Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 22:45   #796
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
I too have booked a Taffeta White S-MT(O) version and expecting the delivery by next Thursday.I am Keeping my fingers crossed. The car would be mainly used by my dad for driving in heavily congested areas of my hometown. I will post an ownership review, once I get my hands on it.

On the price front, the quotations given by my dealer are very similar to Cediaowner's. The insurance is being covered by the dealer. Since we are exchanging our 2002 Alto, we are getting Rs 15,000 as exchange bonus. I was also able to negotiate for free foot-mats and original Honda seat-covers. I am also getting a free paint protection coating.

As far as underbody & paint are concerned, my dealer said he would do it for Rs 3000. I am not sure if he would be using 3M.
I also actually booked the S(O)MT Rally Red . Honda has a cash discount of 20,000 on S (O)MT and 25000 on the VMT . Here is what it cost me OTR :

OTR price (including free insurance + Rs. 20,000 cash discount) - 5,24,823 (it includes Rs. 4900 which I paid for Extended Warranty and Rs. 3200 I paid for 0 percent depreciation insurance) - I didn't opt for RSA & 3M

Freebies : perfume , tissue box , key chain , rubber mats

What did it cost you OTR ? These cash discounts are for August .
Old 11th August 2012, 12:59   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
I also actually booked the S(O)MT Rally Red . Honda has a cash discount of 20,000 on S (O)MT and 25000 on the VMT . Here is what it cost me OTR :

OTR price (including free insurance + Rs. 20,000 cash discount) - 5,24,823 (it includes Rs. 4900 which I paid for Extended Warranty and Rs. 3200 I paid for 0 percent depreciation insurance) - I didn't opt for RSA & 3M

Freebies : perfume , tissue box , key chain , rubber mats

I have booked the same variant. The OTR price of same variant in Pune is Rs.5.94 lakhs without any discounts. There is no cash discount available in Pune. But insurance is free. After bragaining the amount came to Rs.5.73 lakh. Mats and UV coatings have been offered as freebies. Which is approx 50,000 more than Delhi/Kolkota price.

Any suggestion about bare minimum accessories for Honda Brio S-MT(O) variant..?
Old 11th August 2012, 17:59   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque

I have booked the same variant. The OTR price of same variant in Pune is Rs.5.94 lakhs without any discounts. There is no cash discount available in Pune. But insurance is free. After bragaining the amount came to Rs.5.73 lakh. Mats and UV coatings have been offered as freebies. Which is approx 50,000 more than Delhi/Kolkota price.

Any suggestion about bare minimum accessories for Honda Brio S-MT(O) variant..?
I suggest you call up Honda customer care and ask them if they have any official discount on behalf of the company . The reason I'm insisting you to enquire is because they have a "Freedom offer" this month which you will find in the main page of their website www.hondacarindia.com

It wouldn't harm to double check because as per my dealer the cash discount I'm getting for my brio is because of this offer .
Old 11th August 2012, 20:16   #799
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you call up Honda customer care and ask them if they have any official discount on behalf of the company . The reason I'm insisting you to enquire is because they have a "Freedom offer" this month which you will find in the main page of their website www.hondacarindia.com

It wouldn't harm to double check because as per my dealer the cash discount I'm getting for my brio is because of this offer .
Same here in Kochi. The dealer specificlly mentioned that this is a Honda nationwide offer for August (25k for V and 20k S(O)). He also offered free insurance and a bunch of additional accessories worth around 20k.
Old 12th August 2012, 12:01   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Same here in Kochi. The dealer specificlly mentioned that this is a Honda nationwide offer for August (25k for V and 20k S(O)). He also offered free insurance and a bunch of additional accessories worth around 20k.
Actually I booked Brio on 31st July and I paid full amount. So I doubt I will be able to get the benefit. Anyways I will speak to the dealership.
Old 12th August 2012, 16:58   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner

It is costing me 5.29 lakhs OTR and freebies include honda original seat-covers and paint protection. My dealer is giving me 15k in cash discount. I did have a discussion with him and said that everyone else is giving 20k as cash discount, but he didn't budge and kept on saying that 15k discount is the Honda policy for this month. I will call honda care and confirm.
Old 12th August 2012, 17:15   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak

It is costing me 5.29 lakhs OTR and freebies include honda original seat-covers and paint protection. My dealer is giving me 15k in cash discount. I did have a discussion with him and said that everyone else is giving 20k as cash discount, but he didn't budge and kept on saying that 15k discount is the Honda policy for this month. I will call honda care and confirm.
The 5k might have been adjusted with your seat cover I guess
Old 12th August 2012, 23:12   #803
Senior - BHPian

We are planning for a petrol hatch around 5L. We visited Dakshin Honda this noon and had a look at the Brio. Earlier in the day, we visited Maruthi and Hyundai for Wagon-R and i10 but was completely bowled over by Brio once we entered the Honda showroom. The quote I got from the showroom for SMT variant was around 5.39L. The only offer was the free insurance. The sales guy also told that if we are going for a loan, it can be taken only from one of the four banks which are listed in their brochure. He said this law holds good in any Honda showroom. Can someone please enlighten me on this?

We had one of our eyes fixed on the Jazz which was kept for the display but the sales guy was not at all interested in selling it.
Old 12th August 2012, 23:39   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr
We are planning for a petrol hatch around 5L. We visited Dakshin Honda this noon and had a look at the Brio. Earlier in the day, we visited Maruthi and Hyundai for Wagon-R and i10 but was completely bowled over by Brio once we entered the Honda showroom. The quote I got from the showroom for SMT variant was around 5.39L. The only offer was the free insurance. The sales guy also told that if we are going for a loan, it can be taken only from one of the four banks which are listed in their brochure. He said this law holds good in any Honda showroom. Can someone please enlighten me on this?

We had one of our eyes fixed on the Jazz which was kept for the display but the sales guy was not at all interested in selling it.
Nonsense. You can take loan from any bank of your choice. If the Sales guy doesn't agree, shoot a mail to Honda Customer Care and he will get in line.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:01   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Jazz selling around 600 units a month despite such pathetic attitude from the dealers(esp Dakshin Honda) is quite the achievement in itself.

and the loan part is just B.S You can get it from anywhere you want.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:00   #806
BHPian

Update on my booking of S(O)MT model :-

Today the Sales Guy called me and said that your car has reached us and that I could have a look at it. On asking the VIN , the guy made some excuse of not giving it. When I insisted he gave me the number M A K D D 1 7 2 E C N 0 0 3 0 4 5 .

On decoding this I found out this to be a May 2012 model and I immediately called him up and asked whether he had this model in stock from earlier months. He replied that this is the model that has been dispatched from Honda and he stood by his statement. I told him that it doesn't sound logical and that even if it was a July model (also June to an extent) , I would understand.

I told him that I would speak to Honda India and ask them whether they had sent may 2012 model in August dispatch. He said that I could ask and he even added that the Eastern Head of Honda was at his showroom and that I could even speak to him. I said yes sure and he is still yet to call me back .

What's take on it friends ?
Old 16th August 2012, 19:13   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found out this to be a May 2012 model
You have full right to deny taking delivery of the vehicle if you are uncomfortable and ask for a fresher VIN vehicle. But in my opinion, you should inspect the vehicle in the flesh and if you feel that it is factory fresh then there is no harm in taking its delivery, even though the VIN may suggest otherwise.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:19   #808
BANNED

I will put three months stocking as acceptable but not ideal. If it crosses six months then I will crib. Normally you get very fresh cars when there is a BS level change. They do tend to stock up esp. if there is a model upgrade. I am going for an AT as soon as it comes (Festive season!!). Let me see what I get.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:26   #809
BHPian

Quote:
On decoding this I found out this to be a May 2012 model in August dispatch.
As long as you have correctly decoded and verified that the model is May 2012 manufactured, it should not be much of a problem. In any case dispatches would depend on the demand from the dealers. I'd suggest you carry out the PDI carefully and if it passes you can go ahead.
Old 16th August 2012, 20:28   #810
BHPian

Due to some urgency, we have upgraded to Taffeta White VMT and getting the delivery tomorrow. I have checked the VIN number of the car and it's a July dispatch which the dealer told me beforehand. Also I am getting 25k discount, free insurance along with some freebies like seat covers and paint protection. I have opted for extended warranty which costed me 4900Rs. EXCITED. I will start a new thread soon if my dad allows me to drive the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks