Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 03:33   #1381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

No the air flow is fine...only cooling efficacy is reduced. Even after a check up by A S S she is feeling as if with air con set for full cooling the car is not getting cooled even after a twenty thirty minutes drive. It is a new car purchased last month.
Old 26th October 2014, 04:17   #1382
BHPian

Is she the only one in the car or there are more people? I notice a considerable drop in the effectiveness of the ac when more than 3 people are on board.
Old 29th October 2014, 20:38   #1383
BHPian

Guys, just read it on Honda India site, and posted on Brio FB group.

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is carrying out preventive replacement of Driver Side Air Bag Inflator of 1040 units of Honda Brio, 1235 units of Honda Amaze and 63 units of Honda CR-V manufactured between September 2011 and July 2014 as part of Honda's global recall regarding a possible incorrect assembly of the Baffle Plate in the Inflator.
Please check if your vehicle is affected
https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/5UB...erInquiry.aspx

I checked mine 04/12 made one, and I am good. Please get your VIN number verified asap.

Cheers!!
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 21:14   #1384
BHPian

Faced the cooling problem when i last drove in the first week of October.
The fan speed is good, however the car does not chill sufficiently even after a while. I did show it to a outside mechanic who confirmed the cooling doesn't seem to be enough but suggested taking it to Honda ASS.
My car is just over 2 years old and is stationery most of the time. Will get it checked when i am back next.
I doubt the filter might be the culprit.
Please post if you find your culprit.
Old 29th October 2014, 21:19   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Guys, just read it on Honda India site, and posted on Brio FB group.

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is carrying out preventive replacement of Driver Side Air Bag Inflator of 1040 units of Honda Brio, 1235 units of Honda Amaze and 63 units of Honda CR-V manufactured between September 2011 and July 2014 as part of Honda's global recall regarding a possible incorrect assembly of the Baffle Plate in the Inflator.
Please check if your vehicle is affected
https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/5UB...erInquiry.aspx

I checked mine 04/12 made one, and I am good. Please get your VIN number verified asap.

Cheers!!
My Aug 2013 model is safe too according to this link.
For those cars for which a replacement is needed, is there any way to deactivate the air bags till they are replaced?

Going off topic, my left RVM was hit while the car was parked. It has not come loose and hanging but the whole housing is now elevated by approximately 1cm from the joint. Can it be repaired or do I have to replace it? How much does it cost?
Old 30th October 2014, 16:28   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
My Aug 2013 model is safe too according to this link.
For those cars for which a replacement is needed, is there any way to deactivate the air bags till they are replaced?

Going off topic, my left RVM was hit while the car was parked. It has not come loose and hanging but the whole housing is now elevated by approximately 1cm from the joint. Can it be repaired or do I have to replace it? How much does it cost?
I faced a similar situation a few months back. I tried pushing it back and it went in smooth. Give a gentle push, if it doesn't work then A.S.S
Old 8th December 2014, 16:48   #1387
BHPian

Right time to buy a Brio?

Hi all,
After good amount test drives of Celerio, i10, and Brio for my wife, finally we decided on Brio AT as it was the only automatic that offered ABS and Airbags. My wife did not like Micra so we did not test drive it. Tried my level best with Mahindra to see if I can buy a Reva but they offered it at 8.6 lakhs in Chennai which was too costly.

Now, I am planning to book the car in Dec and get in Jan so its a 2015 make but the issue is I am hearing Brio facelift will release in 2015. Given this, should I wait or just go ahead and buy it now?
Old 8th December 2014, 17:16   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Re: Right time to buy a Brio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Now, I am planning to book the car in Dec and get in Jan so its a 2015 make but the issue is I am hearing Brio facelift will release in 2015. Given this, should I wait or just go ahead and buy it now?
Even if there are rumors about the facelift in 2015, they are still rumors and there is no official word from Honda as such. So it may take atleast another 6 months for the facelift to be launched IMO. And from what we know about indian facelifts, there is hardly any change except for a few chrome added, new headlamps, a few tit bits here and there. Do not expect major changes. Dashboard (which IMO is what drives potential customers away) etc will remain the same.

Me says go ahead with it. Press for discounts, it being December month but not sure if they will give it on the AT. If they have it readily available, they will give discounts since it is 2014 manufactured car.
If they have promised a 2015 manufactured one, take extra precautions to ensure it is of 2015 batch and not 2014.
Old 8th December 2014, 17:18   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Re: Right time to buy a Brio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Even if there are rumors about the facelift in 2015, they are still rumors and there is no official word from Honda as such. So it may take atleast another 6 months for the facelift to be launched IMO. And from what we know about indian facelifts, there is hardly any change except for a few chrome added, new headlamps, a few tit bits here and there. Do not expect major changes. Dashboard (which IMO is what drives potential customers away) etc will remain the same.

Me says go ahead with it. Press for discounts, it being December month but not sure if they will give it on the AT. If they have it readily available, they will give discounts since it is 2014 manufactured car.
If they have promised a 2015 manufactured one, take extra precautions to ensure it is of 2015 batch and not 2014.
A major change which is on the cards is rear windshield washer and wiper.
Old 27th December 2014, 13:36   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Brio could get an alterante to AMT - an Electronic Clutch System.

Quote:
Bosch is testing its new Electronic Clutch System or eClutch, which incorporates a cable-free electronic clutch pedal into the footwell which sends signal to an actuator that will use its foo t to depress the clutch.
Bosch eclutch could add a new kind of variant in the model range, that will battle against torque convertor, CVT (Continuously Varying Transmission) and even AMT. It is possible that cars equipping eClutch may not have any other automatic in variant list.

http://www.rushlane.com/bosch-eclutc...SdthsayDwmm.99
Old 8th January 2015, 14:09   #1391
BANNED

Been to Whitefield Honda showroom and those jokers are not offering test drive for automatic Brio, told them without test drive I am not even going to think of buying your car and left the showroom for good.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 11:49   #1392
BHPian

A biker came and hit my Brio, as he came sliding on the road the front bumper took the hit. Impact seem to have bent the condenser and displaced it from housing. Service centre is asking me to go for replacement as mending the bend could cause leakage. What should I do, go with their advise?
Old 28th January 2015, 12:37   #1393
BANNED

@Thilak29; I would be against bending the condenser back into shape, even more so since it is Aluminium. However, check the independents and you can possibly save a lot of money.
Old 29th January 2015, 00:30   #1394
BHPian

My Brio is ready for delivery and I'm planning to upgrade the audio system. The option was only Caska earlier but the service centre guys told me they also do similar jobs using Blaupunkt systems. Any idea what is the latest model being used?
Old 29th January 2015, 11:01   #1395
BHPian

Thanks sgiitk sir. I am leaning towards replacement bases on multiple inputs I received.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks