Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2008, 08:19   #286
BHPian

Donno how that will work out since the Zma is atleast 10-15kgs heavier than the aforementioned bikes. I would stick to the shocks and get them painted black! But if you do have an option of swapping some friends apaches or Hunk s shocks to see how it works or get one cheap, it would be good.
Old 27th December 2008, 09:10   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Never did like the red shockers much man. I ws thinking if i could go for a gas type shockabsorber from the hunk/apache. What say?
The hunk has got some good reviews for its rear shocks. The old apache's shocks arent great (personal experience), the rtr's are much much better. Good comfort and great handling (wrt to the rtr)

Why dont you look at the P200's shocks? they come in black and are superbly comfortable. Dunno about the handling part but i beleive it aint that great 'cos of a soft setup.
Old 27th December 2008, 09:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

the bike is looking real nice. the indicators some how dont look nice. if i get the ZMA (that i really want to) i plan some thing same.
Old 27th December 2008, 10:54   #289
BHPian

Don't go hunk shocks they are damn expensive and overpriced. try out the pulsar family but you have to mount the shocks upside down say like in bullet.
Old 27th December 2008, 14:51   #290
Senior - BHPian

Wow Sankar the indicators looks nice & gel well. The bike looks cool now

Quote:
Never did like the red shockers much man. I ws thinking if i could go for a gas type shockabsorber from the hunk/apache. What say?
Sankar dont do this, ZMA has best shocks out of all the bikes that I have owned (P180,150, ZMA & RTR) Seriously there isnt anything better than stock shocks.
Old 27th December 2008, 18:40   #291
Senior - BHPian

Hunk is 143 kilos and Karizma is 150 kilos, both as per their websites. But my Karizma would weigh lower than a stock one by a good 10 kilos (minimum) or more since; the exhaust is much lighter, no fairing, no engine cowl, no engine cowl subframe, no kicstarter, no kickstarter stop (this is pretty heavy for it's size) and no airbox.

So Hunk rear shockers might work for me. But the height of the dampers also matter. Anyway the suspension idea is paused since performance wise i'm satisfied with the stock setup. GRS looks better.. oh my what have the Karizma done to me!! Lol

Anyway got a new goodie to play with, a Mikuni TMS32 flatslide carb. Loaned by my friend to see if it works out in my bike.

It's a big one, had to struggle to get it into the spare manifold i had. Throttle cable, the CBZ one i'm using for slide carbs, is short. I have to cut the outer to make the inner long only then would i be able to test it on the bike. Prolly tomorow will do it.

Here are coupla photos.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00569.jpg

Have to search for a suitable filter for this.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00570.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00571.jpg
Old 27th December 2008, 23:52   #292
BHPian

@Sankar,

I did enquire about the Hunk suspension, the HH supervisor said the lengths are different.

Ditch the Pulsar shocks idea, those cause that bobbing ( as if sailing on a boat ) on certain road undulations . Karizma shocks are pretty good stock , they match Pulsar gas shocks for comfort differing somewhat in low/high speed damping.
Old 28th December 2008, 08:48   #293
BHPian

@Sankar.
Thats one heell of a carb,jet it right and it will surely make you fly.....have seen those on motocross yamahas......
Old 29th December 2008, 10:25   #294
Senior - BHPian

Fixed the TMS32 on to the bike yesterday and jetting is in progress. The results so far sounds good! Jetting is still not perfected, mains is getting closer.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00572.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00573.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00574.jpg
Old 29th December 2008, 10:29   #295
Senior - BHPian

How is the bike behaving with a 32MM flatside?
Old 29th December 2008, 15:29   #296
BHPian

Shankar, how did you manage cutting the cable outer?? I am trying to put a TM-28 on RX135, faced the throttle cable problem. Zeroed in on CBZ cable made hacks - toend of cable is RX cable becasuse RX throttle doesnt have the threads to inset throttle cable, bottom end (carb end) is CBZ, found cable to be very short, needs 3-4 mm more cable.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:22   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
How is the bike behaving with a 32MM flatside?
Behaving unlike any Karizma. Lol the throttle response is so awesome that if i whack open the throttle the bike surges ahead and if there's gravel or dirt on the road it powerslides....even with a pillion hehehe Main jet is almost correct. Have to sort out the midrange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Shankar, how did you manage cutting the cable outer?? I am trying to put a TM-28 on RX135, faced the throttle cable problem. Zeroed in on CBZ cable made hacks - toend of cable is RX cable becasuse RX throttle doesnt have the threads to inset throttle cable, bottom end (carb end) is CBZ, found cable to be very short, needs 3-4 mm more cable.
You have to take off the metal end cap of the cable. Then cut the plastic cladding. Now you can see the metal outer, this thing is made up of thin metal strip wound up in a spiral. You have to find the extremity of the spiral and try to poke the end outwards, so that a plier can grip it. Now with the plier slowly unwind the spiral, it's pretty hard but do able. When the desired length is unwound cut it off using a cutting plier.

Now the end where you have cut off would jut out by a bit. Use the plier to put it back in place as neatly as possible. Once that is done push the outer back into the cup! That's it!
Old 30th December 2008, 00:58   #298
BHPian

The bike is behaving entirely different. It has become a torque machine with crisp revvs. The real game is fully on throttle now as it has quick/sensitive response on engaging and leaving the throttle (it really needs quick throttle). The trial and error tuning is what we are doing and is going on. Hope will reach an optimum point soon.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:50   #299
BHPian

Thanks Shankar, will try it soon..
Old 30th December 2008, 12:59   #300
Senior - BHPian

This is a crazy carb! When i peek through the venturi when the engine is running i can see a good amount of fuel mix sucked up through the needle jet, haven't noticed this much of a suction in other carbs that i have tried on. The carb makes a nice whistle, like a turbo whistle, as the air rush into the engine.

What i have learnt when trying to jet this carb, throw the stock Karizma jetting numbers out of the window! Keeping that as a reference will never work

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks