Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 16:56   #1216
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Finally bit the "bullet" - hope it doesn't turn out to be a timebomb. Lx it is.
So you did it finally. What color have you chosen? Did they have any display LXs at the showroom?
Congrats and keep us posted...!!
Old 14th July 2013, 17:16   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So you did it finally. What color have you chosen? Did they have any display LXs at the showroom?
Congrats and keep us posted...!!
Dev - I booked a Pearl white. Would have loved to book the Urban Bronze but stretching to the Ex just for the colour didn't make sense. No they don't display the Lx in the showroom but brought a car from their yard. Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me. Now I just need to figure out a solution for the arm rest problem
Old 14th July 2013, 17:38   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

PW was my first choice too, then decided for the Pearl Champagne.
Quote:
Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me.
Mainly because of the dark dashboard, I think. One thing is for sure - there is hardly any - (almost none) reflection of the dash on to the windshield.
Old 14th July 2013, 18:46   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Dev - I booked a Pearl white. Would have loved to book the Urban Bronze but stretching to the Ex just for the colour didn't make sense. No they don't display the Lx in the showroom but brought a car from their yard. Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me. Now I just need to figure out a solution for the arm rest problem
I also found the LX / EX to be much better, especially without the faux-wood. Now if only they had an EX 4x4 (preferably with airbags).

Last edited by chinkara : 14th July 2013 at 19:02.
Old 15th July 2013, 10:53   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Guys - a quick query. What would be a price range for after market alloys from decent brands for the OE size of the Storme. Want to take a decision between OE vs after market. Dealer confirmed that no issues with warranty as long as the specs remain the same
Old 15th July 2013, 11:16   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys - a quick query. What would be a price range for after market alloys from decent brands for the OE size of the Storme. Want to take a decision between OE vs after market. Dealer confirmed that no issues with warranty as long as the specs remain the same
Find out the correct PCD and offset value of the OEM alloys ,

AFAIK Safari OEM alloys have negative offset and aftermarket alloys with same spec are not very common among taiwanese imports.
Aura / neo used to have safari specific alloys but aura no longer exists.
Old 15th July 2013, 13:32   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It is rear, not front.

No, it's a pro-active replacement. My rear shocks were replaced even though there was no problem. It's one of the updates that was done, along with the door strikers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Oh ok. I was told that they were leaking. They were front coil over shockers. They are also replacing coil springs.

Ah well the great retro shop of tml starts.
@Condor, I do not think they are doing these replacements for ALL Stormes, but only in those where leakage is seen. I have seen the Tata Motors Checklist and this is what it says:

Front and Rear Shock Absorber (MAT617021DNC03933)

Check for oil leakage if any.

Replace if necessary.

They were ok and not replaced in my Storme during the recent check-up camp. Only the Steering big washers were (the steering end stopper bolts, Alternator U lock nut, and Door Striers had already been updated previously).
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 11:40   #1223
BHPian

Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer. Vehicle has reached Bangalore last night and is gone for PDI at the service center today. Hopeful of delivery by end of the week
No after market fittings as of now. Will check on Extended Warranty and AMC after speaking to the service engineer post 1st free service.
Question - Since the ICE is not great (read speakers only) should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time. Also, any other upgrades required which are essential and not nice to have ones
Old 16th July 2013, 12:27   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer. Vehicle has reached Bangalore last night and is gone for PDI at the service center today. Hopeful of delivery by end of the week
No after market fittings as of now. Will check on Extended Warranty and AMC after speaking to the service engineer post 1st free service.
Question - Since the ICE is not great (read speakers only) should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time. Also, any other upgrades required which are essential and not nice to have ones
Start with speakers. If you have budget, get amp. damping and sub.
I did it in steps.

Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-beast.html
Old 16th July 2013, 12:30   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Congratulations for your new ride , My 2 paisa advice you can take extended warranty and AMC with eyes shut. You can have 4 years of zero maintenance expense service.

7000 Rs for additional 1 year is dirt cheap for vehicle of this class and size.
Old 16th July 2013, 17:40   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ! Here's wishing a long, happy ownership. And welcome to the club
Quote:
should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time.
Upgrade the speakers. You can think of HU / Amp later. Just the speakers will make a lot of difference.

Get Extended Wty, and AMC. At least silver, or based on distance you plan to run each year. Dont miss either of these.
Old 16th July 2013, 18:45   #1227
BHPian

Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
Old 16th July 2013, 18:56   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
My front driver side headlamp unit was changed under warranty for fogging. You must complain. Ebonho also faced the same and got them changed.
Old 16th July 2013, 21:15   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Can you pls. provide some pictures of the fogging so that a solution can be thought of.
Old 17th July 2013, 09:12   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer.
Congrats ! Can you please elaborate on what comprised the "over 50k discount" - thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks