Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:21   #2746
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Edit: How about the OE horns from the Vento? Will it void the warranty if I manage to procure and install them. Hope it would be plug and play.
Since VW plays a lot with their parts bin from time to time, first you need to determine the kind of socket that your rapid horn is having. If it is the same as the vento horn, a simple straight swap would be fine, horn mounting would be at different locations though. You can get an oe one from the VW dealer itself. Give a friend's vento vin/regn for billing, if they insist.

Or else, once you identify the horn socket type, you can get adapters for those on aliexpress. Just search for 'audi vw car horn plug'. Use them and go for after market horns of not too high amp ratings. I have done the same on my 2012 rapid. Simple plug and play, no wire cutting or splicing. I have posted about this in a diy horn upgraded thread too, somewhere on tbhp. Sorry I forgot where!

One of the mods have posted about similar adapters on the 'power horns' thread also.

In case of any issues whatsoever, the thing will be reversible without any mechanical trace. No point in being honest with a dishonest OP (read vw emission fraud and related unwarranted changes being done on Indian customer cars).
crdi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 19:46   #2747
BHPian

Hi all,

I m tempted towards skoda cars (more towards octavia) but I have no confidence in putting 20+ big ones on Skoda mainly due to its After sales support. For me buying something for that much investment is big and I cannot risk it to go wrong. I am writing to check how is Chennai dealers in comparison? Are they any better?
Old 24th December 2017, 19:55   #2748
BHPian

Hello

I am witnessing delayed start in my TDI when i crank it after a week or so. It takes longer than usual.

The usage pattern has been the same for the last 5 years and this is happening for the first time. However, if i crank it after a drive then its just fine and there isn't any delay.

Is it sign of a failing fuel pump or could this be something else?
Old 25th December 2017, 09:00   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

I am witnessing delayed start in my TDI when i crank it after a week or so. It takes longer than usual.

The usage pattern has been the same for the last 5 years and this is happening for the first time. However, if i crank it after a drive then its just fine and there isn't any delay.

What is the age and state of the battery? I had this same problem in my Rapid TDI last year when the battery was close to end-of-life.
Old 25th December 2017, 09:17   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

As another team-bhpian mentioned, mostly due to weak battery. Get the battery inspected for its output.
Old 25th December 2017, 10:50   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
What is the age and state of the battery? I had this same problem in my Rapid TDI last year when the battery was close to end-of-life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
As another team-bhpian mentioned, mostly due to weak battery. Get the battery inspected for its output.
I had got the battery replaced last December only. The battery should be good.
Old 27th December 2017, 12:12   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hi all,

I m tempted towards skoda cars (more towards octavia) but I have no confidence in putting 20+ big ones on Skoda mainly due to its After sales support. For me buying something for that much investment is big and I cannot risk it to go wrong. I am writing to check how is Chennai dealers in comparison? Are they any better?
There are no Skoda dealers in Chennai! Only one dealer- Gurudev motors. If you aren't happy with them, you need to get your car serviced in another city.

If you're extremely apprehensive, I suggest you to look away.

But if you have the knack to befriend the service advisors and demand good service, you can go ahead. Maybe.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 13:42   #2753
BHPian

The Skoda dealer of trivandrum is offering quite good discounts on their existing inventory of rapids. Rumours are that the dealership is about to change hands, hence the stock clearance sale.
Old 27th December 2017, 19:24   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
The Skoda dealer of trivandrum is offering quite good discounts on their existing inventory of rapids. Rumours are that the dealership is about to change hands, hence the stock clearance sale.
New dealership - Malayalam Skoda coming up adjacent to Nexa Outlet at Chackai. Guess it wuld be operation by January'18
Old 11th January 2018, 13:19   #2755
BANNED

Hi,
My cousin is looking for an upgrade. He is currently using a 2010 I10 1.2 kappa. His monthly usage is not much, mostly between 800 to 1000 KMs. I have suggested him to go for Petrol. His uses are like 60% city and 40% highway with 80% of time with 2 passengers and rest of the 20% overloaded.

He is pretty inclined towards a German this time. With a strict 10L on road budget, Vento 1.2TSI would be way beyond his means. He is looking at Rapid 2017 1.6 MPI with manual transmission.

There is hardly any review of that engine recently, as I see most of the BHPians are with diesel+DSG combination. Do we have any owners here, who can provide a firsthand account on this motor? Any pointer on performance under normal condition, on rough village roads and efficiency etc. would be very helpful.
Old 11th January 2018, 19:06   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hi all,

I have been a Skoda owner since 2009. Fabia till 2014 and Rapid since 2014. All along I have been servicing my vehicles only in Gurudev motors, Chennai. Did face some issues in the initial year or two. But post the revamp in their management, the sailing has been smooth. Especially after my Rapid purchase I have good experience with the After Sales. This can be attributed to 2 reasons.
  1. Things have improved after revamp in management
  2. I have built a better rapport with the SA.
When we use the App to book the service, we can choose the SA (I just checked and could not find the option now). I am assigned to same SA since 2014 and he knows his stuff.

In short, it all depends on the rapport you build with them.

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 11th January 2018 at 19:20. Reason: Update about the App and choosing SA.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:03   #2757
BHPian

Hello

On releasing the clutch and pulling off in first gear (and sometimes upon shifting to second also) the car judders a bit and if I rev it a bit more then it's minimised or even gone. This is a new development and I am noticing it on inclines only and for the first time.

Its fine on flat roads.

Could it be the clutch?
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:06   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello

On releasing the clutch and pulling off in first gear (and sometimes upon shifting to second also) the car judders a bit and if I rev it a bit more then it's minimised or even gone. This is a new development and I am noticing it on inclines only and for the first time.

Its fine on flat roads.

Could it be the clutch?
Check your air filter and clean it, as you say, it is fine on flat roads.
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:47   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Check your air filter and clean it, as you say, it is fine on flat roads.
I got the air filter replaced last week only during service.
Also, the gear oil was changed.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:33   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the air filter replaced last week only during service.
Also, the gear oil was changed.
Have they done the emission software update? That may be one of the reasons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks