Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 15:07   #196
BHPian

Nice niceeee, i could feel your excitement over the phone i believe its without catcon i am not sure though.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:17   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Nice! gimme that cat! .BTW ,@sanker : what is the benefit of Long stroke Engines like bullets and ZMA(recently learned) .
Cat? He's a member of the family

Longstroke motors produces torque and power lower down in the rev range. And they don't like to rev out a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
sounds more like a bullet
That's due to the inaccurate sound rendering of the video. Actually it sounds a bit more punchy than what it sounds in the video. I like Bullet's sound anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
ARe you planning to the shield back on(I hope you do )

Any difference in performance?
The stock shield won't fit. I have an Apache RTR shield lying with me. I shall try that. Automech shield is too heavy and i didn't like it.

It would be best if i could adapt the entire shell (golden thingy) of the stock exhaust over Automech pipe.

Performance didn't check yet, it revs freely though. I think i'll have to put 140 mains with this. Now it's on 135.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Nice niceeee, i could feel your excitement over the phone i believe its without catcon i am not sure though.
Rain is being a dampener of my enthusiasm man, it's raining here. Nope there ain't no cat con.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th November 2008 at 17:18.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:39   #198
BHPian

@Sankar

What was the cost of your exhaust pipe? and where did u get it from??

Thanks,
Sai
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:31   #199
Senior - BHPian

Sai, It cost me 4.7 grands.

The exhaust feels great. First lemme remind you people that this is not an out and out top end boosting pipe. This is more of a low to mid pipe and works brilliant in that range. Exhaust note is superb, all of my friends liked it and atlast now i can feel the engine of my bike, never does it get intrusive or irritating, sounds like a refined thumper (Karizma's/CRF230's engine is categorised as a thumper btw). I wish i could lay my hands on a CRF230's running gear Now the bike is on 140 mains and 40 pilots.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:48   #200
BHPian

Jets ??

Running with 140 jets already ? how is it now ? is it very very free revvig when compared to before ? and the golden question milage kitna hai bhai ?

My bike's started to sputter and miss around 7K RPM, guess it needs a carb cleaning it's done just 10,000KM now.Last and final shall i go with the 125 ambition jets on my unicorn with K&N1060, is there any need to fiddle with the needle while i am at it ? would it make any difference if i get a second hand Silencer and take out the Cat converter and install int on my bike?
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:09   #201
Senior - BHPian

Yeah it revs freely to the top, and i have to do a proper run, after the rains, to fine tune the jets. 140 mains is not the final stable jetting, i wish i had a 138 and 142 jets as the next size in my arsenal above 140 is 145 and the size below 140 is 135. I may have to import couple of jets again and this time i will get the adjustable jet needle also.

Can't comment on jet sizes for the Unicon man, starting with the next size is a good bet. If the Uni has 120 mains go for 125, or if it has 115 mains gor with 120 mains, do it the trial and error way. I hope you get the idea. You may/can fiddle with the needle to make the jetting as better as possible. Does the unicorn have an adjustable jet needle? I don't have any idea how much it would improve the performance if take out the cat con. There's a good chance that it might improve a bit.
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:13   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Running with 140 jets already ? how is it now ? is it very very free revvig when compared to before ? and the golden question milage kitna hai bhai ?

My bike's started to sputter and miss around 7K RPM, guess it needs a carb cleaning it's done just 10,000KM now.Last and final shall i go with the 125 ambition jets on my unicorn with K&N1060, is there any need to fiddle with the needle while i am at it ? would it make any difference if i get a second hand Silencer and take out the Cat converter and install int on my bike?
muneem bhai,Why dont you try out the achiever's 119 size jet.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:52   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I wish i could lay my hands on a CRF230's running gear Now the bike is on 140 mains and 40 pilots.
Exhaust sounds a little different under load. I'd say get a pillion to hold the phone on top of the exhaust and do a 0-60 blast...that will give the true feel of the bike.

What running gear are you refering to?
Old 24th November 2008, 00:04   #204
BHPian

sorry for hijacking the thread shankar but what size is the unicorns jet in standard form it's 120 right ? then what's the point in going to a 119 size ?
Old 24th November 2008, 09:34   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
sorry for hijacking the thread shankar but what size is the unicorns jet in standard form it's 120 right ? then what's the point in going to a 119 size ?
Muneem bhai, the Unicorn stock jet used to be 115( verified personally). But i dont know if there is a change in the latest versions.
Old 24th November 2008, 14:29   #206
Senior - BHPian

@muneem, no problem with hijacking I don't know the standard jet sizes of the Unicorn so i can't comment on that.

@Mpower, yeah i hope to get a video of that soon.

The bike was tested briefly in this setup last saturday. It's lovely. The torque low down is very good, but top end poke doesn't feel bad either, did cross 120, but i couldn't top it out as the airport road were full of cops due to a festival. It will be better than the previous setup where i saw the needle almost nearing 140 on the speedo (please excuse the speedo error, i'm not aiming for any land speed record ) without crouching on a level, flat road. My aim in the end is to make this a fast highway mile muncher which can gobble up miles, reliably, with good torque, and at a much faster pace than a stock Karizma.

It's not running rich with 140 mains.
Old 24th November 2008, 14:38   #207
BHPian

The exhaust note is good and the fit/quality of material is also fine. The finish is not upto the mark, need a repainting / powder coating I must say.

Couldn't get a chance to ride as we are having heavy rain almost all day + traffic. But the revving seems bettered, at just a blip of the throttle needle quickly and happily reaches redlines.
Old 27th November 2008, 19:43   #208
Senior - BHPian

Latest upgrade to my Karizma is it's new spark plug. Iridium spark plugs are submerged in controversies and doubts regarding it's advantage over normal plugs. Yesterday our club - Silver Bullets - was contacted by one of NGK's representatives and we were given a demo. NGK representative made it sound convincing and and he gave a nice demo with a small portable spark plug 'sparker' where two plugs were connected and fired simultaneously for a comparison of spark strength. It looked good and the brochure was printed on a nice glossy paper. So i decided to try an iridium plug on my own.

I installed the Iridium plug on my Karizma, i didn't take it for a ride o see how it feels either. But i took two videos which you may be interested in.

Video 1
Stock plug is connected to the plug adapter and engine is cranked. Plug was cleaned of deposits prior to this.

Video2
Equivalent Iridium plug is connected to the plug adapter and engine is cranked. I observed healthier spark with the Iridium spark plug.

The spark plug used is NGK DPR8EIX-9

Last edited by Sankar : 27th November 2008 at 19:46.
Old 27th November 2008, 22:04   #209

i would be really interested in the result of the iridium plug test and have u considered the rev box available for the crf230 engine in uk this box claims to give an extra 2000rpm at the top of the revrange and also claims to change the rev band i think u shud check it out i dont think this wud effect the warranty as well u can find it on ebay uk
Old 27th November 2008, 22:37   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I installed the Iridium plug on my Karizma, i didn't take it for a ride o see how it feels either. But i took two videos which you may be interested in.

Video 1
Stock plug is connected to the plug adapter and engine is cranked. Plug was cleaned of deposits prior to this.

Video2
Equivalent Iridium plug is connected to the plug adapter and engine is cranked. I observed healthier spark with the Iridium spark plug.

The spark plug used is NGK DPR8EIX-9
Good job with the video pal. Hic !

If what I see in that video is true then it should surely make a difference.

Edit: How about a pollution test with NGK and then with stock ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks