and hopefully significantly cheaper.

That being said, CS400 is great for someone wanting a sober alternative to D390. No harm in having more options to choose from!
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:30   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quoting Business Standard:

Rajiv Bajaj, managing director, Bajaj Auto, said, "Definitely. Every mature segment becomes a two-horse race eventually in any given market. The entire market is monopolised today by one person (Royal Enfield).... there is room for a second person. We can create a brand for that space. I am sure everyone else is thinking about it. The success of Royal Enfield is not lost out on anyone."

"... Royal Enfield has created a huge space for itself in the 350-500cc segment. I'm sure there are at least six manufacturers who are asking themselves 'what should we do about it'. There is chance, in my opinion, for only one."

Source: Business Standard

Mojo, Benelli and even KTM volumes are nothing compared to what Royal Enfield has been selling in the last few years. Multiplied by the price point (1.0 - 2.0 Lakh) at which they are selling, it would be any businessman's dream to steal a share of those numbers at a similar price point.

With the CS. Mr. Bajaj would be eyeing the Royal Enfield numbers.. Knowing Mr. Bajaj, Mojo or Benelli numbers are just not insignificant to interest him.

Last edited by payeng : 23rd June 2016 at 16:36.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:55   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Mojo, Benelli and even KTM volumes are nothing compared to what Royal Enfield has been selling in the last few years. Multiplied by the price point (1.0 - 2.0 Lakh) at which they are selling, it would be any businessman's dream to steal a share of those numbers at a similar price point.
Even though IF Bajaj manages to pull this off with CS400 I am not sure whether it will affect RE's market share. As many have pointed out RE and CS400 appeals to different buyer segments in different ways. This is exactly the reason why RE sales have remained unchallenged. If Bajaj with their CS400 manages to break the monopoly of RE then its good for the competition.

Another worry is that one can just hope and pray that CS400 doesn't become a sales dud like NS200, AS200 and RS200 after the initial hoopla.

Source
http://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-pulsar...-12159143.html

http://www.bikewale.com/news/23570-b...-strategy.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/bajaj-pulsa...pproach-680674

https://www.motorbeam.com/2016/05/bi...-match-demand/

Last edited by navin_v8 : 23rd June 2016 at 17:57.
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:03   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Mods Pardon me for going off Topic, didn't anyone else notice the other bike with the CS400 test bike? It doesn't look like another CS400 to me, as it appears to have a fairing and the taillamp definitely does not look to be from a Pulsar sibling. Does anyone know which bike it is?
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:08   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Mods Pardon me for going off Topic, didn't anyone else notice the other bike with the CS400 test bike? It doesn't look like another CS400 to me, as it appears to have a fairing and the taillamp definitely does not look to be from a Pulsar sibling. Does anyone know which bike it is?
Its the Kawasaki Versys 650. I assume this belongs to one of the bike designers at BAL.

Last edited by praful : 23rd June 2016 at 18:12.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 22:56   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the Kawasaki Versys 650.

I assume this belongs to one of the bike designers at BAL.
Yep looks like it was that guy
.. so you know him as well eh?
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:17   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep looks like it was that guy
.. so you know him as well eh?
Don't know him per say, just connected the dots because of a some stuff I've seen across different social media platforms.

So has there been any confirmed news on whether this bike will be FI or Carb'd ?

Or will it follow the 200RS format of triple spark + FI ?
Old 25th June 2016, 16:54   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I am not sure whether it will affect RE's market share.
RE is a totally different market game. It's selling not because the lack of superior technology in that price point, but coz of the niche segment. Pulsar never gonna be in that segment, like you already said. And CS400 is more or less confirmed for production, so there's no doubt BAL will be able to pull this off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Another worry is that one can just hope and pray that CS400 doesn't become a sales dud like NS200, AS200 and RS200
Well when you sell a bike costing a lakhs plus, u don't expect to sell in lakhs. 30k in 4 months is pretty good. I still feel stopping ns200( temporarily) is a bad decision, it was quite popular among the blokes. While these bike might not have achieved sales target. By no means is it a sales dud. And whatever number of units these bike sold, there is no denying they are pretty capable bikes. That's all a biker needs to worry, what does it matter if it sold 10k or 100k. Except of course the availability of parts, but pulsar as a brand is nowhere near its end, so parts isn't also going to be that a huge problem.

Last edited by Arvin_86 : 25th June 2016 at 16:56.
Old 26th June 2016, 09:59   #192
Senior - BHPian

RE is in the nostalgia game, however they too realise that the cow is too old to milk and have upped their game and we should see new non thumper bikes from them soon. Speaking of the thumper game, Bajaj almost gave them a scare when they launched the original Caliber motorcycle and the bike pretty soon became a popular, cheaper alternative to a thumper from RE, with better quality and fuel economy. If Bajaj wants they can get a Kawasaki based thumper in the 300-600 range and kill RE. As is RE can't make rust free bikes even in 2016.
Old 26th June 2016, 14:35   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

So has there been any confirmed news on whether this bike will be FI or Carb'd ?

Or will it follow the 200RS format of triple spark + FI ?
200RS is triple spark plus carb. 400CS will also be the same.
Old 26th June 2016, 14:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
200RS is triple spark plus carb. 400CS will also be the same.
Correction: RS200 has come equipped with Fi (not carb) from day one.

Last edited by payeng : 26th June 2016 at 15:00.
Old 27th June 2016, 12:16   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Correction: RS200 has come equipped with Fi (not carb) from day one.
Thanks for the correction. I got confused between NS and RS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks