Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 20:30   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
The stock Karizma headlamp is mostl likely mounted in fabricated bracketsattached to the T-section stem . The Karizma meters are also electrical/electronic , the tacho may work , you can get the fuel guage wired , but the speedometer may not since the CBZ one is mechanical . Look where the Karizma speedo cable joins the meters - under the tachometer , not directly connected to the speedometer .
Ricci, the speedo cable going to the electronic sending unit of the Kari can be fixed directly to the CBZ speedo so that's no an issue. The front drive ought to be the same.

Btw i did the conversion today. I retained the stock headlamp, thanks to akshay for the hint

The project is far from over, today the whole thing was done as a trial. Have to perfect it. Things to do:

1) Front number plate probably will place it between headlamp and meter console.

2) Indicators. Looking for a good solution that goes with the look.

3) Handle bar. Will be changed to FZ bar.

4) Spraying the underside of the meter console black. Already have the spray can.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00545.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00544.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00547.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00549.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00554.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00556.jpg
Old 25th December 2008, 20:34   #272
Senior - BHPian

DIY at its best

neat job.
so how did you fix the headlamp?
Old 25th December 2008, 20:41   #273
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man.

There is a clamp with a bush that supports the headlamp from bottom, i removed that bush so there was a hole in the support. I made a corresponding hole up in the headlamp base (not into the headlamp cavity, reflector is safe) and used a 10size bolt and nut to secure it from bottom. The top was secured using two big and thick cable ties looped via two screwholes on the headlamp and through two round holes in the meter clamp. The cable ties is good enough as a permanent solution and it will be hidden behind the number plate once it's fixed.

I had to reroute all the wires to make it look neat behind the headlamp. The excess length is neatly looped under the tank and secured using cable ties.
Old 25th December 2008, 21:04   #274
Senior - BHPian

that seems real cool better than the Round headlamp for sure. and please do not place the number plate on the top let it be at the botom of the head lite... the number plate on the top looks stupid i dont know why. handel bar of FZ would look cool but dont you think that it would be bit uneasy to ride the bike there after because it is a straight bar.
Old 26th December 2008, 08:09   #275
Senior - BHPian

There isn't another alternate handlebar that would look nice with this setup. Any ideas?
Old 26th December 2008, 09:20   #276
Senior - BHPian

Pulsar handlebar Sankar

wow this looks good & oh boy you do go all the way to achieve what you want. I have not even opened the side panels on my RTR yet
Old 26th December 2008, 09:39   #277
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm yeah pulsar handlebar would be more comfortable 200 or 180?

Any ideas for front indicators?
Old 26th December 2008, 09:55   #278
Senior - BHPian

Dont know how different the 200 is from 180, I have only ridden one with 180's handle & it was nice

Oh yeah you dont front indicators now, do you. How will you mount them? Try for the old CBZ ones they should be cheap too.

One wacky idea which may work is to get the Discover tank scooped indicators, if possible

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-discover2.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-discover1.jpg
Old 26th December 2008, 11:46   #279
BHPian

I think the handles on the pulsar 180 and 200 is the same. I am using the 180 handlebar on the CBZ, veryhappy with the riding ergo.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:34   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hmmm yeah pulsar handlebar would be more comfortable 200 or 180?

Any ideas for front indicators?
oh yes oh yes oh yes. front indicator nothing else apart from the HUNK indicators. they look great. and yes the pulsars handel bars would be great. but if it was me i would have kept the same ones because even they are looking nice.
Old 26th December 2008, 20:40   #281
Senior - BHPian

The Karizma Christmas project has progressed and almost got completed. Only non OE Karizma part used was the Pulsar 200 handlebar, rest everything is Karizma stuff. Used the Karizma indicators to make the front and rear set match.

Here are the photos.

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00565.jpg

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00567.jpg

Redfire on the bike.
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc00568.jpg

What's still pending?
Cutting off the ears from the headlamp.

Last edited by Sankar : 26th December 2008 at 20:47.
Old 26th December 2008, 20:51   #282
BHPian

Hehe, thanks for making me the model to show your bike . BTW the bike looks nice and mean in flesh. Overall it looks more meaty and meant for business. Yes a little bit of finishing touches at HL assembly would be nice, like shaping and smoothening the edges. A small fairing on top of HL would also be nice, but need to design/find a good one.
Old 26th December 2008, 21:40   #283
BHPian

Looks clean man. I am sure that all that weight loss would have helped. there is a stay on the tank for the fairing right? what did you do for that. I cant make out. Also get the bar end weights for the pulsar, it will complete the look.
Old 26th December 2008, 23:02   #284
BHPian

Sankar,

that looks neat ! Only thing left is to paint the rear springs a more sober black .
Seeing these pics, it's nice you retained the stock headlamp , the round one wouldn't suit it.
Old 26th December 2008, 23:19   #285
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jay, Mohi and Ricci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Hehe, thanks for making me the model to show your bike . BTW the bike looks nice and mean in flesh. Overall it looks more meaty and meant for business. Yes a little bit of finishing touches at HL assembly would be nice, like shaping and smoothening the edges. A small fairing on top of HL would also be nice, but need to design/find a good one.
Yep it needs some finishing touches, would attend to it soon. Atleast it's road legal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Looks clean man. I am sure that all that weight loss would have helped. there is a stay on the tank for the fairing right? what did you do for that. I cant make out. Also get the bar end weights for the pulsar, it will complete the look.
Didn't yet weight the stuff that came off the bike, but it won't be much prolly around 3 or 4 kilos that's it. More than the weight i don't think the Karizma fairing was very aerodynamic either. I bought the end weights, but the screws to mount them wasn't available so not fixed yet. The stay on the tank is still there, didn't remove it coz i don't want to mess up the original tank. Lemme see if i can find a used tank to mess with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Sankar,

that looks neat ! Only thing left is to paint the rear springs a more sober black .
Seeing these pics, it's nice you retained the stock headlamp , the round one wouldn't suit it.
Never did like the red shockers much man. I ws thinking if i could go for a gas type shockabsorber from the hunk/apache. What say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks