Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 12:42   #301
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

First of all thanks to hari for sending me an invite for the exclusive preview of the yet to be launched Tata Safari Storme in Bangalore.

My impressions.

+ve
===
- Turning radius of 5.4m.
- Gear shifts short and smooth.
- Electrically Adjustable Side-View Mirrors.
- Seating comforts.
- Projector headlamps.
- Read disk brake.
- Handling and Braking is better than the previous gen safari but cannot be compared to sedans.
- ABS on all variants is a good move by tata.

-ve
===
- Last row is strictly for kids.
- Being in the territory of XUV they should have given ESP.
- No automatic gearbox.
- No sun roof.
- No back seat recline even after 14yrs life span of safari.
- No place to keep basic water bottles near driver seat.
- Pathetic arm rest for driver seat.
- They should have offered 4wd for the base version as well just like what mahindra did for scorpio.

After taking test drive of both new and old gen safari, I like driving the old gen safari as the power delivery is linear compared to storme where power comes only after 2000rpm.

Little hopes i had on buying an SUV are erased when i took storme on highways for following reasons
- Rear lifts up in emergency braking above 120kmph.
- Takes 15sec to reach 0-100kmph
- You cant swerve to left/right immediately like sedans.

Few pictures
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_3929.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_3932.jpg

Our in house Storme expert.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_3934.jpg
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 13:12   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The front seats lacked support and the seat-bottom was quite short and as a result, I found the back of my knees a fair distance from the edge of the seat.
I agree. The seat feels "hard" (not like that of the Dicor). The seat is also short, so for a 6 footer like me with normal torso-leg ratio, a significant part of the upper thigh above the knee is unsupported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Another example, take the drivers seat. For first 20kms it was not very good, but once we did 300kms we realized there is no dearth of comfort and it does not cause fatitgue. But for many this new seat is horrendous.
tsk, pawan, as owners of the Dicor, could both of you please compare the two seats please? (I am actually wondering whether it would be possible - and not too expensive - to get the Dicor seat for the Storme)

tsk, is the Storme seat actually more ergonomic/comfortable than the Dicor seat over longer distances? Is it because it is "harder" or is it something to do with the contours?

Another thing I noticed was about the seat height adjustment. With the steering all the way up. At the highest position of the seat, even with the seat all the way back, it was impossible for me to climb into the car behind the wheel. Or get to the pedals without fouling with the wheel. Which is a pity because the lowest position of the seat does not quite have the same imposing feel of the highest position. I also noticed the slant in the seat base on increasing its height as tsk mentioned. Weird. Why does the entire base not rise in parallel to the floor? On sitting and adjusting, it feels as if the back is rising and the seat is actually moving forward (which probably means one would need to readjust the backrest once the height adjstment is done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
- Pathetic arm rest for driver seat.

I found it the same. For some reason the driver arm rest of the three Stormes I saw and sat in recently at the dealer (one customer delivery ready, one showroom display, and one test car) all were drooping (in comparison to the co-driver seat's armrest) and there was no way to adjust the position. So for all intents and purposes, the armrest might as well have not been there, as it was too low to rest my arm on, and I landed up placing my arm on my thighs as I do in my Baleno. The arm rests of the Aria driver seat are so much better! (wish there was a way to fit them to the Storme seat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
First gear, we got started and my first question to the sales guy

"Is the storme really this loud and crude, or is it this vehicle ?

He said "Oh sir, maybe you drive a swift diesel hence you find this loud and crude'

Ah well could be.
I would not agree to the "crude" part (I actually felt it to be smoother and significantly more responsive than that of the Aria I test drove just before that), but even I felt the engine was a tad loud inside the cabin (especially on acceleration), even with all the glasses rolled up. This was especially apparent in comparison to the Aria on back to back test drives. And this is funny, because as someone else has mentioned, the horn is hardly heard inside. The loudness is not obtrusive really. Just wondering if it would get so over longer drives.

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2013 at 09:48. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 7th January 2013, 13:20   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I would not agree to the "crude" part (I actually felt it to be smoother and significantly more responsive to the Aria I just test drove before that), but even I felt the engine was a tad loud inside the cabin (especially on acceleration), even with all the glasses rolled up. This was especially apparent in comparison to the Aria on back to back test drives. And this is funny, because as someone else has mentioned, the horn is hardly heard inside. The loudness is not obtrusive really. Just wondering if it would get so over longer drives.
Well, I drive a Swift Diesel and this was my first actual SUV drive, hence the crude engine comment. I am used to a somewhat silent diesel engine. Let me give you an example of what the engine noise sounded like to my ears while accelerating.

1st gear--> Accelerator--> grd grrd grrrrrrdr grrrrrrrrd grrrrrrrrrrrd rrrrrrrrrr---> 3 thousand rpm--> LOUD --> Strained--> change

In the Swift--> there is no grrrdddd while accelerating, its only ..silent silent silent --> 2000--> vrrrrrrrrrommmmmmmmmm --> 3400--> Okay strained, time to change

Maybe I need to drive more SUV's to know what is silentish and not crude in SUV terms
Old 7th January 2013, 13:30   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Well, I drive a Swift Diesel and this was my first actual SUV drive, hence the crude engine comment. I am used to a somewhat silent diesel engine. Let me give you an example of what the engine noise sounded like to my ears while accelerating.

1st gear--> Accelerator--> grd grrd grrrrrrdr grrrrrrrrd grrrrrrrrrrrd rrrrrrrrrr---> 3 thousand rpm--> LOUD --> Strained--> change

In the Swift--> there is no grrrdddd while accelerating, its only ..silent silent silent --> 2000--> vrrrrrrrrrommmmmmmmmm --> 3400--> Okay strained, time to change

Maybe I need to drive more SUV's to know what is silentish and not crude in SUV terms
I'm not an SUV guy myself bro. Been driving a Baleno recently, and before that an Esteem, a Zen (which I still drive off and on), and a Uno.

The first thing both my wife and I immediately noticed when we hopped into the Stome from the Aria was the low down response (the Aria had more of a lag) and the slickness of the gearbox and the clutch.

I do not know whether it was because the Storme was a 1000 kms old and the Aria had much more on the clock, but the Aria did not even climb the ghat (Bapdev ghat ahead of upper Kondhwa for the Puneites here) especially some particularly tight and steep switchbacks as well as the Storme. While the Storme did most in 3rd and only once in 2nd (6 people on board), the Aria almost always lost steam in 3rd and once even came to a crawl in 2nd.

Even the steering feels much lighter and the whole car in general feels more nimble and "light" than the Aria, though visually the impression is that the Storme is "bigger" (must be the height and the imposing flat bonnet).

Disclaimer: Could well be my sedan driving style admittedly.

Last edited by ebonho : 7th January 2013 at 13:32.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:30   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
tsk, pawan, as owners of the Dicor, could both of you please compare the two seats please? (I am actually wondering whether it would be possible - and not too expensive - to get the Dicor seat for the Storme).
1. It is slightly higher. When set to lowest position, it is higher than the lowest position of old 2.2. I have not sat in LX version, but if LX version seat sits higher than the lowest position of the VX, it would get uncomfortable
2. Its harder. But then everybody goes and fits in seat covers and over time seats get softer
3. Ergonomics are similar. Over time it will not give you additional aches and pains. Underthigh support is lacking same as the 2.2. I had to go in for extra padding in my 2.,2 to get more underthigh support on the front seats.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 13:45   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1. It is slightly higher. When set to lowest position, it is higher than the lowest position of old 2.2. I have not sat in LX version, but if LX version seat sits higher than the lowest position of the VX, it would get uncomfortable
2. Its harder. But then everybody goes and fits in seat covers and over time seats get softer
3. Ergonomics are similar. Over time it will not give you additional aches and pains. Underthigh support is lacking same as the 2.2. I had to go in for extra padding in my 2.,2 to get more underthigh support on the front seats.
I would completely agree with you on the the seating position, by doing that it feels as if the steering is taking rest on the drivers thighs.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:36   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The 3rd row seating remains same is now much more cramped.
Surprised to hear this actually. Because two different sales guys (National and Concorde) said that one of the small changes between the Dicor and the Storme was a small amount of extra space (a little more than a hand width) between the edge of the jump seats and the tailgate in the Storme.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:40   #308
Senior - BHPian

Managed to have a good look at the Storme at Tafe reach today. Man!! what a looker. Completely bowled over by the looks. It definetly looks far better in flesh than in the photos. I like the new look for sure. Test drive was not available. Might get one today evening or tomorow. Hence the observations below are purely upon visual inspection of a Vx version and my own thoughts ( prejudices if you may call it if you want ).

Good things:

1) LOOKS --LOOKS--LOOKS
In pearl while its a real looker. With some dark tints ( illegal ) it should look wicked

2) Body cladding quality was very good but... ( more on that below )

3) Seats good ( but they always were ... so whats new ? )

4) plastic quality as everyone commented is better but.... ( more on that below )

5) Large front door pockets and the bottle holder looks big enough to handle 1 lit bottles comfortably . Not sure why some members commented that this is lacking. I forgot to check whether there was a under seat storage tray.

Bad things :

1) Body cladding had some beading material between itself and the metal body which was coming out in places already !

2) near the wheel arches, it was not a smooth curve and cladding was jutting out in places making it not a perfect curve ( I know I am nit picking here )

3) What a waste of the 3rd row. Atleast Tata could have given 2 front facing seats. the side facing ones are totally useless

4) rear door is still heavy and required a push with 2 hands to close. Even after that the gap was wide enough to suggest the door had not closed !

5) Plastic quality - a/c vents, a/c vent outer plastic ( the silvery one ) , the markings on the rotary dials all suggested that it was not very well thought out. I mean, some one could have just paid more attention ( than more money ) to get a better finish.

6) Arm rest was already sagging down and looked flimsy. Tata could have considered a large central arm rest over the hand brake. Dealer confirmed it cant be retrofitted in an LX

7) Finally digest this - The version I saw was a Vx as I mentioned earlier but had the Ex badging ! The print out thats stuck on the rear glass said Vx and the features also pertained to a Vx. The dealer had written with a chalk "Vx" near the Ex badging.

Anyway this shouldnt influence anyones buying decision for sure

Finally, the Storme is definetly going to be a "heart" decision which is a bad thing in certain ways

1) Not many will buy it
2) For this reason Tata will slash prices/give discounts/add new features at same price and all those gimmicks in the next 6-12 months
3) Storme will continue to be a depreciation disaster like the Safari when your neighbour who bought the Scorpio would get maybe 30-40% more than what you get for your Storme despite paying less upfront ( comparing Lx and Sle ). This is my view and dont come asking for proof/data
4) Finally the Storme has achieved little over the Safari when you compare the time it has taken for it to come. This should have been THE SAFARI 2-3 years back. Once you buy it, later this year, you will most likely curse yourself when the next gen Scorpio will come out moving the benchmarks to a different level all together !

Anyway will wait for a detailed TD before making a decision

More importantly the sales person was not taken aback when I asked him about discounts. He said things can be worked out. In fact he stated that Rs30k exchange bonus is already available. Didnt know that till he mentioned.

Last edited by narayan : 7th January 2013 at 14:43.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:33   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Surprised to hear this actually. Because two different sales guys (National and Concorde) said that one of the small changes between the Dicor and the Storme was a small amount of extra space (a little more than a hand width) between the edge of the jump seats and the tailgate in the Storme.
Storme headroom is lower than Dicor by 2-3 inches in the jump seat area. I was able to comfortably sit in Dicor jump seats but my head was touching the roof in Storme (I am 5' 10"). This is due to the moving of tail gate mounted spare tire under the body.

Now jump seats are only for kids or people with less height, as this new design takes away some vital head room area just in case some adult passengers want to sit on them for a short journey.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 7th January 2013 at 15:36.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:57   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Storme headroom is lower than Dicor by 2-3 inches in the jump seat area. I was able to comfortably sit in Dicor jump seats but my head was touching the roof in Storme (I am 5' 10"). This is due to the moving of tail gate mounted spare tire under the body.

Now jump seats are only for kids or people with less height, as this new design takes away some vital head room area just in case some adult passengers want to sit on them for a short journey.
Thanks Deepak - I did not know that.

I am 6 feet tall and am miserable in both with my back hunched, the head touching the curved wall (not the roof), and my knees to my chest.

One brilliant piece of advice given to me by ACM was to take my entire family for the test drive/s to get different perspectives.

The kids loved the fold flat football field sized bed that folding the middle and third rows of the Aria gave them. However, while sitting cross legged, the roof was almost touching the head of my 6 foot son.

What was more illuminating was the fact that my daughters (11 and 6) who would have the misfortune of being sent to the back row if and when we have 7 people withing, actually prefeered the Storme over the Aria.

My elder daughter was very uncomfortable (and claustrophobic) in the Aria's 3rd front facing row - with no leg room at all. Also, the lesser headroom in comparison to the roomy airy Storme seems to be a factor.

My younger daughter though enjoyed sitting on the small platform like thing for the third row glass.

Umpteen ingress/egress into the middle row from the third row were tried over the middle row bench in both cars with the car on the move at a slow clip. Essential during long drives.

They both really like the individual pillar mounted A/C vents for the third row in the Aria - and surprisingly even with the setting on No. 3 said that they were not getting much A/C from the roof mounted A/C of the Storme.

The verdict on the middle row was unanimous - with my son stretching out like on a sofa to demonstrate his happines with the Storme.

The preferred configuartion worked out in the Storme was the 60 (of the 60:40 middle row bench) folded away against the first row seats, as well as the corresponding side jump seat folded up, with my son reclining full length on the floor (head propped on his mom's bag), and my daughters using the remaining 3rd row space as a play area - with either the second jump seat folded up or down depending on their mood.

Tried the same configuration with the single 40 part of the middle row folded away, but somehow the former was the preferred option.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:50   #311

Concorde Motors called said The Beast awaits me on the 9th in Cochin. Will link back one I drive the car out of the showroom. The local SA told me the PDI is being monitored by people from the head Office Is there anything I should look out for before taking delivery..
Old 7th January 2013, 20:41   #312
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The kids loved the fold flat football field sized bed that folding the middle and third rows of the Aria gave them. However, while sitting cross legged, the roof was almost touching the head of my 6 foot son.

What was more illuminating was the fact that my daughters (11 and 6) who would have the misfortune of being sent to the back row if and when we have 7 people withing, actually prefeered the Storme over the Aria.

My elder daughter was very uncomfortable (and claustrophobic) in the Aria's 3rd front facing row - with no leg room at all. Also, the lesser headroom in comparison to the roomy airy Storme seems to be a factor.

My younger daughter though enjoyed sitting on the small platform like thing for the third row glass.

Umpteen ingress/egress into the middle row from the third row were tried over the middle row bench in both cars with the car on the move at a slow clip. Essential during long drives.

They both really like the individual pillar mounted A/C vents for the third row in the Aria - and surprisingly even with the setting on No. 3 said that they were not getting much A/C from the roof mounted A/C of the Storme.

The preferred configuartion worked out in the Storme was the 60 (of the 60:40 middle row bench) folded away against the first row seats, as well as the corresponding side jump seat folded up, with my son reclining full length on the floor (head propped on his mom's bag), and my daughters using the remaining 3rd row space as a play area - with either the second jump seat folded up or down depending on their mood.

Tried the same configuration with the single 40 part of the middle row folded away, but somehow the former was the preferred option.
Don't know if you tried it or not but the Aria middle row slides forward (besides reclining) unlike in the Storme so if one does actually occupy the last row the middle row seat must be slid forward (not recline but slide) to the max forward position, so that there is a fair bit more leg room in the rear and the seat does not feel claustrophobic.

Also the Aria last row seats head rest need to be raised up for the seats to be comfortable. - Should have given this info to you earlier but it missed my mind.

Have travelled for medium distances in the city with 2 medium sized or 3 small sized adults or 3 children in the last row but always with the middle row seat slid the max forward and with the head rest raised. I do remember that the people had complained a lot when the head rest was not raised as one then got totally pushed towards the front seat.

Also in the Aria the 60 side seat will NOT fully fold (will go flat but not forward) due to the middle seat of the middle row hitting the lower AC vents between the front seats. Hence entry and exit to the last row must be from the 40 percent side only. As such as per Indian regulations and the from the point of view of which side of the road we drive this is the correct side.

There is a lot that one figures out in the vehicles after extensive usage only and if infact not even mentioned in the user manuals.

Yep going with the family was the right idea.

My family is max a 6 person thing presently with just one Kid so either vehicle would work for me, have used the last row only for taking something like 10 kids or going as a group of 7-8 adults with office colleagues for lunch outings on special days.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 22:33   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabu View Post
Concorde Motors called said The Beast awaits me on the 9th in Cochin. Will link back one I drive the car out of the showroom. The local SA told me the PDI is being monitored by people from the head Office Is there anything I should look out for before taking delivery..
Congrats Sabu!!!. are you buying 4X4 or 4X2? . I also booked one in cochin. waiting for the same. let us know your experience of buying and how storme performances.
g_prajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 11:25   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

As part of the Pre-Launch for the Safari Storme in Bangalore organized by Prerana Motors in association with Tata, I had the opportunity to take the test drive during the event held on 5th January where I also got a chance to meet lot many members from Team-BHP face to face.

There was a display vehicle in white while there were 2 TD Stormes sporting the all new Urban Bronze shade which is perhaps IMO the best looking color for the Storme.

Upon taking a thorough look at the Storme in display there were quite a lot of things that caught my attention:
  • A more horizontal bonnet (Than the little slanted in the 2.2 DICOR) and the result of this was evident when I drove the SUV later and could see the bonnet from the driver’s seat in a better manner than the 2.2 DICOR
  • Paint quality is definitely better
  • Projector Headlamps added a menacing look to the beast without doubts
  • There were enough places (behind the fender) where Tata has spent a lot of effort by installing damping material to reduce wind noise protruding into the cabin through the front doors.
  • The overall fit and finish of the Plastics were pertinent, better and had absolutely nothing to complain about
  • Usage of Chrome (Front and Rear) was generous as it was evident instantly
  • Rear Discs along with calipers visible through the alloys now enhance the overall looks of the SUV

Driving Impressions:

I had a chance to first occupy the second row seat (I am 6’3”) when a few members drove and during the second run, I managed to occupy the co-driver’s seat as well the driver’s seat. Here are my observations & impressions from a driver/passenger’s perspective:
  • The Engine noise for sure had reduced inside the cabin and I could feel it upon the first crank and when I let the engine Idle and then gradually revved higher through the gears during the Test drive.
  • The road we had to take to reach the main highway (New Airport Road) had a very small bad patch and the Storme never made me (or the other occupants) feel it even while we crawled over it at less than 20kmph.
  • On the highway the Storme’s 140 Horses under the hood ensured cruising at 120-140kmph remained a cakewalk with nothing but the speedo needle giving a hint of speeds we did for a brief period. It goes to show that enough has been done in the NVH department.
  • The ladder-frame chassis effect was apparent as we deliberately passed the vehicle at good speeds over a few undulations atop certain over-bridges and the Storme managed to maintain its lane without bouncing in a haywire fashion.
  • The best part was the braking which has improved by leaps and bounds and imparts a whole lot of confidence in the driver for typical Indian highway hazardous situations. Disc Brakes on all 4 wheels along with ABS was certainly something the beast always missed earlier. We tried screeching to halt by slamming the brakes at speeds between 120-140kmph and except for the obvious sudden deceleration we could only realize the Storme came to halt almost immediately.
  • We tried the 40kmph-120kmph run in 5th gear and could always feel the grunt of the engine helping the 2 Tonner reach the 3 digit number with ease. In between, the engine did feel coarse over a few seconds but I would still not relate that to refinement levels as we were almost lugging the engine at that time
  • The Dynamics of the Storme on the highway if not car like (I must be nuts in comparing a Taller SUV weighing 2 Tons to behave like car in first place) was absolutely improved and it felt planted during those quick maneuvers of overtaking and lane changes. Of course, you cannot expect to continuously indulge in zig-zagging your way past traffic like a hot hatch or a low slung sedan.

What I missed/could have been better:
  • The absence of MID which almost everyone was expecting in the Storme when many other Tata cars already have it.
  • When you relate the Storme to a beast, the tiny looking Single DIN player sitting in the middle of the Dashboard certainly hinted at dated pick of equipment for ICE (the speakers certainly sounded better though).
  • It would be a matter of time till a driver gets used to controlling of ICE from the stalks below the steering but how I wish there were steering mounted controls.
  • For my need of traveling with 4 adults and a kid, I still crave for a front facing third row seating in the Storme.
  • I was driving wearing usual sports shoes and my left leg toe brushed against the lower dashboard every time I released the clutch for a changing gears. I heard the same from my friend in Pune who already owns the Storme now. I may not be a huge fan of dead pedal but a generous foot-well is certainly missing from the Storme

Overall, the Storme is an evolution of the Safari and it would not have made any sense for TATA to kill its original USP (beasty looks) in any manner. The way they have tried hard to carve out a new Safari retaining most of its earlier avatar is totally understood from a buyer’s perspective who would buy the Storme only because it is still a Safari.

At the event, there were comparisons on how M&M could bring in a product like XUV and how TATA could still not surprise the crowd with the Storme but it was common sense when the folks out there said that Storme is not a new product but essentially the next Generation Safari else why would they call it “Safari Storme”. It retains the same 2.2 Liter engine which is now called VARICOR due to its nature of placement under the hood (no more placed at an angle).

It was great to meet and drive along with many BHPian friends : Srihari,Pavan, Anuj, Sushrutha, Addy, Lohit, Chandan. I think most of the crowd present there were from Team-Bhp and I too wondered if I had to introduce myself as "From Team-Bhp" or "from Bengaluru" since we all represented the most common platform which brought us all together : Passion for Driving!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th January 2013 at 11:32.
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 11:38   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Don't know if you tried it or not but the Aria middle row slides forward (besides reclining) unlike in the Storme so if one does actually occupy the last row the middle row seat must be slid forward (not recline but slide) to the max forward position, so that there is a fair bit more leg room in the rear and the seat does not feel claustrophobic.
Yup, this was the feedback with the middle row slid all the way forward. With it all the way back, her legs were totally squashed. She (older daughter) is around 5'3". Though to be fair, even her 6' brother insisted on plonking down on the last row just to "test ride" it. LOL

Quote:
Also the Aria last row seats head rest need to be raised up for the seats to be comfortable. - Should have given this info to you earlier but it missed my mind.

Have travelled for medium distances in the city with 2 medium sized or 3 small sized adults or 3 children in the last row but always with the middle row seat slid the max forward and with the head rest raised. I do remember that the people had complained a lot when the head rest was not raised as one then got totally pushed towards the front seat.
Yeah, I too remember remember reading that earlier somewhere here on Team BHP itself, but it slipped my mind too during the test. Both my daughters complained about the "poky" headrests.

Quote:
There is a lot that one figures out in the vehicles after extensive usage only and if infact not even mentioned in the user manuals.

Yep going with the family was the right idea.
Absolutely. And I was surprised by how technical and opinionated even a 6 year old can be!

To be honest, I wish I could have the Aria "inside" fitted to the Storme (especially the A/C configuration and central console/ICE) ....

But what decided things was that (1) Both my wife and I found the Storme engine to be more responsive and better car overall to drive, and (2) Both my wife and I agreed that the Storme was the better looking car.

The above coupled with (3) the fact that the girls were more comfortable with the Storme's 3rd row.

Quote:
My family is max a 6 person thing presently with just one Kid so either vehicle would work for me, have used the last row only for taking something like 10 kids or going as a group of 7-8 adults with office colleagues for lunch outings on special days.
As I told you before, even in my case, on weekdays it will be doing office commute duty, and on most weekends, it will be just 5 of us (3 adults and 2 kids).

A few times a year when I need it to be a 7 seater (with my parents too on board), the kids will have to move back + some arrangement for luggage will have to be arranged in the form of a roof rack or one of those boat type things.

Are those boat type things really big enough to fit typical Indian family bags? It offers better weather protection and is more aerodynamic for sure though. Is it a better option that the M-tex type top racks (very ugly man )?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks