Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 20:00   #5461
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Finally I have done the booking yesterday. Here are the details:

Model: Duster 85 PS RXZ ( Top end Diesel, Manual Transmission )
Color: Woodland Brown
Dealer: Trident Renault, J.P.Nagar, Bangalore

Bangalore OTR: 14,79,000/-

Discounts:

Cash discount for November = 50K
Carnival weekend offer = 5K
Corporate discount = 7K

I am getting insurance on my own from ICICI Lombard. Quote is 33K for B2B ( Dealer quote is 50K for B2B )

Amount saved on insurance = 17K

Total savings = 79K

Final OTR = 14,79,000 - 79,000 = 14,00,000/-

They promised the delivery in 1 week.

Today SA confirmed that, this variant & color is ready at their Chennai plant ( Manufacturing date to be 26-OCT-2016, just 2 weeks old! ).
It will reach their Bangalore stockyard in another 3-4 days.
Will be doing PDI from my side before Registration.

Will share some photos & delivery experience in another 2 weeks.

So countdown started for MIGHTY DUSTER !!!
Old 7th November 2016, 21:07   #5462
BHPian

Hi. I went to book RXZ AWD here in Srinagar today but the delivery time is a long 3 months minimum. It's due to the turmoil in Valley. Now I am planning to get one from gurgaon or faridabad. If some one can please tell me what are the taxes charged in gurgaon or faridabad. It will help me to calculate the final otr price. Thanks.
Old 11th November 2016, 18:26   #5463

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. I went to book RXZ AWD here in Srinagar today but the delivery time is a long 3 months minimum. It's due to the turmoil in Valley. Now I am planning to get one from gurgaon or faridabad. If some one can please tell me what are the taxes charged in gurgaon or faridabad. It will help me to calculate the final otr price. Thanks.
Hi, When you purchase a car from a state other than your own, you dont have to pay their RTO charges(other than minimal temp passing). Also, there is much better chances of negotiation at your end because you can contact any number of dealers that you want which will put you in advantage.
I know this since I bought my Renault Lodgy last month from ahmedabad whereas I belong to Delhi. The registration has to be done within one month so take care of that.

All the very best for your new car
Old 11th November 2016, 19:09   #5464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarjun View Post
Hi, When you purchase a car from a state other than your own, you dont have to pay their RTO charges(other than minimal temp passing). Also, there is much better chances of negotiation at your end because you can contact any number of dealers that you want which will put you in advantage.
I know this since I bought my Renault Lodgy last month from ahmedabad whereas I belong to Delhi. The registration has to be done within one month so take care of that.

All the very best for your new car
If I do that I will have to pay an entry tax of 14.5% in my state and then the registration charges on top of it. That will escalate the overall cost. So will get it registered there only. Thanks bro
Old 20th November 2016, 18:04   #5465

Hello Fellow BHPians, I recently got my duster serviced at ~61,000kms at NCR motors, Gurgaon(First time dealing with this workshop). Now I was expecting some major charges because brake pads etc were all due for replacement(they have never been replaced before). Grand total came out to 38,000/- including everything.

Your thoughts whether the charges are appropriate? Any one who recently got their 50-60k major servicing done? Attaching the service bill, its a Dec 2012 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dusterservicebill.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dusterservicebill_001.jpg  

Old 20th November 2016, 19:55   #5466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians, I recently got my duster serviced at ~61,000kms at NCR motors, Gurgaon(First time dealing with this workshop). Now I was expecting some major charges because brake pads etc were all due for replacement(they have never been replaced before). Grand total came out to 38,000/- including everything.

Your thoughts whether the charges are appropriate? Any one who recently got their 50-60k major servicing done? Attaching the service bill, its a Dec 2012 model.
I can see item# 11 and item# 16, together costing more than 14K INR. Why was the belt tensioner kit and ABS-shock replaced?
Old 20th November 2016, 21:07   #5467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
Grand total came out to 38,000/- including everything.
So many replacements at 60k itself.
Did they discuss all these items when you dropped the car? Was the estimate so high?

Rs. 200+ to replace viper blades. Just jaw dropping. That gives us an indication how jacked up the labour costs are.
Old 20th November 2016, 21:27   #5468

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I can see item# 11 and item# 16, together costing more than 14K INR. Why was the belt tensioner kit and ABS-shock replaced?
Belt tensioner was part of the standard 60k servicing, it is displayed on a board at the workshop and comes up again at 120k.
I was told shocks had lost their travel range and had almost bottomed out.

I did ask for all the old components to be returned after replacement, which they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
So many replacements at 60k itself.
Did they discuss all these items when you dropped the car? Was the estimate so high?

Rs. 200+ to replace viper blades. Just jaw dropping. That gives us an indication how jacked up the labour costs are.
I was told that the 60k and 120k are major servicing intervals, every component that wasnt part of the standard replacement period(60k in this case) was confirmed over the phone. I have to be honest the service advisor was in contact with me on a regular basis and promptly acted on issues raised by me, so this whole episode was a pleasant one, minus the charges of course. He told me initially to expect a bill of around 25,000.

But yes I was quite taken aback by the high labour charges.
superdunkaroos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 10:23   #5469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The sad thing is that the clutch just packs up completely without warning. In come cases you will feel the jerking when it slips as you start moving from stopping.

Apparently the 85ps version and the 110 4WD version,k doesn't have this design/problem where the fly wheel has to changed.

82K is respectable for Clutch. However, the problem is that all Duster 110 requires flywheel to be changed along with clutch. We generally don't have to do this for most vehicles. That is why the cost is outrageous.
I got the shock today morning from the silk board, Bangalore service center that my clutch assembly is gone . They have to replace the clutch plates and few other parts. Estimate only for parts is 22000 plus taxes and labor.
I own the 85PS and it is only 32000 on odo. The problem I am having is following:

When the car is parked for a few hours, the gear stick refuses to move when I start the car and it only changes gears if I switch the engine off. After running a km or so, it is absolutely fine.
I had reported a similar problem last year at 20000 km and they were supposed to replace some part in the assembly(I think gear Shift). They did not have the part available and were supposed to call me once it was available but I never received that call. They did some oiling and stuff and said it should work fine anyway. I didn't follow up much with them since it was running fine but I started facing this problem in last 1000 kms or so.

Now they are saying both the issues are unrelated and it seems I might have to shell out something north of Rs 30k.

Friends please guide if there is anything I can do here.
Old 21st November 2016, 11:40   #5470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
I own the 85PS and it is only 32000 on odo. The problem I am having is following:

Friends please guide if there is anything I can do here.
All Duster's comes with standard 2 years or 40,000 km warranty. You must be covered under the warranty scheme in the first place. Haven't you purchased the extended warranty ? Clutch failure at 32,000 km cannot be normal wear and tear stuff; Why is it that you're being charged here ?

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 21st November 2016 at 11:42.
Old 21st November 2016, 11:45   #5471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
All Duster's comes with standard 2 years or 40,000 km warranty. You must be covered under the warranty scheme in the first place. Haven't you purchased the extended warranty ? Clutch failure at 32,000 km cannot be normal wear and tear stuff; Why is it that you're being charged here ?
Mine is 2 years and 7 days but I have extended warranty till 4 years and 1 lakh kms.
The service Adviser said it is normal wear and tear due to the driving style.
Old 21st November 2016, 12:04   #5472
BHPian

done the booking last week.

Model: Duster 110 PS RXZ (Advendure, 4x4 )
Color: While
Dealer: Trident Renault, Sadhashivnagar, Bangalore

Bangalore OTR: 17,32,957/-

Discounts: No discounts for Advendure editon :(

Delivery on 24th November

Delear accesories : Spoiler, Scuff plates and body cover

Last edited by Mr.Bangalore : 21st November 2016 at 12:06.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 12:10   #5473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
done the booking last week.

Model: Duster 110 PS RXZ (Advendure, 4x4 )
Color: While
Dealer: Trident Renault, Sadhashivnagar, Bangalore

Bangalore OTR: 17,32,957/-

Discounts: No discounts for Advendure editon :(

Delivery on 24th November

Delear accesories : Spoiler, Scuff plates and body cover
Hey Congrats on your booking.

Need help. Can you let me know which dealer in Bangalore you booked and what were the discounts for 110 PS 4*2. My friend is looking to book one.

Thanks.
KK
Old 21st November 2016, 12:35   #5474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hey Congrats on your booking.

Need help. Can you let me know which dealer in Bangalore you booked and what were the discounts for 110 PS 4*2. My friend is looking to book one.

Thanks.
KK
Hello KK,

I have booked through following dealer
RENAULT Palace Orchards - BANGALORE

Service Advisor : Mahesh 73537 53036

Cheers,
Naveen
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:53   #5475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
What I understand from reading a few articles is that clutch parts don't come under warranty. Following parts are going to be replaced:

Clutch plate
Pressure plates
Cylinder Sleeve(??) or slave?
Clutch pedal
Clutch Fluid

Out of these Clutch pedal and Fluid will be under warranty. There is no issue with Clutch cable. Total cost will be upto 25k including taxes and labor(waiting for the detailed estimation).

Now my questions are, one how do I make sure that they have diagnosed the problem correctly and replacing the right stuff and I will not face this problem in near future, two are they charging me correct amount for these parts.
Also, lets assume that my driving style was the problem( although this is my third vehicle and I didn't face any clutch issues in my last two) what should I improve upon to make sure I don't face the same problem in another 30k kms.

Last edited by SinghP09 : 21st November 2016 at 13:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks