Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 09:02   #1276
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Congrats o.D, guess yours is the first AWD here on t-bhp. Do start a seperate ownership thread to share your experiences.

How much did you pay for Hellas ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
He hasn't mentioned that his XUV is a AWD. Did I miss something?
Old 15th December 2011, 09:16   #1277
o.D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

I am assuming that your W8 is a FWD. Yet to see a AWD being reported on TBHP. Drive safe and enjoy! Congratulations once again.
Thanks, and yes it's a W8 FWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post

Regarding problem #4, is that while starting / stopping the engine or while driving itself?

The noise so far has been noticeable while being on the move and has been normal on starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Congrats o.D, guess yours is the first AWD here on t-bhp. Do start a seperate ownership thread to share your experiences.

How much did you pay for Hellas ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
No, its a W8 FWD. Haven't driven around much as yet. In due course of time will put up a ownership thread after a few highway runs.

Picked up the Rallye-4000 a while ago and was used on my previous car for 9k .
Old 15th December 2011, 09:58   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You can get these DRL's almost everywhere these days. Go to Driven if you want. While getting my XUV ICE'd last week, i saw these DRL's and was tempted to add them, but i guess they might be little too flashy for my taste so will stick to Mahindra's version of DRL's
Off topic: Yesterday at gurgaon toll, the toll guy asked me, "Sir, is this Audi?"
Wonderful to note that DRLs are available at Driven. Are these specifically for XUV and fit in like originals inside the assembly or taped outside somewhere on the bumper? Why I am asking is because I see a lot of Innovas and Xylos on the roads with weird blue or white light emitting DRLs but they look horrendous-something like Diwali lights sold in Sadar bazaar of Delhi.

If they look classy and not cheesy, I am game for them! You tell me!

And Big Cheers on the Gurgaon Toll driver's question Next you should drive it to Kitty Su or Capitol or F Bar and watch the ladies put their hands up and say ' respect!' and the DJ announces- 'NitinRalli in the house yeah!'

We all await your detailed report on the ICE- with more details on how the sound has changed and pics on what the fit system looks like (I know you posted pics of work in progress but would also request for the finished products pics.

Last edited by Infiniti.Rahul : 15th December 2011 at 10:19.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:13   #1279
BHPian

Guys, one quick update on my XUV(i) problems, for now all problems are sort out by dealer like cruise control/door not locking properly/HU Hung.... so far drove around 1000k and happy with comfort drive avg mileage is appearing in HU is 15kmpl.

Off-topic, Tomorrow i am going to Shirdi (2000k up/down)
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 12:01   #1280
BHPian

Hi o.D, can you just give an idea about how you fixed the aux lamps, where you drilled the hole, how you brought the clamp out etc. Pics will be very helpful. Since you have fixed it on clamps at the bottom, do they vibrate during drives? cause I hate my aux lamps vibrate when Iam using it.
Dr.jones
Old 15th December 2011, 12:14   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.D View Post
Thanks, and yes it's a W8 FWD.

Picked up the Rallye-4000 a while ago and was used on my previous car for 9k .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
He hasn't mentioned that his XUV is a AWD. Did I miss something?
My bad, apologies for mis-reading.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:16   #1282
BHPian

Just read on TOI. Not particular about XUV. It says upto 3pc on all models

Mahindra to hike prices of all models by up to 3 pc from Jan - The Times of India
Old 15th December 2011, 12:28   #1283
o.D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi o.D, can you just give an idea about how you fixed the aux lamps, where you drilled the hole, how you brought the clamp out etc. Pics will be very helpful. Since you have fixed it on clamps at the bottom, do they vibrate during drives? cause I hate my aux lamps vibrate when Iam using it.
Dr.jones
The Rallye4000's are heavy and vibrates a bit. Looking at upgrading to lighter ones.

Will take detailed photos of the clamping over the weekend and share them here.
o.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 12:57   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Guys, one quick update on my XUV(i) problems, for now all problems are sort out by dealer like cruise control/door not locking properly/HU Hung.... so far drove around 1000k and happy with comfort drive avg mileage is appearing in HU is 15kmpl.

Which SVC sorted out the door closing issue? I took my XUV in for the same problem, and it's only been partially fixed.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:45   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Just read on TOI. Not particular about XUV. It says upto 3pc on all models

Mahindra to hike prices of all models by up to 3 pc from Jan - The Times of India
3% hike should translate to about Rs 50,000/- increase in price for the W8 AWD. does this mean that people who have already booked the XUV will have to shell out the extra 50k?
btw its more than 3 weeks since the deliveries of the AWD model started but i am yet to find a review of the XUV W8 AWD. if anyone comes across a review of the XUV W8 AWD please can you post the link in this thread.
Old 15th December 2011, 21:12   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post

What was the reason given for cruise control not working? And what was the solution? I am also facing this problem. Cruise control worked just once all this while so wanted to know.
Old 15th December 2011, 23:39   #1287
BHPian

I use Cruise Control extensively no problem so far. I have even used in 2nd gear above 1.4k- 1.5k RPM.
Old 15th December 2011, 23:48   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
3% hike should translate to about Rs 50,000/- increase in price for the W8 AWD. does this mean that people who have already booked the XUV will have to shell out the extra 50k?
I do not think manufacturers will ever increase the price by a constant factor across the board. Some slow movers may not see a price hike and hot ones may see more than 3%. (On an average may see 3%) We need to wait till the XUV price is officially announced to see whether the increase is 50,000 or more or less. One thing sure is the price will be going up.
Normal practice is you pay the price of the vehicle at the time of delivery, does not matter when you booked it. But when Nano launched, first 1 lakh bookings were price protected. Not sure whether it is the same way for XUV 500 (does not mention anywhere), but i seriously doubt it. Considering the teething issues the new owners face, it will be a good gesture if Mahindra does price protect the first people who took the chance and booked the car.
Old 16th December 2011, 22:55   #1289
BHPian

Special Thanks to Manson, GTO and all other contributors for such a detailed review on pg # 1 followed by the priceless discussion on this thread.
After booking XUV W8 on 3rd Oct, I have been following this thread quite closely. Mannubhai and kedarwalke's ownership threads have been really informative for any prospective buyers. Thanks much !

My XUV has left Chakan plant 2 days back and is breating in Dealer's stockyard at the moment. I would be visiting dealer stockyard for detailed PDI tomorrow.

I've modified the excel based PDI checklist available on the PDI related thread to make it more specific for XUV, specially to add XUV features and check all of the problems mentioned so far by current XUV owners. Please find it as attached here. It also contains some trackers which I found relevant to keep information in one place. Please feel free to tweak it as per your needs.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx XUV500-W8-Checklist-v1.00.xlsx (58.5 KB, 2290 views)
DigitalSoul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 23:52   #1290
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Special Thanks to Manson, GTO and all other contributors for such a detailed review on pg # 1 followed by the priceless discussion on this thread.
After booking XUV W8 on 3rd Oct, I have been following this thread quite closely. Mannubhai and kedarwalke's ownership threads have been really informative for any prospective buyers. Thanks much !

My XUV has left Chakan plant 2 days back and is breating in Dealer's stockyard at the moment. I would be visiting dealer stockyard for detailed PDI tomorrow.

I've modified the excel based PDI checklist available on the PDI related thread to make it more specific for XUV, specially to add XUV features and check all of the problems mentioned so far by current XUV owners. Please find it as attached here. It also contains some trackers which I found relevant to keep information in one place. Please feel free to tweak it as per your needs.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the modified PDI XLS.

Since, you are from Pune, can you please share the OTR price for W8 FWD and the breakup. I have been wondering whether to register in Mumbai or Pune (outside PCMC region) and if there is a significant price difference.

Last edited by SDP : 16th December 2011 at 23:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks