Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 13:06   #301
Senior - BHPian

So how many liters per kilometer ? , well let us know when you find out .Sweet carb .
Old 31st December 2008, 07:14   #302
BHPian

Confused...

Hi, I must compliment you, thats one clean bike and all the work you do yourself is very neat.
I read earlier in the thread Joel said that the karizma was jetted rich out of the box,..but yet you made so many changes to the air flow as well as fuel flow of the stock bike. Even if the higher air flow compensated for the higher fuel flow, would it make a large difference as the port velocity would be the same as before. So basically you are stuffing more fuel and air (probably a much richer mixture) at the same rate as you were doing before, into the combustion chamber so does that lead to an increase in power???
And since the exhaust port velocity remains the same, you are giving the mixture(larger and denser) the same amount of time to combust and its not leaving the combustion chamber soon enough, probably resulting in incomplete combustion???
Do check your spark plug condition regularly, what do they indicate???We'd love to see some pics......
By the way are you using NGK Iridium spark plugs they're amazing...
Sorry if I had too many questions but I just didn't get it.....I have a karizma myself and like everyone else am searching for the best way to go faster. I'd really love a theoretical explanation on it......You are obtaining positive results so the equation you are using must be correct...

Cheers,
Pratap
P.S. - Here's a pic of my new camo paint scheme, bet you almost didnt see it....heheh no comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00529.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2009 at 20:25. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read the rules carefully.
pratap007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2008, 14:28   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
So how many liters per kilometer ? , well let us know when you find out .Sweet carb .
Yet to find out man. Since i can only check once the jetting has been sorted out. But not too bad... prolly somewhere around 25 in the current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap007 View Post
Hi, I must compliment you, thats one clean bike and all the work you do yourself is very neat.
I read earlier in the thread Joel said that the karizma was jetted rich out of the box,..but yet you made so many changes to the air flow as well as fuel flow of the stock bike. Even if the higher air flow compensated for the higher fuel flow, would it make a large difference as the port velocity would be the same as before. So basically you are stuffing more fuel and air (probably a much richer mixture) at the same rate as you were doing before, into the combustion chamber so does that lead to an increase in power???
And since the exhaust port velocity remains the same, you are giving the mixture(larger and denser) the same amount of time to combust and its not leaving the combustion chamber soon enough, probably resulting in incomplete combustion???
Do check your spark plug condition regularly, what do they indicate???We'd love to see some pics......
By the way are you using NGK Iridium spark plugs they're amazing...
Sorry if I had too many questions but I just didn't get it.....I have a karizma myself and like everyone else am searching for the best way to go faster. I'd really love a theoretical explanation on it......You are obtaining positive results so the equation you are using must be correct...

Cheers,
Pratap
P.S. - Here's a pic of my new camo paint scheme, bet you almost didnt see it....heheh no comparison.
At sea level stock jetting is not at all rich. I was running the bike on 130 mains and it was almost perfect with a UNI panel filter in the airbox. With the K&N pod a 132 would be ideal as i find the 135 a bit rich. Unfortunately i don't have 132.

TMS32 is oversized for a stock motor. No doubt about that

I did a test run this morning with the TMS32 the top speed has improved slightly (compared to my jetted Keihin) but then bike didn't top out, but the way it reaches there is amazing. Low end is tremendous (pilot is a bit rich even after jetting down from 45 to 30 to 27), throttle response is best described as snappy. It's a bit lean at WOT.

Exhaust velocity might not be the same since i use an aftermarket exhaust pipe.

I have the NGK Iridium Ix on the bike.

Btw nice paint job

Dear Team, i need a slightly longer clutch cable for my Karizma. Which bike's should i use?
Old 2nd January 2009, 21:02   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
The Karizma Christmas project has progressed and almost got completed.
Ah. Yes. This brings back memories from about a year ago....

So sorry, Sankar...I got into this thread a bit too late...could've added a few pointers...

Given below is my (then) naked ZMA. the indicators/flashers are bolted onto the tank, right on the fairing mounts..
Attached Thumbnails
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-zma.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2009, 20:19   #305
BHPian

Sankar, where did you fit the front indicators?
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:57   #306
Senior - BHPian

Veyron, nice to see another defaired Karizma. Did you put the indicators on the tank? I considered that location but decided to put it below the headlamp.

Manoj, i installed them on the fairing's lower clamp.
Old 3rd January 2009, 21:02   #307
Senior - BHPian

his bike shows up in the tvm meet pics
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ere-too-6.html
check em out here
Old 5th January 2009, 20:13   #308
BHPian

Eh so many mods on the bike now eh. Cosmetics, jetting, exhaust.... Good man. DIY at its best eh
Reminds me that I need to complete the work on the 21bhp zma soon. Guess what, the set-up still runs on a stock carb.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:22   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Eh so many mods on the bike now eh. Cosmetics, jetting, exhaust.... Good man. DIY at its best eh
Reminds me that I need to complete the work on the 21bhp zma soon. Guess what, the set-up still runs on a stock carb.
Lol...something to keep my hands busy. Hobby ie., tinkering with the vehicle in any which way i can. Since i can't touch the engine since - it's new, wil cost good $$, and nowhere to utilise that kind of performance anywhere in Kerala safely (getting old am i?), i thought i'll do everything else that's possible Btw i'm now running on stock carb. I do miss the snappy throttle response.

If i can sort out the jetting issues of the TM it will be good but not good enough for a daily runabout since it drinks petrol like i drink beer. Still want to see how far i can jet it to ideal. Another reason is that the slide sping is so stiff that it takes a good effort to wring the throttle open! It will be a problem on long rides.

But guess what, it will yield very high fuel mileage if you don't/can't fight the spring

Last edited by Sankar : 5th January 2009 at 21:33.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:35   #310
BHPian

The stiffer spring will ensure you dont open the throttle much
Old 6th January 2009, 01:01   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Lol...something to keep my hands busy. Hobby ie., tinkering with the vehicle in any which way i can. Since i can't touch the engine since - it's new, wil cost good $$, and nowhere to utilise that kind of performance anywhere in Kerala safely (getting old am i?), i thought i'll do everything else that's possible Btw i'm now running on stock carb. I do miss the snappy throttle response.

If i can sort out the jetting issues of the TM it will be good but not good enough for a daily runabout since it drinks petrol like i drink beer. Still want to see how far i can jet it to ideal. Another reason is that the slide sping is so stiff that it takes a good effort to wring the throttle open! It will be a problem on long rides.

But guess what, it will yield very high fuel mileage if you don't/can't fight the spring
Oh no, I share that sentiment too! As you mentioned earlier, it makes better sense to turn it into a peppy mile muncher! And since DIY is your thing, its all the more better!
@joel, Kushants bike?

Last edited by bmw_m5_titus : 6th January 2009 at 01:13.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:34   #312
BHPian

Ya man, I'm working on Kushanth's bike. Will change a few things this time. The bike will make a good noticable difference in performance.
But the flip side is that, this 223cc 21 odd bhp set-up Karizma could get smoked by my 165cc Fiero . We'll get to all that later. Anyways!
Old 7th January 2009, 18:06   #313
Senior - BHPian

I dont remember seeing a carb thats this big and which looks as if its made from a block of metal. Checked it late last eve.

I also drove it. The bike sure is faster and I did see 100 and something in third gear within a very short period. Short distance didn't allow to open up enough in 4th gear. Very impressed as there as no hiccups to attain that speed within the short distance I covered. Another interesting thing which impressed me was the smoothness of the engine while attaining that speed (comparing to Pulsar/Avenger).

I have to ride it soon again on a straight stretch to check if its hitting the rev limiter faster.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:00   #314
Senior - BHPian

@jk, Glad that you liked it compared to the last time you rode it. It does pick up speed very fast, but jetting still isn't perfect. Prolly this weekend i and redfire will be havin a dedicated jetting session to sort out mine and his carbs. Since finding time is the hard part it has been postponed all this while.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:57   #315
Senior - BHPian

@JK- Have you ridden a stock ZMA? How different was Sankar's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks