Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:00   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitroy View Post
If you are ok with an aggressive seating and a super sport kind of performance go for the RC 390. I had booked a RR 310 and was absolutely dismayed with the way they were dealing. No clear information, no test ride and no clarity. I cancelled my booking of the RR 310 went to KTM and got delivery in flat 3 days. Picked my RC 390 yesterday. However, if you are looking for a bike for daily commute in traffic etc the RC 390 may not be the best option. In terms of sheer power and handling the RC is the best in this price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
It is the same problem that I am facing right now, I am unable to get hold of a test ride bike. But then again the dealership has been treating me good and that is the only reason I'm still sticking on to my booking. Also most of my rides are going to be within the city, highway rides are quite rare and well I suppose the RR310 has enough grunt for a highway spin too. Although I can't be too sure until I ride both the bikes back to back, it is down to personal preference after all. Let's just hope that TVS buckles up and starts taking our demands more seriously.
Blaming the dealers is logical, but don't think they are much on fault here. TVS itself is not feeding enough information, for them to answer our queries. It's like they are sitting in the battlefield with no ammunition(No bikes in this case). I have been told the situation will become much better in next few weeks.

Regarding the TD vehicle, i think the fact that even my bike is not registered yet(after a week), they might be facing similar issue with a TD vechile. Other point can be there are people who are ready to pick the bike without a Test drive(points a big finger at himself), dealers are more inclined to sell it to a waiting customer in this case. They might lose a prospective booking, but at least they ended up delivering the bike to some one who has been waiting for couple of months already. It's a catch 22 situation for them too, if i was the dealer i would have definitely kept one bike for test drive, pity not everyone thinks the same way.

Regarding your requirement of majority of driving in city, please stick to RR310, having ridden both the bikes, RR310 will serve you much better in long run. It does 0-100 effortlessly in 3rd gear, so you have more then enough grunt for your occasional highway rides too.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:27   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It does 0-100 effortlessly in 3rd gear, so you have more then enough grunt for your occasional highway rides too.
You mean it hits the 100 kmph mark in third gear? Because 0-100 in 3rd gear is impossible.
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:31   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
You mean it hits the 100 kmph mark in third gear? Because 0-100 in 3rd gear is impossible.
Oh yes, that is what i meant. Thanks for correcting
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:49   #364
OSH
BHPian

Autocar's review of the KTM RC 390 v/s TVS Apache RR 310:

TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-imageresizer6.jpg
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-imageresizer7.jpg

Source : Autocar India

Mod note: Please do not copy paste entire articles from third party websites / magazines. If you must, please share a small but relevant excerpt and provide link to the original article.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd February 2018 at 14:22.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:02   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Blaming the dealers is logical, but don't think they are much on fault here. TVS itself is not feeding enough information, for them to answer our queries. It's like they are sitting in the battlefield with no ammunition(No bikes in this case). I have been told the situation will become much better in next few weeks.
Oh, if you read my post properly you'd see that I wasn't blaming the dealer and it was quite the opposite. I'd rather put the blame on TVS for not sending in enough bikes. And yes, RR310 is definitely the more practical option based on all reviews and opinions but then I am definitely not going to buy the bike without a test ride, I would rather wait than jump the gun.
BlazzingInferno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:59   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Autocar's review of the KTM RC 390 v/s TVS Apache RR 310:

[

]
That is a good article! Specially the verdict. It was what exactly made me go for the RC 390.

And I was surprised he has told that RC vibrates lesser than RR310. Oh TVS, that is a bad thing, but I should admit 2017 RC is a lot more refined than the wilder old ktms.

Only part of article I would disagree is handling part. He has specified that one needs to be experienced to throw RC into tight corners at speed. Come on, of all bikes I have ridden, RC is the most beginner friendly when it comes to corners. It accomodates errors and helps you correct it without low siding/high siding.

Anyways I need to ride RR310 aggressively around corners to understand what he is trying to imply.

PS: Extremely impressed with RR's fuel efficiency figure. I also have a feeling that all these comparos will increase sales of both the bikes.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 2nd February 2018 at 15:05.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:14   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I was surprised he has told that RC vibrates lesser than RR310. Oh TVS, that is a bad thing.
And the worrying part is that it is mentioned that it is present at certain points in the power band. The RTR160/180 was notorious in this regard. It was right at the point where you are at comfortable speeds in the city that they were vibrating a lot. Anything below or above and you are good. Hope they have not messed it up this time and the vibrations are higher up the revv range instead of the comfortable cruising speeds!! The RTR200 was much better in this regard and the city riding is a breeze on it with almost zero vibrations at city speeds. Never went beyond on the TD of the bike but felt like a quantum leap compared to the 160/180 twins in the city!
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:58   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
And the worrying part is that it is mentioned that it is present at certain points in the power band. The RTR160/180 was notorious in this regard. !
very true!

I have ridden rtr180 for about 100 km on highways. I just was not able to tolerate it beyond 70 kmph, so much vibes!
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:34   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
Logesh TVS has started delivering bikes, atleast that's what the SA had infomed me a couple of weeks back. They are yet to provide test rides, but then delivery has commenced already. And yes, they do have two bikes on display, both the Black as well as the Red one. You can go over and check it out, they'll even let you start the bike and get a feel of the exhaust note and also check out the seating positions. Just that you can't take it out for a spin, I booked the bike a couple of weeks back and they are yet to provide a test ride of the same. I'm sorta confused between the RC 390 and RR 310 and I was hoping that a back to back test ride would help clear things out but TVS not providing us with a test ride bike is highly annoying. My only consolation is that I'm in no hurry and I can definitely wait till the test ride bike is ready. I for sure won't take delivery of the bike without a test ride.
Logesh TVS had 3 motorcycles on display - 2 Red and a Black. All of the 3, are delivered. The last I heard, they're yet to receive a TR motorcycle; however, I'm given to believe that between SBM and Logesh, they are delivering motorcycles to customers, as and when they're receiving the consignments.
rajaghuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:43   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
And the worrying part is that it is mentioned that it is present at certain points in the power band. The RTR160/180 was notorious in this regard.
Quote:
very true!

I have ridden rtr180 for about 100 km on highways. I just was not able to tolerate it beyond 70 kmph, so much vibes!
Gentlemen, you are being too harsh! The vibes are a feature, not a bug.

When I am riding home on my RTR160 after a long day at work, these vibes are indispensable in giving me a relaxing massage, leaving me refreshed and raring to go to gym after reaching home.

Tsk, tsk, there is just no pleasing some people!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:45   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Tsk, tsk, there is just no pleasing some people!
Good one buddy!! Did not expect the positives of the vibes to be brought up here. But lets hope the RR310 gets better over time and not suffer from the gremlins of the older RTR twins.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:17   #372
Senior - BHPian

Went to Prakurthi TVS, Hebbal today to have a look & if possible to test ride the RR 310.
1 Red & 2 Black RR 310 bikes were on display, not sure if they are really display ones or booked for customers.
The bike is definitely a looker, fit & finish is top notch, ride position is bit sporty with a forward lean (the bike was on paddock, not sure if it is same with bike on road).
Disappointed test ride was not available, they said "next week" and we all know what that means...
What turned me off was the disinterest of the sales folks, couple of them were chatting on the other side of the showroom & they kept chatting despite me walking in, having a look at the bike, trying the seat postion etc.
Finally, I had to walk down to them to ask for a test ride, enquire waiting period etc. Quite pathetic!
Took this opportunity to visit Pacer Yamaha nearby to enquire on the new R3, as soon as I walked in, one salesman got up & walked towards me to ask what I was looking for.
Though he was not sure on the launch date of new R3, he took my no & said he'll contact me once the launch details are confirmed.
Contrasting experience at the 2 dealerships I must say.

Last edited by finneyp : 3rd February 2018 at 13:20.
finneyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:40   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes Prakruthi seems to be very incompetent, my bike was supposed to go for registration yesterday, so I worked from home as I was supposed to take the bike to yeshwantpur rto. I had to keep following up, to be eventually told it will happen today. Same story today, to be told it will happen on Monday.

The dealership is best avoided. Not sure how the service experience will be, if the sales experience is this bad.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 02:18   #374
BHPian

AtheK,

Could you post a picture or whos the company that makes the Bi-LED units? Should be a P/N or name in the lower left or right on each headlight.
Old 5th February 2018, 16:09   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman510 View Post
AtheK,

Could you post a picture or whos the company that makes the Bi-LED units? Should be a P/N or name in the lower left or right on each headlight.
Here you go. I think this is what you are looking for, let me know if something else is required.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-1517827113491.jpg  

TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-1517827125857.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks