Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 23:04   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascari10 View Post
i would be really interested in the result of the iridium plug test and have u considered the rev box available for the crf230 engine in uk this box claims to give an extra 2000rpm at the top of the revrange and also claims to change the rev band i think u shud check it out i dont think this wud effect the warranty as well u can find it on ebay uk
I don't expect any huge gains from it except for maybe a slight difference. I would be happy if the engine performs consistently because less chance of iridium plugs getting fouled up.

The revbox aka BBR Revbox i've heard is not a straight swap with the Karizma as the CDI systems of our Karizma and the CRF is different. And there is no point in making it a revver because it ain't a screamer and it's not good for the engine. It would be better to make it produce more torque with which it can redline in 5th and then maybe try a smaller rear sprocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Good job with the video pal. Hic !

If what I see in that video is true then it should surely make a difference.

Edit: How about a pollution test with NGK and then with stock ?
Thanks pal! We would know about the improvement if any tomorrow.

The pollution test is what we had planned yesterday. Today due to rain, muck and cold weather i wasn't too keen to spend much time out. The pollution test would be done with one of the Bullets from our club. First the reading would be taken of a fully warmed engine running stock plugs, and then the plugs would be swapped, a small 3km ride with new plugs and again the pollution reading would be taken (from same place). We'll see if there's any improvement.
Old 27th November 2008, 23:13   #212

ok since ur lookin for more torque and since the revbox not only increases revs but also changes the characteristics of the revrange of the bike the box is meant for a bike which is essentially an offroad bike and that bike also has a better mid range as compared to the top end so i think it might be worth checkin out plz correct me if im wrong
Old 28th November 2008, 08:26   #213
Senior - BHPian

Ascari that might be true but will it work with the Karizma's wiring/ignition circuit? What i have heard is that it's not a swap with Karizma's CDI. Maybe Joel or some one else can clear this up.
Old 28th November 2008, 11:38   #214
BHPian

Along with the iridium get the spit fire cable if possible sandeep knowns where can we get a genuine one in bangalore, people say that there will slight improvement in acleration, but it was hard for me digest 550/- for a plug and 700/- odd for a split fire cable so totals up to 1250/- i would rather add more 2k to this and get a bigger carb which i find its VFM.

Sankar i am no were degrading or offending you these only my views
Old 28th November 2008, 15:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Sankar i am no were degrading or offending you these only my views
Man Pradeep, you're free to express your views i shall not be offended No problem
Old 28th November 2008, 17:36   #216
Senior - BHPian

If you have no shortage of funds, by all means go for it. If you're more of a VFM guy, maybe you should pool the money and spend it on some other stuff. It all depends on your point of view
Old 29th November 2008, 00:17   #217

yup sankar i guess joel or mabye venu could shed some light on this
as for the spaco carb that i was talkin about ill be gettin that in a month ill update u about that as well i think a 30 mm flat slide would really help the zma cheers:
Old 29th November 2008, 12:36   #218
Senior - BHPian

There is a difference with iridium plug. Acceleration has improved, especially when the bike is past 5000RPMs. Throttle response was crisp even before the iridium plug and now it's crisper. Imho the iridium plug did make a difference. Early morning starting has improved a lot and bike starts with half crank, earlier i had to thumb the starter a little bit longer. This is commendable since i changed nothing except the iridium plug in in this week and it's showing a diference that i can gauge.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What running gear are you refering to?
Oops.. I missed this part before. I was referring to the CRF's Rolling frame complete with everything except the engine. Well, that was just a thought it is not going to materialise
Old 30th November 2008, 19:25   #220
Senior - BHPian

Here's the Iridium Plug that i put in my Karizma.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00267.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00268.jpg

Here's the test setup that the NGK guy brought to give us a demo. Plug on the left is the normal NGK and the one on the right is Iridium Ix. Pressing a button will make both plugs spark and the difference in spark intensity is easily distinguishable. The plug wires going to each plug and again checked, just to make sure that a different higher output coil is not being used for firing the Iridium plug.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00216.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00210.jpg

Video of the NGK demo looking at the spark directly not through the cover of the equipment. The wires are exchanged in this video.

Looking at the spark through the lens on the cover of the equipmnt.

------

My hands were restless today so thought i will remove the fairing and tighten all screws holding the fairing together.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00291.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00293.jpg
When i put the fairing back i took out the meter console's cover by unscrewing seven lil screws. The console has a spartan and functional look to it. There's no rubbing of the fairing against the meter console.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00315.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00316.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 30th November 2008 at 19:30.
Old 30th November 2008, 20:48   #221
BHPian

Sankar, Grease Monkey syndrome and Compulsive non stock syndrome, eh?
BTW, does the iridium spark plug void the warranty?
Zma stock plug is Ngk, right?
Old 30th November 2008, 23:27   #222
BHPian

Shankku, you were busy doing this when you we were supposed to be floating with us ? any way what's the price and where can I get one ?
Old 30th November 2008, 23:48   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Sankar, Grease Monkey syndrome and Compulsive non stock syndrome, eh?
BTW, does the iridium spark plug void the warranty?
Zma stock plug is Ngk, right?
I don't think the Iridium plug would void the warranty if the heat range is correct. But the workshop guys might nick it if they see it While you give the bike for service tell them specifically not to clean the plug, because these plugs are not to be cleaned, especially not using the normal methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Shankku, you were busy doing this when you we were supposed to be floating with us ? any way what's the price and where can I get one ?
I've had couple of visitors today that's the reason i couldn't join the cruise.

Price is 550MRP but you can get it for 520/530. See this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1074522 to see if your spark plug has been listed. I shall update you with where you can get it in Cochin.
Old 1st December 2008, 07:15   #224
BHPian

Sankar, whats the procedure for cleaning them then?
Muneem bhai, it is available at Auto Queen at Kaloor. 550rs i think.
Old 1st December 2008, 07:36   #225
Senior - BHPian

It's self cleaning that's what NGK says. Deposits don't get formed in the electrode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks