Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:07   #346
Senior - BHPian

LOL Sankar I can only see the engine as common with the ZMA & Maybe some part of the frame is common thats all rest all looks non stock, even the kick
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:18   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
LOL Sankar I can only see the engine as common with the ZMA & Maybe some part of the frame is common thats all rest all looks non stock, even the kick
The Kickstarter is karizma's. Tank is Karizma's. Engine is Karizma's and frame is Karizma's. So it's more Karizma than anything else
The Engine and The Frame are two of the most important single parts that determine what a vehicle actually is and in this example both of em are Karizma's.
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:31   #348
Senior - BHPian

Oye the kick looks different & so does the swingarm which is a major part of frame

Btw what mods is that guy running?
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:05   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oye the kick looks different & so does the swingarm which is a major part of frame

Btw what mods is that guy running?
Technically swingarm is a part of suspension, not frame Man the kicker is stock... but bent out of stock
I've got no idea regarding mods.. well it's a Raid Karizma and he has plumped a lot for suspension components, so atleast it might have a cam.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd January 2009 at 19:09.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:41   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
That's more CRF than a Karizma. I read about it in the Bike Magazine The guy even imported a CRF frame to create that. I don't wish to go down that path man. It'll cost a lot of dough.

Here's a pic of a raid Karizma, except the suspension bits it's all Karizma. It belongs to someone i know.

Attachment 92429

Any idea how much did monoshock cost including installation ? [talking about the once in the pic]
and the rear disc brake ?
It really looks killer

Last edited by quadra : 22nd January 2009 at 19:44.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:46   #351
BHPian

Hey sankar, last week I was preparing the karizma for the drag. I wanted to save the weight of the wheels by swapping the alloys to the spoked wheels from the CBZ. I removed the wheels from the CBZ and karizma and was surprised to find that the karizma alloys were much lighter than the CBZ. It was nearly 30% lighter even with a 100/90 tyre. The CBZ had a 3.00 x 18 tyre. So hope this rings a bell in you.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:52   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Any idea how much did monoshock cost including installation ? [talking about the once in the pic]
and the rear disc brake ?
It really looks killer
Close to a lac. I don't have exact figures but it's around the 1 lac mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Hey sankar, last week I was preparing the karizma for the drag. I wanted to save the weight of the wheels by swapping the alloys to the spoked wheels from the CBZ. I removed the wheels from the CBZ and karizma and was surprised to find that the karizma alloys were much lighter than the CBZ. It was nearly 30% lighter even with a 100/90 tyre. The CBZ had a 3.00 x 18 tyre. So hope this rings a bell in you.
Trriing.. yes it did So now i'm caught between performance and ruggedability.

Btw Joel congrats on the win
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:03   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Technically swingarm is a part of suspension, not frame Man the kicker is stock... but bent out of stock
Lol thats true :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
I removed the wheels from the CBZ and karizma and was surprised to find that the karizma alloys were much lighter than the CBZ.
Yes unlike the Pulsar alloys which were rumoured to weigh more than steel rims, the ZMA alloys are actually lighter i.e the way they are expected to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Which win?
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:06   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which win?
In the recent Hyderabad drag.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:09   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Trriing.. yes it did So now i'm caught between performance and ruggedability.

The CBZ wheels will be rugged but will increase the rolling resistance for sure. Else try the wheels off the Honda Unicorn, they should be lighter than the CBZ wheels.
But the big concern again is, you'll not find a disc adapter plate with the same pitch of the karizma. Another downer!

Hey thanks man. Working on an all-out race bike set-up now.

Last edited by fieroid : 22nd January 2009 at 20:15.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
find a disc adapter plate with the same pitch of the karizma. Another downer!
Yes that's what i was really worried about. Most of them use the 6 bolt pattern. Even the CBZ.

In that case i might go for another stock alloy and use a rough road tire (like the Moto C/Secura) with slightly higher profile in the front. Rear will sport a matching tyre.

Most of my rides are not exactly over well paved roads. Even the daily stretch to office is over broken road and god knows how long it will stay that way. So i guess it makes sense to go in for a slightly higher profile rough road tyres.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:32   #357
BHPian

try getting the MRF dirt tyres. Not the C or D. proper competition off roading tyres. U get them at chennai for plenty if you tell them that you are a off-road racer. Its available for peanuts at chennai but everywhere else will cost u twice. Get them on and start drifting and counter-steering
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:39   #358
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joel, which bike R15 or RTR?
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe... proper dirt tyres would be too hardcore for my daily running. Rough road tyres would be sufficient.. decent grip in both road conditions. MRF moto c is pretty good man.. especially in it's 4.25x18 size. I had it on the bullet. C was better than D.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:15   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Joel, which bike R15 or RTR?
None of the above
I won on my Fiero and Karizma. Fiero is an all-out drag bike and was the fastest bike of the day. Well my RTR also took part in a different guise, but my friend rode and came 3rd.
Some pics,
now to avoid confusion...The white bike is the Drag Fiero. Yellow fairing is my RTR and karizma, ofcourse u can make-out.

Hope this does not go off-topic..mods excuse for a while

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd January 2009 at 16:13. Reason: Please host the pics here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks