Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:03   #256
Senior - BHPian

Sankar Apache's dome has good spread of light, I am not sure how easy difficult this would be.

Btw I have seen quiet a few ZMA's with round Headlights typically from old Pulsars & Samurais
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:50   #257
BHPian

Are you thinking of dismantling the whole fairing and plonking in a round dome.

OR

Just remove the current headlamp assembly and plonk a round dome within the fairing.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:13   #258
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i want to remove the fairing and use a round dome and the stock meter console.

Using a round dome is not at all an issue and it's easy. But the problem is i want to retain the stock meter assy. Where would the stock meter assy sit once i remove the fairing and the subframe which hold the meter.

if i use conventional clamps to hold the round headlamp in place, the subframe holding the meter assy would have to be removed.

I don't want to use Apache's headlamp. Primary reason for shifting to round lamp is to elimiate the fairing. Catch is in retaining the meter console.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:31   #259
BANNED

Retain the stock meter and put Ambition headlamp holder ears and put CD100 Dawn headlamp assembly if you are not keen about looks, they fits very well in any Hero Honda bikes.I had in my CBZ but removed just to keep the stock looks.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:28   #260
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i have uploaded couple of pics here to give you an idea of the front fairing and and meter console mounting. You can see the subframe holding the meter console, there's tongue like projection at the bottom of this subframe, this supports the stock headlamp from underneath.

Ajay, if i use the Ambition's headlamp clamps for the conversion my question about where to fit the meter still remains. With Ambition's clamp the present meter mounting has to be removed.

Click on the pics to view at original size.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00291.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00292.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00297.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00298.jpg

See, the raid de himalaya Karizmas use round headlamp and no fairing. But none of them had stock meter console with the round headlamps. One raid Karizma had another set of meters but it wasn't stock Karizma set.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd December 2008 at 20:30.
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:41   #261
Senior - BHPian

@Sankar

IMHO, the stock meter setup with a round headlamp wouldn't look very good. The stock meter console is pretty big. So a single headlamp would look very small and unclassy when compared to the meter console.
Why don't you fit two small round lights which make the meter-headlamp combo look proportionate. It will provide increased illumination as well as look more aesthetic. If you are very particular about the single round headlamp you could fit some other meter console which would your ZMA very classy.
Old 23rd December 2008, 01:33   #262
Senior - BHPian

I have seen couple of bikes with the ZMA meter and the round light they look fine. you can also go for the old CBZ meter console it looks great.
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:49   #263
Senior - BHPian

Sankar, you can do one thing. Get alumunium "kaans", they will be mounted to forks through 2 bolts each. run a metal strip between the 2 kaans, get a custom mounting for meters so that they sit there. will give you the freedom of adjusting the angles. I have mounted my tacho from the bolts on the "kaans"
Old 23rd December 2008, 03:36   #264
Senior - BHPian

If goin for round headlamp.
try Old HH ambitions Headlamp I had it on my zma sometime back
its clear lens and has a good beam spread.

another option will be to use Zma's headlamp without fairing.
I have seen such zma's look good.kinda give it a street fighter look.
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:41   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
@Sankar

IMHO, the stock meter setup with a round headlamp wouldn't look very good. The stock meter console is pretty big. So a single headlamp would look very small and unclassy when compared to the meter console.
Why don't you fit two small round lights which make the meter-headlamp combo look proportionate. It will provide increased illumination as well as look more aesthetic. If you are very particular about the single round headlamp you could fit some other meter console which would your ZMA very classy.
Infact i thought of using two Avenger headlamps in place of a big round one. But avey headlamps cost around 900 chillar each. And that would overshoot my budget. Local round headlamps that we usually see have not so good beam quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
I have seen couple of bikes with the ZMA meter and the round light they look fine. you can also go for the old CBZ meter console it looks great.
Is the wiring etc same for the CBZ meter console? Is it a plug in fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Sankar, you can do one thing. Get alumunium "kaans", they will be mounted to forks through 2 bolts each. run a metal strip between the 2 kaans, get a custom mounting for meters so that they sit there. will give you the freedom of adjusting the angles. I have mounted my tacho from the bolts on the "kaans"
I dint want to use the aluminium clamps man. Coz everyone has them and i had it in my RX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
If goin for round headlamp.
try Old HH ambitions Headlamp I had it on my zma sometime back
its clear lens and has a good beam spread.

another option will be to use Zma's headlamp without fairing.
I have seen such zma's look good.kinda give it a street fighter look.
This sounds interesting. How do i fix the stock headlamp without the fairing. How do i bolt it in?
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:45   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This sounds interesting. How do i fix the stock headlamp without the fairing. How do i bolt it in?
2-3 people I know have done this to their Zma's
I never got into details as to how it is fixed.
I know the person who did this will try to find out and revert.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:16   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
2-3 people I know have done this to their Zma's
I never got into details as to how it is fixed.
I know the person who did this will try to find out and revert.
Thanks pal. Please try to take couple of photos if possible, mobile cam pics will do fine
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:02   #268
BANNED

Kari Meter looks quite big and these thick cables looks like not going to make your job easy to fix ambition ears, those ears actually fits in between fork rods and goes in Tseam with help of few metal thin rods, visit any HH dealer and check the possibility as i also hates those ali after market ears, very populer and ugly.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:18   #269
Senior - BHPian

otherwise try and use RX ones...if you dont want to use the Al ones

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2008 at 11:39. Reason: Please avoid using sms\slang language e.g write 'and' instead of 'n'. Thank you
Old 24th December 2008, 23:36   #270
BHPian

The stock Karizma headlamp is mostl likely mounted in fabricated bracketsattached to the T-section stem . The Karizma meters are also electrical/electronic , the tacho may work , you can get the fuel guage wired , but the speedometer may not since the CBZ one is mechanical . Look where the Karizma speedo cable joins the meters - under the tachometer , not directly connected to the speedometer .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks