Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 19:39   #76
BHPian

Count me in. Count me in.
Old 18th February 2009, 10:36   #77
BHPian

Nitroxx.. tht pic in kawasaki dubai showroom is an old one.. coz the blue 250R is with my younger bro. now & they had only 1no. left.. Will post some picture of Duke which was posing on the other side of showroom.. It looks amazing.. but not worth going against mine GSXR 750..

For info. 250R is priced for 22,000 Dirhams on road which almost 285,000 Rs.. Hope bajaj comes up wid sumthng better than this price..
Old 18th February 2009, 17:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
you are right . here in dubai only i used to see more indian bikes.
pulsar, honda uni , etc
i was surprised when i saw a well maintained KB125 near to by building
never saw a well maintained KB125 in india also
ive seen a padmini premier in dubai when i was there last!
Old 18th February 2009, 19:04   #79
BHPian

ya.. there were very few but not seen now.. have seen one blue colour in UAQ Race track.. it was convertable with white interior.. & shocked to see Old mini cooper engine fitted in it.. Wonder wat would b the hp??
Old 29th March 2009, 14:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Any news on when it is coming to india?
Old 29th March 2009, 15:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
you are right . here in dubai only i used to see more indian bikes.
pulsar, honda uni , etc
i was surprised when i saw a well maintained KB125 near to by building
never saw a well maintained KB125 in india also

I have a well maintained KB125..please don't generalise..there are some passionate oweners in India also
Old 30th March 2009, 14:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

I'm itching to buy an entry level sports bike as I cant afford an SBK at least for now.

I'd like to know when does the company plan to launch this bike in india and how much would it priced OTR? any info would be helpful.

On the other hand I'm also considering a used SBK (late 90's) and taking my time to understand the specifics involved as I need one with absolutely clean papers. Dont want to have any hassles with the law.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

kawa has its hands full producing the baby ninja. on my recent visit to US, a local kawa dealer said they cant get enough of these and the next lot has a considerable wait period. either kawasaki may want to use bajaj as their production base to bring up the volumes or they just dont care so we wont know when the ninja will land on the india soil. now beyond this, i dont think anyone has any clue what side the wind will blow.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
kawa has its hands full producing the baby ninja. on my recent visit to US, a local kawa dealer said they cant get enough of these and the next lot has a considerable wait period. either kawasaki may want to use bajaj as their production base to bring up the volumes or they just dont care so we wont know when the ninja will land on the india soil. now beyond this, i dont think anyone has any clue what side the wind will blow.
Nilesh, just curious.Which city were you in? I'm surprised to find that there are very few 2009 Ninjas on the streets here in Houston (and we have close to 9-10 months of summer). A dealer I know said that the demand isn't as much as it used to be for the earlier model. I was also told the Ninja 250 is more popular in certain areas,where you have more twisties and/or city riding being done.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

hey nitin, here in sacramento,ca too there are plenty of 250r, and dealer was saying they have their hands full of orders.

i was expecting some discounts on ninja 250r as i am looking for one, but i will put it on hold, as it has a waiting of 3 weeks and no discounts

either the dealer is doing good business selling ninja's or there is no demand for it at all. going by his word, its doing good.

in my university, i can see plenty of students with 250r and 650r. so it must be doing good atleast here.
Old 31st March 2009, 05:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
hey nitin, here in sacramento,ca too there are plenty of 250r, and dealer was saying they have their hands full of orders.

i was expecting some discounts on ninja 250r as i am looking for one, but i will put it on hold, as it has a waiting of 3 weeks and no discounts

either the dealer is doing good business selling ninja's or there is no demand for it at all. going by his word, its doing good.

in my university, i can see plenty of students with 250r and 650r. so it must be doing good atleast here.
Its the best selling sports bike from Kawasaki in the US by a big margin. None of the other Ninja's are anywhere near. This has been the case since quite a few years now. Even the older version sold like this.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Nilesh, just curious.Which city were you in? I'm surprised to find that there are very few 2009 Ninjas on the streets here in Houston (and we have close to 9-10 months of summer). A dealer I know said that the demand isn't as much as it used to be for the earlier model. I was also told the Ninja 250 is more popular in certain areas,where you have more twisties and/or city riding being done.
@nitin -- My visit was to Bay Area. San Jose to be specific. I've seen quite a few baby ninja's there myself. up close and personal. they are a treat to look at. hard to make out that its a baby for an untrained eye. I've also seen quite many of them on my trip to europe last october. But i've seen enough R125's in europe as well so i guess yam is doing well too. no R125's in US tho...its all ninja there. and some small number of Gt125/250 from hyosung.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that this is a top selling bike in US.

Ahem. back to topic - anyone with confirmed pricing and launch news?
Old 31st March 2009, 16:58   #89
BHPian

well KRP told me its coming as CBU and would cost up of 3l onw! Haven't confirmed this yet but 3l is steep!!
Old 31st March 2009, 17:15   #90
BHPian

No confirmation from folks at Bajaj Pro Biking showrooms, somehow I stopped trusting all sources unless it is directly from the horses mouth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks