Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 12:08   #2836
BHPian

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you using OEM brake pads?
Looks like manufacturing defect or the caliper pins aren't moving freely causing the pads to bind to the rotor creating pressure on it. Is that a crack or some kind of depression?
Running on Bosch that I changed just last month. Not sure it's a depression of sorts, does not feel like it's inside. Also, does not feel like a crack. Not sure why or how this happened, if you see closely, that one disc has two of those marks. This has been post changing the pads wasn't there earlier.

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 30th July 2017 at 12:11.
Old 5th October 2017, 23:55   #2837
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Sharing a rather bad experience while servicing my 2015 Maruti Swift VXi. Due to health constraint (caught dengue), could not get my car serviced in time losing opportunity to buy extended warranty. Car was purchased on 31-Jul-2015, missed the date for 2017. Gave the car for servicing on 22-Aug-2015 availing pick and drop service by Amar Motors, Vadodara.
When the car came back and bill was handed over to me, I was shocked to see 5W-30 engine oil filled up in my car instead of 0W-20. Called up SA only to be told that "system wont allow to bill wrong oil" so 5W-30 is perfect. Asked him to confirm in writing and dropped an SMS so that they can email me what he mentioned. After 5 mins, got call that they are ready to change oil.

Was having weakness during that recovery phase, but still went to service center and oil was changed. Mom accompanied me and while waiting in customer area asked me to have a look as green fluid was falling on ground (my car was raised to drain oil). Didn't care about it much. 0W-20 oil was put in using a plastic container, a container which wasn't clean from any stretch of imagination. Infact, the new oil to be filled in my car was was brought in same container in which they drained oil, atleast the physical appearance was same. So when new oil was filled in, I was on shop floor and touched the container if oil was hot or not. If hot, its same old oil being poured in. It was cold, so new oil. I requested to put in new oil filter too, but was denied. I was ready to pay for new oil filter again even though I had just paid for it before driving the car to service center. But they didn't do it.

Now, after barely one and half months, the coolant level is below "Low". The temperature gauge remains at middle position, safe. Dont know how coolant leaked out or it was low since last service. In that service I had asked for coolant to be replaced. The mild facelifted Swift which I have has a different coolant reservoir than the pre-facelift model. This new design makes it very difficult to observe coolant level. Not sure if something went amiss during that service, but this doesn't seem to be regular wear and tear.

What I wanted to avoid just happened then and now again. Unscheduled visits to service center due to negligent service offered. Wrong oil, and now no coolant. Having used other Maruti products, I am sure that coolant levels dont drop so suddenly. Will visit service center tomorrow and ask them to check for any leaks. Maruti service is not exactly as cheap and quality has gone down too. Last year, Kiran Motors put less oil in my car (link to post) and this year wrong oil.

If car owners can remain present during oil change, nothing like it. Be cautious and check all vital fluids every week. I missed on this part after following the routine for few months after last year's service. My car hasn't hit anything and I am not observing any leak. Have shot an email to Maruti, not expecting anything ground breaking but they should know that service levels are falling. Gave this posts' link too.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th October 2017 at 00:07.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 06:40   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this. Always, always carry your own oil for service. It's the easiest consumable to be cheated on. Takes just a few minutes of your time and wont void warranty. Learnt this the hard way with Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore when they used sub-par oil and post that, have been the wiser.
Old 6th October 2017, 13:11   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Always, always carry your own oil for service. It's the easiest consumable to be cheated on. Takes just a few minutes of your time and wont void warranty. Learnt this the hard way with Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore when they used sub-par oil and post that, have been the wiser.
Oil from outside is not allowed, any part/fluid from outside is not allowed. The car is now out of warranty, so will try to get filter from outside and change oil myself. Another trouble is getting 0W-20 oil from Shell, I want to avoid IOC oil.

Update :
Went to Amar motors today at 10 AM. Massive rush. Maruti is putting more cars on road every month, the already massive service network of theirs may need expansion.

No job card was prepared, I asked SA to get a technician and have a look at my car. No coolant found in reservoir, new coolant filled in. Just to fill in, they took my car inside their compound and then was taken out, am OK with it. Stood there for 10 mins to check for any leak, it didnt. SA told me that probability of coolant filled in less quantity or something going amiss leading to leak could be there during the service. But coolant top up was done, spent 1 hour plus this morning behind this.

Maruti needs to understand that prevention is better than cure. I will now be checking all fluids every week.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th October 2017 at 13:37.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:20   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Oil from outside is not allowed, any part/fluid from outside is not allowed. The car is now out of warranty, so will try to get filter from outside and change oil myself. Another trouble is getting 0W-20 oil from Shell, I want to avoid IOC oil.
Just find a competent MASS in your city from this link and carry your own oil and you are good to go.

I had visited a MASS for the first time last month and realized that quality is on par with a dealer owned service station that I used to visit but transparency is a lot better. I can stand near my own car. Ask silly questions and mechanic will not bother to mention each and every small thing on job card first.

Like when I went to get gear box oil seal replaced in my WagonR, I just mentioned him about the door rattle. He analysed it for a minute and rectified it then and there. Had it been a dealer owned service station he would tell me the labor rates for it first.
And not to mention, the precious time I save. It definitely helps considering the rising temperature in my city.

Shell 0W20 is easily available in MGP stores in a 3.5L container. You can purchase it from there.

Cheers!
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:24   #2841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just find a competent MASS in your city from this link and carry your own oil and you are good to go.

I had visited a MASS for the first time last month and realized that quality is on par with a dealer owned service station that I used to visit but transparency is a lot better. I can stand near my own car. Ask silly questions and mechanic will not bother to mention each and every small thing on job card first.

Like when I went to get gear box oil seal replaced in my WagonR, I just mentioned him about the door rattle. He analysed it for a minute and rectified it then and there. Had it been a dealer owned service station he would tell me the labor rates for it first.
And not to mention, the precious time I save. It definitely helps considering the rising temperature in my city.
Completely agree with your observations. And not just any MASS, try to visit A category MASS for better quality. For the very same reason, I have created this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 22:43   #2842
BHPian

Hi All need some help here with my 2012 Swift VDi clocked 69000kms. Yesterday I drove my swift for about 10kms and parked it at a store. When I returned to start it the car starts, vibrates and immediately switches off. This happened in the next 4-5 cranks. Called up Maruti assistance and they sent a technician in about 20mins. I called in my driver to stay with him and I left. This technician had checked the car and told me that diesel is passing through ok but there is another problem which he can identify only after the car is taken to the workshop. So the car was towed and taken to the nearest authorised workshop located right next to my house. Although I have never serviced my car ever at this workshop.

Today when I rang up the floor incharge he said initially they are checking the problem and it’s a bit complicated and that he will get back to me. Again after a couple of hours I called him and this time he said it’s an injector lines issue and they are checking. Finally today evening when I called he said it’s not ready and that there could be an ECM problem. I only hope that Am not being taken for a ride with these guys.
Has anyone in this group ever faced such issues? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Old 8th October 2017, 07:56   #2843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
When I returned to start it the car starts, vibrates and immediately switches off. This happened in the next 4-5 cranks.
Was any service done recently prior to this issue happening in your Swift? Did the car drive normally in those 10 kms? Any CEL or warning lights on the dashboard you observed?

I can think of:
  • Fuel delivery issue to the injectors - Like clogged lines or a Clogged Fuel filter;

• Possible chances of air lock in the fuel lines;

• Injectors clogged and may need cleaning or injector failing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th October 2017 at 16:42. Reason: Small typo :)
Old 8th October 2017, 14:08   #2844
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm planning to replace my stock front headlamps in my swift with a new one. One of the headlights have started developing fog inside due to condensation during heavy rains. So I'm inclined towards changing both the headlamps and was looking at some options other than the stock one from Maruti. Can any of you guys suggest some models with good quality and acceptable price range?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2017 at 12:06. Reason: Fixing quotation mark (seems to be a recent issue with the iOS app).
Old 12th October 2017, 23:56   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Completely agree with your observations. And not just any MASS, try to visit A category MASS for better quality. For the very same reason, I have created this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

Shell 0W20 is easily available in MGP stores in a 3.5L container. You can purchase it from there.
Out of the 6 MASS listed, I am already having experience with more than 4 !
One garage is where we used to get our Maruti 800 serviced, Car Care is related to Car Scanner (Hyundai) which actually didnt' do good service on my Grand i10.
Nevertheless, the first one known to me warrants a visit soon.
About oil, called up the three MGP in Vadodara, all told me they dont stock oil. Its a bit tough to get 0W-20 specially in smaller cities like the one I reside in.

I am planning to get Mobil 1 0W-40 oil for my car. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Its available online and might give it shot. My concern is not cold starts, but after engine reaches operating temperature. 0W20 shall (?) be thinner aiding circulation in modern engines with tight tolerances, while 0W40 could be thicker.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 01:54   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Out of the 6 MASS listed, I am already having experience with more than 4 !
One garage is where we used to get our Maruti 800 serviced, Car Care is related to Car Scanner (Hyundai) which actually didnt' do good service on my Grand i10.
Nevertheless, the first one known to me warrants a visit soon.
About oil, called up the three MGP in Vadodara, all told me they dont stock oil. Its a bit tough to get 0W-20 specially in smaller cities like the one I reside in.

I am planning to get Mobil 1 0W-40 oil for my car. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Its available online and might give it shot. My concern is not cold starts, but after engine reaches operating temperature. 0W20 shall (?) be thinner aiding circulation in modern engines with tight tolerances, while 0W40 could be thicker.
In Delhi, MSIL dealers where I had got my 2012 Swift Vxi (upgraded to latest ECM patch) serviced couple of times stock Castrol Edge 5W40 grade for full synthetic oil changes.

Hence I had always sticked to this 5W40 grade after having 10K Kms on the odometer and also tried Total Quartz 7000 & Shell Helix Ultra along with Castrol Edge in pursuit of providing the best tonic to my beloved Swift.

Be rest assured, this grade this perfect fit for the K12 engines and infact aid in reducing the NVH level to quite an extent.

I can vouch for it after putting another 50K Kms on the odometer running perfectly on this grade of oil in Delhi blistering summers and occasionally doing redline runs.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 22:01   #2847
Senior - BHPian

Another eye opener regarding service.
Manual mentions that air filter must be cleaned every 5000 kms. and replaced every 40K kms. in petrol.
Ideally, it should have been cleaned in my last service at 18XXX kms. Right now odo reads 215XX kms. Was facing a rather uneasy idling since last two days plus FE was taking a hit too. Decided to check out air filter today. Here is what I found.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_20171121_205216.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_20171121_210252.jpg

So much dirt in 3000 kms is not possible. Am sure that it was never cleaned since the day I took delivery of the car.
Error from my side : I never thought it would need cleaning in 5000 kms. and thought service center must be cleaning it. Looks like they never cleaned it. The amount of dust is around 75% of total dust after I cleaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
In Delhi, MSIL dealers where I had got my 2012 Swift Vxi (upgraded to latest ECM patch) serviced couple of times stock Castrol Edge 5W40 grade for full synthetic oil changes.

Hence I had always sticked to this 5W40.. beloved Swift.

Be rest assured, this grade ..an extent.

I can vouch for it after putting another 50K Kms .. redline runs.
Whats grade of oil is mentioned in your car's manual ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st November 2017 at 22:07.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:50   #2848
Senior - BHPian

I second that. For my ertiga (2016 model) during the third free service I asked the service person to make sure all the tyres have proper air pressure (specifically because the tyre removal is not easy on ertiga, being outside the chassis). He agreed but in a few days I thought of cross checking and found the pressure as 25psi. What type of service they provide? I am worried that they are not even looking at things even after asked for. This happened at Pratham motors, ORR.
Should we really trust on what they say post service or when we pay the bill?
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:52   #2849
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition launched at Rs. 5.44 lakh

The next-gen Swift is expected to debut at the 2018 Auto Expo. With just a few months before the biennial car show opens its doors to the public, Maruti Suzuki has launched yet another limited edition of the Swift. The Swift Limited Edition slots in between the base LXi/LDi and VXi/VDi variants. It is priced at Rs. 5,44,793 for the petrol and Rs. 6,39,662 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the diesel variant.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftlimitededition.jpg

The limited edition is introduced as an addon accessory bundle. Swift Limited Edition gets blue-grey decals on the bonnet, roof and on the sides. Inside, the car gets seat upholstery and steering wheel cover to match the exterior colour theme as well as carpet mats. The limited edition receives a double din touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It is also compatible with a rear camera, which can be purchased additionally. Apparently, the audio has been spruced up with “extra bass” speakers.

Mechanically, the Swift Limited Edition is identical to the standard offering. Engine options include a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine which makes 83 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 115 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm and a 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel that produces 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm of peak torque @ 2,000 rpm. Both engines come paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 13:27   #2850
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition launched at Rs. 5.44 lakh

With the new swift launch being imminent, I was expecting such an edition to be launched anytime soon. Wonder how many of these limited edition ones sell anyway. Swift RS, Wind Song, Deca, Glory and now because of a severe dearth of names we have to settle for Limited Edition only .
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks