Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 11:12   #916
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think we will do more than 40k in 4 years, and hence 4 yrs 50k should make more sense. The only thing that I am thinking of is the high difference between these two. The 4/50k package will also cover the 45k service.

Got to check the recommended replacements @45k service.
Safari's experience - Recommended replacement would charge you around Rs.10-15K based on normal or synthetic oil that you go in for. Thats the reason, I say 4yr/50K Gold AMC makes better sense than its 4yr/40K plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The reason why I feel 4 years/40K kms makes more sense than the 4 years/50K kms Gold plan is that there is a difference of 19K bucks between the two.

The extra stuff in the Gold plan over the Silver plan (i.e. clutch, brake, wipers) is subject to adjudication by the Tata Motors Warranty/Claims/Value Care team. In short, it depends greatly on your rapport, persuasion skills, and is not a given.

The final clincher is for those like me who may not touch 50K kms in 4 years (depending on my past car mileage histories), the time term will arrive first, and I would have paid the 19K extra for no added benefit.

Thats my thought process on this issue.
@Ebonho, you are spot ON about the personal relationship and as long as we dont pick up fights with the service manager/advisor, they will make sure to get us the maximum benefits.

As a matter of fact, all these 3 were changed/covered for me in the 4yr/40K Gold AMC plan.

This is special about TATA and most other Indian companies. The MNC's go straight as per their paper/agreement since they trust their machines more than people [users] saying its "abnormal" usage and not covered in AMC/warranty.

While TATA covered me the maximum till date under warranty/AMC, Bridgestone shew me one small wall scratch and said "not covered under warranty" when my tire ran less than 7K KMs.

In addition, we should be aware that 4yr/40K does NOT take care of 3yr/45K service even though the ODO might have run less than 40K on 3yr service.
Similarly, 4yr/50K will NOT cover 4yr/60K service since the AMC is covered only till 50K KMs service, but not 60K service list.

This is where I had to pay for my 3yr/45K service a couple of months ago since I had 4yr/40K plan.

Hence, suggesting 4yr/50K gold AMC.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 22:15   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Storme AMC packages

The general opinion is to go for 4 yrs /50k km. I guess most of us will do that kind of running.

Extract from the AMC booklet:

Silver:
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-amcsilver.jpg

Gold:
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-amcgold.jpg

The key point is: Labour & consumables are covered, as per service schedule. This includes even wear & tear parts like Clutch, brakes, wipers etc (in Gold)

Btw, thanks to the follow up by Karthik, Dy Manager at Prerana, we found that there is another Gold package availble for 4 yrs/ 60k. This is priced at ..... Rs. 71.2k. Any takers ?
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:01   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Audio for the EX

Storme owners:

have any of you upgraded the audio, esp the speakers ? I found the SQ okay at low volumes, but beyond that the stock speakers are just not good enough.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:49   #919
BHPian

A friend has changed the front speakers to Polk components and has found considerable difference in sound quality. He spent close to 10k for the pair. Since most of the time he drives alone, didnt change the rear ones. I had read on TAI that someone manage to install a double din system in his storme though he refused to tell how or put up any photos! Is this possible? How?
On another note, what is the ideal tire pressure for the storme? I am running on nitrogen and keep it at 34 across. Get a little bumpy ride.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:06   #920
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audio for the EX

Quote:
Storme owners:

have any of you upgraded the audio, esp the speakers ? I found the SQ okay at low volumes, but beyond that the stock speakers are just not good enough.
Same speakers as this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Some pix while the installation was done.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-beast.html

Get damping and good speakers ( as of now ).

Or is the door plastic better made and damped?

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd May 2013 at 14:08.
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:09   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Storme owners:

For the rear, I would suggest a pair of 9" X 6" Oval speakers [Pioneer or Xplod]. I am running with Xplod 50W RMS. The only consideration is to put the Oval speakers on a wooden box that would boost the bass level too !
My 9" X 6" Xplod oval is running for the past 5 years and am satisfied with its performance for all low/mid/high decibels/frequencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
On another note, what is the ideal tire pressure for the storme? I am running on nitrogen and keep it at 34 across. Get a little bumpy ride.
32 should be good and the drive would be much better than 34 in my experience on Safari, should be the same on STORME.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:44   #922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
For the rear, I would suggest a pair of 9" X 6" Oval speakers ..
Looking for stock looks. Any changes must be inside, invisible
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:15   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Storme owners:

A six channel amp with components front and back along with a suitable sub should do the needful. Damping of doors will enhance the listening pleasure.

A 4 channel amp can suffice if you do not need very involved music at the rear.

This is based on my safari's setup.
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:26   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
This is based on my safari's setup.
@Srini, thanks, but I am specifically looking at feedback for the Storme.

Importantly, I want the speaker size - is it 6" or 6.5" ?
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:29   #925
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Ride on 33. - But try to get as close to a genuine 33 as possible.

Nitrogen or not will not affect the pressure requirement for ride comfort.

On a side note about the Gold and Silver Packs. I wonder how it goes if the user wants to get his car serviced at intervals of 10,000 kms instead of 15,000. They do mention in the manual that for dusty environment and stop go traffic the vehicle may need to be serviced any time between 7500 and 15,000 kms. I have been getting my Aria serviced at 10,000kms with natural oil (what it came with by default), the SA too suggested that I do it around 10,000 kms. The suggestion will change if I have this gold or silver service pack?
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:41   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nitrogen or not will not affect the pressure requirement for ride comfort.
Correct, it should not affect so.

Quote:
On a side note about the Gold and Silver Packs. I wonder how it goes if the user wants to get his car serviced at intervals of 10,000 kms instead of 15,000.
How dusty ? Are you driving in dust-storm areas ?

Btw, the AMC limits benefits to limited number of services, and hence replacements, and IMO, based on standard service intervals.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:04   #927
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How dusty ? Are you driving in dust-storm areas ?

Btw, the AMC limits benefits to limited number of services, and hence replacements, and IMO, based on standard service intervals.
Nope just Dust Storm, Mumbai - Actually my intervals have been 11,000kms and I just took a mean between 7,500 and 15,000. The drive is Highways, and stop go traffic both. As per the SA 15,000 kms is for conditions of highways drive most of the time.

There is a line of though on the forum that one must just conform to the given limits - but what if this impacts the engine and this is seen post the warranty period mainly.

There are those who state that for Indian conditions 10,000 kms is the most reasonable interval for Diesel Common Rail Engines.

There are also those others who feel 15,000 kms is fine if one is using Synthetic Oil and 10,000 kms if one is using Natural Oil.

I am more or less taking the mean path.

Right now would do 30,000 kms each year though.

Since the Aria and Storme engine and Gearbox is more or less identical I guess the same rules apply.
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:49   #928
BHPian

Quote:
...the SA too suggested that I do it around 10,000 kms. The suggestion will change if I have this gold or silver service pack?
I would suggest 4yr/40K Gold AMC if the above is officially documented.
In fact, I was just about 40K KMs on my 3yr service, but, I never have seen nor anyone told me about 10/20/30/40K service for dust-storme road which I am sure Bangalore would qualify the first !

Prem.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:19   #929
Team-BHP Support

Please do not do hanky panky with service intervals if you want extended warranty
At the time of claim, the guy will simply check if you have done regular services and all things desired in regular services
For example
If you have done
1000,15000,30000,45000.... its okay
But if its
1000,10000,20000,30000,40000,50000 - The guy will say
You missed 15K and 45K service, not warranty for you.

If you really want to do more frequent services then do it at every 7500kms
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:53   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Please do not do hanky panky with service intervals if you want extended warranty
At the time of claim, the guy will simply check if you have done regular services and all things desired in regular services
For example
If you have done
1000,15000,30000,45000.... its okay
But if its
1000,10000,20000,30000,40000,50000 - The guy will say
You missed 15K and 45K service, not warranty for you.

If you really want to do more frequent services then do it at every 7500kms
I agree with you completely.
I have a story to update on my thread, of course about my trips in the last 4 months, then the recent service/repair expenses [covered by TML]. just not getting the time and of course, I do have few questions and hoping to get them [a few at least] clarified

Prem.

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2013 at 16:17. Reason: Sorry, we don't permit discussions on brand-specific meetings

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks