Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 00:06   #1291
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

@ SDP

OTR Breakup for me -

Ex Showroom Price - 11,81,000
Temporary Regn - approx 5000 (still to get exact details from Dealer)
Registration - 94480 + 300 @ 8.00% Flat for private four wheelers with price above 1 million
Insurance - 32300 for Zero Dep via a known Agent
Octroi - NIL as getting registered via another home address from Baramati

So the OTR price for my W8 without any accessories comes out to be INR 13,13,080.
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 18:03   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Special Thanks to Manson, GTO and all other contributors for such a detailed review on pg # 1 followed by the priceless discussion on this thread.
After booking XUV W8 on 3rd Oct, I have been following this thread quite closely. Mannubhai and kedarwalke's ownership threads have been really informative for any prospective buyers. Thanks much !

My XUV has left Chakan plant 2 days back and is breating in Dealer's stockyard at the moment. I would be visiting dealer stockyard for detailed PDI tomorrow.

I've modified the excel based PDI checklist available on the PDI related thread to make it more specific for XUV, specially to add XUV features and check all of the problems mentioned so far by current XUV owners. Please find it as attached here. It also contains some trackers which I found relevant to keep information in one place. Please feel free to tweak it as per your needs.
Thank you DigitalSoul for the detailed XUV specific PDI checklist!

I booked XUV W8 at SKS Bangalore (6-Oct) and current delivery date(from M&M customer care) is 8-Feb. Hoping that the delivery date gets pulled in to Jan'12. Haven't received MOST login credentials from M&M yet (multiple phone calls & emails didn't yield any positive result). Latest phone call to M&M customer care revealed that M&M is not managing booking status any more, the customer rep directed me to the dealership for delivery status. Any comments?
Old 18th December 2011, 16:22   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I use Cruise Control extensively no problem so far. I have even used in 2nd gear above 1.4k- 1.5k RPM.

Just came from Shirdi... 2000km drive (up & down) regarding cruise control... for me solution was replace steering control after spending 6 hrs @ Mahindra Workshop.. off-topic:- I like cruise resume feature in XUVi (set speed)

Rohit, if i am not wrong here cruise engage after 40 km with respect to gear (2,3,4,5) and for 6th gear you need above 60km speed( i observe today cruise resume feature want active unless i cross above 60km on 6 gear) hope this help..
Old 18th December 2011, 16:24   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post

I booked XUV W8 at SKS Bangalore (6-Oct) and current delivery date(from M&M customer care) is 8-Feb. Hoping that the delivery date gets pulled in to Jan'12. Haven't received MOST login credentials from M&M yet (multiple phone calls & emails didn't yield any positive result). Latest phone call to M&M customer care revealed that M&M is not managing booking status any more, the customer rep directed me to the dealership for delivery status. Any comments?
I heard from the sales manager that 'MOST' (tracking system) is having some issues and they're not giving out logins to anybody these days.

Can some one else confirm if they've got MOST logins after the first lot? (those who booked after say Oct 5)
Old 18th December 2011, 16:27   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I heard from the sales manager that 'MOST' (tracking system) is having some issues and they're not giving out logins to anybody these days.

Can some one else confirm if they've got MOST logins after the first lot? (those who booked after say Oct 5)
I booked on Oct 3 and got delivery on 3rd Dec.. during this period neither i got call for tracking system nor i asked for one.... fyr
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 19:13   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome.

Quote:
All my efforts to talk to MRC and raise it to highest authorities within Mahindra have failed on this front. MRC kept me promising that you will receive the details soon. Somebody will get back to you. But no one did. Finally I spoke to Senior Regional Manager and he confirmed that I would never get that before my delivery as they have stopped using it
Such a nice system put together that failed with miserable implementation..
Old 18th December 2011, 19:15   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post

I booked on 3rd Oct but never got one. Always thought it would be great to track status online.. but that dream never came true. Finally getting my delivery on Wednesday but no MOST yet
Old 18th December 2011, 19:53   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil

Just came from Shirdi... 2000km drive (up & down) regarding cruise control... for me solution was replace steering control after spending 6 hrs @ Mahindra Workshop.. off-topic:- I like cruise resume feature in XUVi (set speed)

Rohit, if i am not wrong here cruise engage after 40 km with respect to gear (2,3,4,5) and for 6th gear you need above 60km speed( i observe today cruise resume feature want active unless i cross above 60km on 6 gear) hope this help..
It's working just above 20 kmph in second gear for me.
Old 18th December 2011, 19:55   #1299
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ SDP

OTR Breakup for me -

Ex Showroom Price - 11,81,000
Temporary Regn - approx 5000 (still to get exact details from Dealer)
Registration - 94480 + 300 @ 8.00% Flat for private four wheelers with price above 1 million
Insurance - 32300 for Zero Dep via a known Agent
Octroi - NIL as getting registered via another home address from Baramati

So the OTR price for my W8 without any accessories comes out to be INR 13,13,080.
Thanks DigitalSoul. The W8 FWD Ex-showroom in Mumbai is 12,48,532. Almost 66-67K difference. I am pretty sure this is due to the octroi.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:17   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks DigitalSoul. The W8 FWD Ex-showroom in Mumbai is 12,48,532. Almost 66-67K difference. I am pretty sure this is due to the octroi.
Yes it looks like it's most probably due to Octroi.
By the way, Apologies for my little typo above. Correct Ex show room price in Pune is INR 11,87,607

Dealer has been very co-operative to allow me to get the insurance done from outside without any hassles.

However I am being told to cough-up 10k just for temporary registration. Does it sound right?
Old 18th December 2011, 20:33   #1301
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes it looks like it's most probably due to Octroi.
By the way, Apologies for my little typo above. Correct Ex show room price in Pune is INR 11,87,607

Dealer has been very co-operative to allow me to get the insurance done from outside without any hassles.

However I am being told to cough-up 10k just for temporary registration. Does it sound right?
10K for tempy-registration sounds high. Somehow I have never heard of dealers asking money for tempy registration.

On a separate note, is there a option for Mahindra dealers in Pune, or is there a single dealer?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 20:37   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
10K for tempy-registration sounds high. Somehow I have never heard of dealers asking money for tempy registration.

On a separate note, is there a option for Mahindra dealers in Pune, or is there a single dealer?
I am going to discuss with Mahindra and Sr Sales Manager at Dealer about it tomorrow. I have to make the payment by noon tomorrow.

There is only one dealer at the moment. Not sure if Mahindra opens up gates for the other one next month.
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 22:19   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to discuss with Mahindra and Sr Sales Manager at Dealer about it tomorrow. I have to make the payment by noon tomorrow.
10K sounds too much to me. Infact, in Kerala every car sells on a temp registration from dealer [free of cost if I am not wrong] and owners need to pay taxes only in 14 days time. We can "flaunt" the temp registration for 13 days & let the world know it's a new car; without any issues!

Try and hook up to some agents on the temp registration charges and if you found them cheaper, haggle with dealer to match the rates or go with the agent, if I may suggest.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 22:33   #1304
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Infact, in Kerala every car sells on a temp registration from dealer [free of cost if I am not wrong] and owners need to pay taxes only in 14 days time. ....
Precisely. I have not seen dealers charging for temp-registration. What next..charging the customer the parking fees when the new vehicle is in their yard and asking them to pay the salary of the security guard at the yard?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 17:13   #1305
BHPian

I picked up my XUV W8 about 10 days back and since then I've been besotted by its looks.
I'm a doctor by profession but an artist at heart
I was itching to shoot my handsome beast but was just not getting the time.
This Sat evening I finally took the XUV and my cam and clicked a few pics.
The pics are taken with a 550 D, the basic kit lens (18 - 55 mm) & a tripod
Wasn't so happy so I took it again on Sun morning and shot some more.
This set was taken with a hand held 550 and another basic zoom lens (55 - 250 mm)
Some enhancement (brightness / contrast / crop / resize) has been done in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-104.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-101.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-107.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-108.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-110.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-113.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-117.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-121.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-125.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-127.jpg  

bikefreak is offline   (22) Thanks