Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 10:07   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have to somehow find out what's the current draw by the ignition circuit!
Do you have a digital multimeter? Any good DMM should give you volts and amps.
Old 8th December 2008, 16:42   #242
BHPian

All done, you need to make sure your not killing the supply to the CDI and ET coil. Its a DC CDI.
Old 8th December 2008, 18:22   #243
BHPian

1500 for 2ah more is double the price for normal i think
Old 8th December 2008, 18:48   #244
Team-BHP Support

Use a Digital Multimeter and get the current draw (connect in series), you can check with normal running and with headlights ON (55/60 and 100/130). Ensure that the multimeter and its fuse is upto it
Old 8th December 2008, 20:14   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Do you have a digital multimeter? Any good DMM should give you volts and amps.
I don't have a digital multimeter but i have access to one. But still i don't have much idea how to use it except to do basic stuff like find voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
All done, you need to make sure your not killing the supply to the CDI and ET coil. Its a DC CDI.
I have gone back to 55/60 Dint want to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerama View Post
It's not a 2Ah battery, it's a 9Ah battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Use a Digital Multimeter and get the current draw (connect in series), you can check with normal running and with headlights ON (55/60 and 100/130). Ensure that the multimeter and its fuse is upto it
Jaggubhai, where do i connect the multimeter leads? Battery terminals, to get the voltage reading? And how do i get the current drawn by the CDI? Please enlighten

I did some painting today. The automech exhaust was painted by them using normal paint and it started to burn off with heat. I procured a can of high temp paint, cleaned the header using emery paper and applied couple of coats. There was a problem. This paint needs heat for curing. So if i paint after mounting the pipe then it would be a mess. So i painted the pipe then after some time mounted the pipe, carefully not to wipe the paint off, then applied a short burst at a few places. Engine was left idling for some time to cure the paint and now it's baked properly i can touch it! Here are coupla pics:
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00358.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00359.jpg
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00360.jpg
End can was finished after i mounted the pipe, otherwise there wouldn't have any place left for me to hold it.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00365.jpg
Old 9th December 2008, 03:31   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerama View Post
@sankar what sree wanted to say was you paid almost double the amount for a difference of 2A between 7A and 9A
but then this is a dry one.

PS:from where did you purchase this high temperature paint?
what brand and how much?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 9th December 2008 at 03:32.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:29   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@sankar what sree wanted to say was you paid almost double the amount for a difference of 2A between 7A and 9A
but then this is a dry one.

PS:from where did you purchase this high temperature paint?
what brand and how much?
Hehe.. still confused as to what he meant coz 7Ah battery costs 1000 bucks or a little more, the 5Ah i bought for Bullet cost me 800 bucks.

I picked up this paint from the largest paint dealer here in Trivandrum, Santha Paint House. It's an imported item called Bosny. Cost me 260bucks.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:02   #248
BHPian

What, Automech exhaust? Howz it?
yeah u better use only 55/60 max. Anything higher will be a risk.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:52   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
What, Automech exhaust? Howz it?
yeah u better use only 55/60 max. Anything higher will be a risk.
It's quite good and gives a nice boost in midrange performance compared to the stock pipe. The pipe boosts midrange torque rather than high RPM power. Okay for stock non modified motors.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th December 2008 at 16:54.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:19   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jaggubhai, where do i connect the multimeter leads? Battery terminals, to get the voltage reading? And how do i get the current drawn by the CDI? Please enlighten

If you want to read the overall charge/discharge, disconnect negative terminal and connect the DMM in series between the battery (+ lead of DMM) and earth (- lead of DMM). Ensure the meter is in current reading mode (you may also have to manually plug in the leads for current reading on the meter).

Here you have an amp meter set up, which will show charge/discharge at any point of time.

Ignition switched on>idle>revs>idle with light/bulb 1 ON>revs with light/bulb 1 ON>idle with light/bulb 2 ON>revs with light/bulb 2 ON etc. You can note down the readings and do comparison.

If you want to read the discharge of CDI alone, then disconnect the CDI ground terminal and connect the multimeter in series, just as you connected for the battery. Then you can make different readings.
Old 21st December 2008, 17:08   #251
Senior - BHPian

I'm back. Last week i and my Bullet buddies from Silver Bullets had been on a ride to Valparai. You can see the photos here Picasa Web Albums - Crank - SB Valparai 2008

The ride was great, bike performed brilliantly, and we enjoyed a lot. Continuous riding at night for 5 hours with headlamp on (55/60 xtreme power) didn't put any stress on the battery and everything was cool.

Now i am thinking of taking off the front fairing and put a round headlight it it's place, aka old school styling. I don't want to re-invent the wheel doing this but i need solution for two things:

1) A headlamp clamp (ear clamp) that will fit perfectly between the upper and lower triple trees. Which bike's headlamp clamp (and washers/spacers) would do the trick?

2) I want to retain the stock meter console. The front subframe that supports the fairing also hold the clamp so removing the fairing would lead to removing the meter console. So which (bike's) meter clamp to use?

Last edited by Sankar : 21st December 2008 at 17:09.
Old 22nd December 2008, 04:03   #252
BHPian

Quote:
The ride was great, bike performed brilliantly, and we enjoyed a lot. Continuous riding at night for 5 hours with headlamp on (55/60 xtreme power) didn't put any stress on the battery and everything was cool.

Now i am thinking of taking off the front fairing and put a round headlight
sankar that would really bring a new look to the bike.
how about trying the headlamp of the new FZ or if you dare the yamaha Mt01 's ?
I always wanted to try something like that in a pulsar 200.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:45   #253
BHPian

Errrr find a different place to fit those horns it defently looks wacky.

Or else i would post a snap of it in your own wacky thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:23   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
sankar that would really bring a new look to the bike.
how about trying the headlamp of the new FZ or if you dare the yamaha Mt01 's ?
I always wanted to try something like that in a pulsar 200.
MT01's headlamp?? Probably i'll have to sell my Karizma to buy that headlamp, then where would i fit the headlamp

I had FZ16's headlamp in my mind, but it's the need to retain the meter console that's complicating the matter.. Reason for round type light is i can buy metal reflector automobile headlamps and probably run a higher wattage bulb without worries. Cheap to replace too in case of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Errrr find a different place to fit those horns it defently looks wacky.

Or else i would post a snap of it in your own wacky thread
I'm a fanboy of function over form. That's the best place to mount the horns without using additional clamps. If mounted onto the legs that support lower part of the fairing then i'll have to remove the horns it whenever i have to take down the fairing.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:26   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Now i am thinking of taking off the front fairing and put a round headlight it it's place, aka old school styling. I don't want to re-invent the wheel doing this but i need solution for two things:

----
So which (bike's) meter clamp to use?
thats the same idea i have for my Apache....eagerly awaiting replies for this question of yours

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks