Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:37   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Jay,
Thanks for the reply. Its a exhaust cam failure and i we have seen appropriate oil circulation. (me and Nanadan)

Yes i do have lot of tappet noise.

Tappets and guides were replaced both the time

Very often i do chek the oil level and some time i open tappet cover and look at oil flow. Is there any thing else i need to check. Oil flow is good at Banjo nuts.

Can i have some contact \ mechanic who can do this for me in Bangalore.

Thanks again
Mohan.G
Mohan,

Tappet(lifter/pushrod) noise is different from the cam noise. Cam noise is the noise due to the teeth of the cams not meshing properly. This results in the cam teeth chattering and hence the noise. Cam noise sound like tak-tak-tak. Tappet noise is more like a clatter that is generic to diesel engines. some amount of tappet noise will always exist, especially on AVL engines as the expansion of the aluminum barrel results in the pushrod clearances increasing on a hot engine. This naturally translates into more clatter(generally called tappet noise).

About the dial gauge thing, if Nandan cannot do it, honestly I don't think any mechanic would be capable/willing to rig up one and check your timing pinion's eccentricity or the lack of it. The other person whom I know can do the job is Ron Chinoy but he doesn't work on Bullets. I suggest you to continue riding. If your cam wears out once again, a full strip down to fix things will be necessary. For now, don't worry about that happening because in Bullets the idea is to not fix things that aren't broke. Just go out and ride.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:00   #152

Hi,am the person which you had met near Manyata Tech Park.The Mech's name is Moin and his garage name is "Khasim" which is on the Ring Road itself.He also has another garage on Dinnur Main road where his Bro "Naim" is there.Please feel free to contact me on 9036408872
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:51   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
Hi,am the person which you had met near Manyata Tech Park.The Mech's name is Moin and his garage name is "Khasim" which is on the Ring Road itself.He also has another garage on Dinnur Main road where his Bro "Naim" is there.Please feel free to contact me on 9036408872
I'd suggest not to go there at all! Moin doesn't know a thing, nayeem knows but off late he has been pretty bad! was going to him for more than two yrs till i found out that i was in the garage each day with some or the other problem.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:30   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
I'd suggest not to go there at all! Moin doesn't know a thing, nayeem knows but off late he has been pretty bad! was going to him for more than two yrs till i found out that i was in the garage each day with some or the other problem.
+1 to that.
In case, you can ride downtown to Chamrajpet, I can give you one of the oldest and best CI mechanics in Blore. I go to him to watch and get my work done regularly. He not only is a very good worker but also a cost effective one as well.
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:10   #155

I've never had issues with him till now.Lets c ......
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:34   #156
BHPian

Just wanted to check for a good Mechanic in around Chandigarh/Mohali. Anyone help would be of great help for me, as i need to get my Disc issue fixed this weekend.

Thanks,
Tarun Madhok
Old 14th July 2010, 18:53   #157
BHPian

Mechanics in Gurgaon

I recently shifted to Gurgaon and need a decent royal enfield mechanic / garage. I remeber I found a thread on that somewher but cannot locate it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 18th July 2010, 21:02   #158
kph
BHPian

Antony's phone no.

If anyone has Antony's no. please pm or mail.
(Antony- Bullet mechanic at santacruz, Mumbai)

Thanks
Old 18th July 2010, 23:40   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
sorry, i dont get u, wht do u mean by xbh guys, whr do i find them?
xbhp is a Indian bike only forum

xBhp.com: For Bikers by Bikers

but no other forum has info on bullet like Motorbikes - Team-BHP.

Last edited by jeepster : 18th July 2010 at 23:44.
Old 5th August 2010, 18:18   #160
BHPian

Good Bullet mechanic in Cochin?

I rode down to Cochin from Pune on my 1978 Bullet without any issues. But once I reached Cochin, where I will be staying for just three more days, I found that the mudguard is touching the front wheel and the front fork oil seal and suspension has gone for a toss -- thanks to the messed up roads in Kerala. Guys do you know any good Bullet mechanic in Cochin who can get my baby back in shape quickly.
Old 6th August 2010, 00:54   #161
BHPian

It might help if you specify where you're staying. For minor work I used to take my Bullet to Pradeep, who has a shop facing the railway tracks next to the KSRTC bus station. I hear there's a good mechanic near Edappally as well but I've forgotten the name. I'm sure someone else will know. It's been many years since I lived in Cochin.
Old 6th August 2010, 01:34   #162
Senior - BHPian

There is an Enfield company show room and service station near edappally toll (the junction just before the edapally bye pass)
Old 6th August 2010, 08:14   #163
BHPian

This Pradeep @ Chitoor road (KSRTC stand); I have heard good things about him. He is supposed to be a honest chap and very reasonable one at that.

If I remember right, then Joy/Jose is the one at Edapally. There is an old garage on the Aluva road, where most of the Cochin Bullet club members get their bikes worked upon. It is close to the RE service centre St.Marys.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:18   #164
Senior - BHPian

There is a very good bullet mechanic in Trpunithura North Fort gate junction by name Thomas. he could fix your problem nicely.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:43   #165
BHPian

There is a bullet mechanic in paradise road,Vyttila.cochin.A reasonable old person,with great skills.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks