Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 20:50   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@JK- Have you ridden a stock ZMA? How different was Sankar's
Yes, but its been sometime back since I ripped one. I drove Sankar's when it was brand new and hence just would be inappropriate to say it as a proper ride then.

The stock one felt rash; made me check speedo now and then. His was smoother and hence was surprised at speedo read.
Old 8th January 2009, 20:53   #317
Senior - BHPian

wow that sounds good, Sankar you planning to ride down to Pune anytime
Old 8th January 2009, 21:36   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

TMS32 is oversized for a stock motor. No doubt about that
lemme know if you need something like this

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-04012009085.jpg

picked up a second one :-)
Old 8th January 2009, 21:48   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
lemme know if you need something like this

Attachment 87254

picked up a second one :-)
How much did it cost you? Ideally what i would like to have is a Keihin CR30. FCR is too expensive!

I had a PWK28 on my RX. A very nice carb it was

Quote:
wow that sounds good, Sankar you planning to ride down to Pune anytime
Not anytime soon to Pune. I will be at Ooty on 24th and 25th for the Rider Mania with the Karizma

Last edited by Sankar : 8th January 2009 at 21:51.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:49   #320
Senior - BHPian

check the sudco site. add 30$ to US price, that will be the price in SGD.

The PWK is still a very nice carb

I remember seeing FCR41 at the sudco shop lol.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:56   #321
Senior - BHPian

Are you at Singapore now? PWK is a 2stroke carb basically (well so is TM but the TMS ha been done up for 4 stroke use they say), that's why i prefer a CR. Downloading the 38MB sudco catalogue now...
Old 9th January 2009, 08:20   #322
Senior - BHPian

Couple of sparkplug pics, this is the ordinary plug. Not using the iridium right now, i have kept the Iridium away to use after Jetting has been corrected.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00589.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00590.jpg
Old 9th January 2009, 10:48   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanker
I will be at Ooty on 24th and 25th for the Rider Mania with the Karizma
Do they allow Plastic bikes in RM these days
Or is it that the Ex-bulleteers are allowed
Old 9th January 2009, 10:50   #324
BHPian

By seeing the colour of the plug seems that you are getting good mileage, sort out the jetting issues, i would love to see the plug in matte black colour means rich.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:18   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
By seeing the colour of the plug seems that you are getting good mileage, sort out the jetting issues, i would love to see the plug in matte black colour means rich.
Plug chop is not always the right technik to determine jetting, its to be used in combination with other factors. I hope u were joking when u said u wanted to see the plug in matte black!

Quote:
Do they allow Plastic bikes in RM these days
Or is it that the Ex-bulleteers are allowed
Separate parking for all plastics!

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th January 2009 at 11:45. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts
Old 9th January 2009, 20:07   #326
BHPian

Well, with mere jetting on the Karizma dont expect any extra horses. The throttle response will improve considerably and thats about it. To know where u stand after all this, just drag your bike with a bone stock bike and with a good rider aboard.
Thats the true blue test.

@sunny - You have a PM
Old 9th January 2009, 20:26   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Well, with mere jetting on the Karizma dont expect any extra horses. The throttle response will improve considerably and thats about it. To know where u stand after all this, just drag your bike with a bone stock bike and with a good rider aboard.
Thats the true blue test.

@sunny - You have a PM
On the contrary, with proper jetting the bike will make a bit more power, maybe in points than a whole BHP , than a bone stock bike.

I have dragged with a friend's Karizma when my bike was stock. He is a good and experienced rider (and lighter than me too ). At that time both our bikes were very close in top speed and acceleration, but that bike was slightly better. Now when i test my bike on the same stretch of road i know that it has improved much in terms of acceleration and top speed when compared to stock.

As i said don't want to lose it's bike's reliability or spend much on it. Plan is to upgrade to something else that has a higher capacity and ideal for reliable touring sometime in the future.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:34   #328
BHPian

Thats why I said, dont expect extra horses. You can get a few decimal ponies for sure. LOL
Who says, you loose reliability with mods? Again it depends on what exactly u doing. Not group B specs for sure. Well if a stock bike itself is thrashed day in a day out, it will wear faster than a well maintained and well ridden modified engine.
Now take this, lets say a bone stock Zma engine would last 75000kms without any engine work needed. No rings change, cylinder swap etc.
A stage 1 works Karizma will still last pretty much the same, except that the rings would weaken maybe 10000kms earlier, say at 65000kms. Cost of piston rings is Rs 280. The fun factor that you get it 100 times more than that.
A stage 1 work wil easily give over one horse. More fun than the ponies that you get with jetting and filter swap. YOu'll only realise later that you have spent a lot more money and effort in the easier trick you kept attempting.

Let me give you another example of our karizma.
It runs a stage 3 - Race cam with an aggressive profile. A custom made one this is. Has clocked 12000kms in over a year now, ridden by the most crazy rider everyday. Basically its raped in every occassion. The cylinder is an old one which had already clocked some 7000kms prior to the mods. It runs a full works set-up and I'll tell you what I saw when I stripped the engine a few days ago.
The rings need a change, coz the clearance is a little higher.
Piston(modified one)) has ideally run for nearly 20000kms(it came OE with the cylinder kit) and no signs of any wear.
Valves are intact, rocker arms, cam etc are also like the way we installed over a year ago. This engine is close to a Group B spec engine and God knows how many times we have thrashed this bike all over. Its never kept below 5000rpm.
If this engine is still strong at 20000kms with stage 3 works and in the hands of a nutter,imagine how much better would it be with sane riding and just a few occassional ripping sessions. We have even toured on this bike. Countless trips around bangalore and to CBE. I have raced on this bike too.
What is a stage 1 man. It all boils to whats in your mind.

Again, FYI it returns 32kmpl in city and 40kmpl on highway stints with casual ripping. Under hard insane riding, it returns 21-23kmpl. We are talking about a dynoed 21+ bhp at the crank engine. The bike runs on stock sprokets to this day.

Joel
Old 13th January 2009, 10:57   #329
Senior - BHPian

Here's a small video of my Karizma. Redfire is riding the bike, i wanted to post a video after i got the Automech pipe. The carb is TM32, there was a jetting issue when this was shot later rectified.

Old 19th January 2009, 14:42   #330
Senior - BHPian

Wheel conversion: Alloy to Spokes

Need help guys.
I want to (have to actually) convert the stock wheels to a spoked type wheel. Reason for conversion is that spoked wheels are better for rough road riding. This morning the front alloy wheel got bent after I hit a pothole at 90.

Could you tell me which front hub would suit the Karizma's disc brake rotor (5 bolt pattern) and speedo meter drive?

Which rear hub to go for? I guess old CBZ's would work fine?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks