Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 12:11   #3451
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Cracking of tyres on the sidewalls is a common sight on a lot of 650s with initial tyre manufacturing dates.

You have 4 options in 18" tyres, (same profile)
- Same Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp - 26-28k for a pair!
- Timsun TS659 (the star shaped tread pattern) - 16.6k for a pair
- Ceat - 8.5k for a pair
- Ralco - even cheaper - Block pattern

Yes, many have fit 140/150 section rear tyres. But if you're not going to use the extra surface to lean your bike then stick to stock profiles.

Next option is to convert to 17" rims/alloys and open up the options for tyres from,
Apollo Alpha series
TVS Protorque
etc.

17" rim/alloy options:
- Meteor rear 17" alloy (direct fit) + Himalayan 17" rear rim (lace the rim on stock front hub)
- Dismo tech 17" rims (need to lace the rims)
- Work on the hub and abs ring of other brand alloys such as Mojo, Duke etc.

Hunt through the forum for experiences of each conversion.

Simplest way is to get Ceat tyres + tubes and get done with it!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
Quick question - any idea if there is any sort of warranty on the tyres of the bike? RE may not have a warranty, but Pirelli should, right? Given that the cracks are on the sidewall, sholdn't it be covered under warranty?
Old 7th March 2022, 15:23   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Along with Ceat, you can also try Ralco Speedblasters. You can search for it on Youtube, couple of owners have given their feedback and it seems they are pretty much happy with it.
Thanks a lot! They also seem rather inexpensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
If its between 1st and 2nd then you start with getting the clutch adjusted. Serious gear box issues generally would be in higher gears.
I haven't really ridden a lot beyond 4th gear because of the ghat roads here. I've also found that even the shifting beyond 3rd gear is smoother than the shifts between gears 1,2 and 3. I'll get it checked at the next service. Thank you so much!
Old 11th March 2022, 07:28   #3453
BHPian

Has anyone here tried fitting LED headlight bulb on their int/conti?
I am considering switching up the bulb to an LED, but I'm not sure about which ones might be compatible.

For example, I found this:
https://www.amazon.in/OTOROYS-H4-Aut...08Y6HGWZ9&th=1

But it's rated at 72W, and I think int requires 55/60W H4. Not sure if this will cause any issues.
Old 11th March 2022, 09:18   #3454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Has anyone here tried fitting LED headlight bulb on their int/conti?
I am considering switching up the bulb to an LED, but I'm not sure about which ones might be compatible
The 72W rated should be for 2 bulbs put together with each of them 36+36

For instance I'm using this from Autobahn on my Inty from day 1 upon recommended by esteemed members in this forum & completely satisfied with the output. I went with Autobahn because they're made/assembled at Coimbatore.

I made a mistake by buying just one instead of 2; I could've used the other one on my CBR as well & regret the decision to have bought just one.

Except the brand, basically all these H4 LED have the same configuration, 36W 4500 Lm for each one & most of them advertised as 72W 9000 Lm for both. I'm assuming these are available as kits (or product as such) to import from China & the folks who import them brand/repackage/assemble & sell them as though they're the manufacturers. So buying any brand is as good as another should be OK I guess.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:03   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The 72W rated should be for 2 bulbs put together with each of them 36+36

For instance I'm using this from Autobahn on my Inty from day 1 upon recommended by esteemed members in this forum & completely satisfied with the output. I went with Autobahn because they're made/assembled at Coimbatore.

I made a mistake by buying just one instead of 2; I could've used the other one on my CBR as well & regret the decision to have bought just one.

Except the brand, basically all these H4 LED have the same configuration, 36W 4500 Lm for each one & most of them advertised as 72W 9000 Lm for both. I'm assuming these are available as kits (or product as such) to import from China & the folks who import them brand/repackage/assemble & sell them as though they're the manufacturers. So buying any brand is as good as another should be OK I guess.
Thank you! Did you order directly from the autobahn website?
Planning to do the same.
Old 11th March 2022, 12:06   #3456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Did you order directly from the autobahn website?
Planning to do the same.
Well I got in touch through Whatsapp & Autobahn provided me the product link for Interceptor that way to be very sure that it will fit 100%. They were quite responsive (not the rapid fire response) via Whatsapp as well.

Name:  WA.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  15.0 KB
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:24   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Well I got in touch through Whatsapp & Autobahn provided me the product link for Interceptor that way to be very sure that it will fit 100%. They were quite responsive (not the rapid fire response) via Whatsapp as well.

Attachment 2283525
Thanks. Did you have to do any adjustments for the beam pattern?
Or it's good enough from the get-go?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 11th March 2022 at 12:41.
Old 11th March 2022, 12:40   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Did you have to do any adjustments for the beam pattern?
Or it's good enough from the get-got?
No adjustment need to be done except for a minor job to cut out the dust cover dia to insert the LED. This video should help you get the job done 100%; one caveat is that, he doesn't show you how to cut the dust cap.

What you need to do is, invert (inside out) the rubber dust cap & then you'll find it easy to chisel out the protrusion to fit the LED H4 bulb

Last edited by aargee : 11th March 2022 at 12:41.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 13:11   #3459
BHPian

I managed to get the outex conversion kit. Now I am in a dilemma to get it installed or not. A lot of mixed reviews and some even opting for way2speed over this.

Anyone in Bangalore recommended a good installer for outex? or should I go ahead with way2speed. I do not want to be stranded while touring on a GT650
CodeEvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 19:04   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get the outex conversion kit. Now I am in a dilemma to get it installed or not. A lot of mixed reviews and some even opting for way2speed over this.

Anyone in Bangalore recommended a good installer for outex? or should I go ahead with way2speed. I do not want to be stranded while touring on a GT650
Outex is one of the best options out there. Its very expensive is secondary, as you already have procured. So please go ahead and try it. Places like indimotards grease house, gear gear motorcycles, art of motorcycles, torq92, and the likes have done many such conversions and are some i can think of. Am sure there are more.

As for being stranded on the road, there is no guarantee with either of these. These are just a means of sealing spokes. I have had issues where after conversion, the air leaks from the side wall. There is nothing much one can do there. Check your tyre side walls as at times, for regular removal for puncture repairs, the tools can damage them. Or if the tyres are too old, get the conversion done when you are planning to change the tyres. Will give better results. More often than not, the outex works fine.
Old 11th March 2022, 19:39   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeEvo View Post

You can check my earlier post in the thread. I bought the way2speed sealant and got it installed locally here in Pune. Has been working fine for more then 2k kms now. Also, had a 1500 km ride on it, no pressure drop at all.
You can even buy your own silicone sealant (even better quality 3M sealant) and get it done.
Outex fails on the front rim very often due to the fact that it is a tape and the front rim width being less, there is not enough surface for it to stick and form an air tight seal. Since you have already bought the outex kit, just go on with it. Incase it fails on any of the wheels, just buy a canister of silicone sealant, remove the outex and get it sealed. In both the cases, since these are "jugaads" its always better to carry a spare tube, which is what I do for long rides outside city.
Checkout below informative video on the topic.

Last edited by ishan12 : 11th March 2022 at 19:43.
Old 12th March 2022, 22:42   #3462

Folks,

Has anyone tried the FuelX (from Racedynamics) for your Interceptor ? Look forward to hear some first hand feedback on this product.
Old 14th March 2022, 08:56   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRPM View Post
Has anyone tried the FuelX (from Racedynamics) for your Interceptor ? Look forward to hear some first hand feedback on this product.
Sir, what is your objective to buy & fit this product in your Interceptor pls?
Old 14th March 2022, 10:33   #3464

Quote:
Sir, what is your objective to buy & fit this product in your Interceptor pls?
Good question. I am looking forward for a smoother ride and a better low-end acceleration and feel. I am currently using a high-flow air filter and a custom exhaust (both from Motowings). Thinking if a better control on the mix can help with an improved riding experience in general. I know that the RD guys claim all these from this product - but does it really deliver it in the real world is what I wanted to understand.
Old 14th March 2022, 11:51   #3465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRPM View Post
Good question. I am looking forward for a smoother ride and a better low-end acceleration and feel...real world is what I wanted to understand.
Quote:
Fitted one to my BS4 and have been out on it today, for about 150 miles. Still early days, but initial impressions are good.
I have other mods (TEC cam, DNA filter cover, booster plug, AI delete, Delkevic downpipe and can and 16T sprocket).
I would say the FuelX works well and does what it advertises, richening up the mixture in the closed loop part of the ECU map. The bike runs smoother, is less prone to snatching at low rpms, and feels more lively throughout.
It now feels like the AF ratio is correct for the engine rather than emissions regs.
Very happy with it.

I had solved starting and starting issues on my bike by fitting the AI delete and booster plug already though, so I'd start there.
This is what the user says from this source

Most Viewed