Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:28   #2926
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
My Arctic White Polo GT TSi is being delivered tomorrow.

I have owned a lot of 'enthusiast favourite' cars including the Fiesta 1.6S, Honda Civic, Swift 1.3DDIS and the Cruze 2.0LTZ but the passion shown by Polo TSi owners is unmatched, either on Team-Bhp or outside!

1. Couple of queries:
-- I might be getting MRF tires. What is the BEST size and brand for a quiet, supple and comfortable ride quality?
-- I am upgrading the headlight bulbs and maybe adding a low tone to the horn outside. Will not be splicing wires or cutting anything. Will this affect warranty? Philips headlight relay kit works well for headlights. I am using it for my Brio (which I got last week)
-- I intend to add my existing amplifiers and sub/s to the stock head unit. Should I add a processor in between, or just attach the stuff via Low-Level converter?
Woah frankmehta congrats on your latest pick and this probably is the most advanced technology of the lot !!

Considering your previous ownership threads, I can only imagine the info and details that will come out of your GT post.

Regarding your queries, I can answer the first 2 and I would leave the third to an expert here:

- I swapped my OEM tires to 205/55 R15 within a couple of days of my GT purchase and since then have been loving it. Ideally, many may suggest 195/60 but personally, I think 205/55 has give me the best experience so far. It is wide footprint, apparently much better during cornering and quite balanced when it comes to the ride itself.

- I swapped my OEB headlight bulbs to Hella 90/100 with the entire kit that costed me about 1.4k here in Bangalore. Get these and considering your GT will have a double barrel setup, you probably will never complain about the light throw.

This German Hot Hatch is one of the most mod-friendly cars on Indian soil today and availability/accessibility of parts may only be limited by thought alone!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd July 2015 at 12:29.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:23   #2927
BHPian

Welcome to the club frankmehta. replied to you in another thread as well, but here goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
1. Couple of queries:
-- I might be getting MRF tires. What is the BEST size and brand for a quiet, supple and comfortable ride quality?
Couple of options available in 205/55/16, but Yoko s drives are the preferred option. they are sporty, but tyre noise may be on a slightly higher side after some running, much less than stock tyres though.

Second option is 195/60/15. many options available in this size. best one to go for is Michelin P3ST. silent, supple and comfortable. But, may lack the outright grip of s drives

Quote:
-- I am upgrading the headlight bulbs and maybe adding a low tone to the horn outside. Will not be splicing wires or cutting anything. Will this affect warranty? Philips headlight relay kit works well for headlights. I am using it for my Brio (which I got last week)
I suggest you go for Philips XV H7 for high and low beams

For horn, your showroom can add a low tone for 2k. outside, you can get Hella trumpets at various price point from 700-1500.

Quote:
-- I intend to add my existing amplifiers and sub/s to the stock head unit. Should I add a processor in between, or just attach the stuff via Low-Level converter?
adding an amp is not suggested as it may overload the alternator, which isnt too strong here. Instead upgrade the speakers to focal VW integration or buy golf components from Ali.

Quote:
I have already ordered the following from AliExpress in anticipation of the car:
1. VCDS Cable.
2. Auto-Dimming IRVM
3. Dimming ORVM glass
4. Chrome Headlight Switch
5. Overhead cabin light with passenger and driver map lights.
Good choices, but IMO, chrome may look out of place as everything else is brushed aluminium in the cabin. try swapping it for brushed aluminium finish.

Quote:
I will be making small mods here and there, but not touching the drivetrain or the suspension.
a remap is a must to enjoy the full potential of this baby. Pete's is a safe bet, but a new map from revo is very strong. think about it. a remap isn't usually detectable so should not void warranty.

All the best with the new toy.
lalittalwar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 22:33   #2928
BHPian

Looks like VW is considering some serious launch this time, a Polo GTI says this report. Apparently it would be powered by a 1.8L TSI pumping out a whooping 192PS and 320NM torque. If priced well, I would call this a bad news for Abarth 595 and Abarth Punto.

Nice move VW!

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-volkswagenpologtiindiaspied.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-volkswagenpologtiindiaspiedpune.jpg

Courtesy: www.indiancarsbikes.in

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 24th July 2015 at 22:45. Reason: Added pics
Pferdestarke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 23:17   #2929
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I hope it comes soon! The wheels look like 16 inchers and the exterior mods are subtle but sporty. Just hope VW prices it right, 13-14lacs ex-showroom should be ideal 😛

Last edited by Suraj25 : 24th July 2015 at 23:21.
Old 24th July 2015, 23:53   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
I hope it comes soon! The wheels look like 16 inchers and the exterior mods are subtle but sporty. Just hope VW prices it right, 13-14lacs ex-showroom should be ideal 😛
While I would be excited, relevant posts from a few pages ago would advise caution.

If this does end up launching, can't be this year for sure, unless they are planning on CBU, which would then bring it to 22 lakhs easily - the price of 2 TSis and then some. Not to forget in markets like Malaysia GTIs go for 26 lakhs.

The wheels do look like 16 inchers, which may hint that they have been replaced by VW (for testing perhaps?). I don't think they are offered with anything other than 17" alloys elsewhere.

This car has panoramic sunroof, LED (not xenon) headlights, the GTI kit, the same side view mirrors as the top-end vento facelift (standard internationally) and of course the 1.8 TSi beast, not forgetting a brake-based LSD under the hood. I would say 17-18 in its current guise is still very aggressive pricing. Finally lets not forget the value quoted on Zauba when it was imported

Knowing VW in India, they can do a LOT of cost cutting like the current TSi and make it affordable. Like shoehorning the engine and leaving everything else the same as the TSi except for the badge - I'm not sure if that would be in their best interests though and for the brand.

Putting aside all my pessimism. I really hope VW and a lot of other manufacturers do take us and our passion for pocket rockets seriously. Cars that don't burn too much of a hole in our pockets and without too much compromise on performance. I'll be one of the first in line.

All we need is someone to start filling out the potholes around our "metro" cities now..
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 09:51   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post

...The wheels do look like 16 inchers, which may hint that they have been replaced by VW (for testing perhaps?). I don't think they are offered with anything other than 17" alloys elsewhere...

The 16" alloys made me believe that VW might have some special jugaad GTI for India to reduce costs. Yes, many dreams will be shattered if it comes in as a CBU(which I think is most likely). I already know how my father is going to react if I recommend a 22l hatch to replace our humble Fabia. All he's going to say is, "are you alright?" 😢
Old 25th July 2015, 14:28   #2932
BANNED

I don't think we should really mind a GTI put together for us in india with a few features skipped as long as the cost is kept under 17 lakhs or even below say under 15 lakhs.

The main thing is the 1.8 tsi engine. Its ok if they let go of things which would make the price crazy high.

I think it'll have a better chance of flying of the showrooms that way.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 25th July 2015 at 14:30.
Old 28th July 2015, 03:25   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
3. Anti glare ORVM with indicators
Is the turn LED a slight distraction? I was thinking of getting the same but a few people who saw the photo thought it'll be a distraction. Do share your experience thus far.
Old 28th July 2015, 20:33   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityan27 View Post
Is the turn LED a slight distraction? I was thinking of getting the same but a few people who saw the photo thought it'll be a distraction. Do share your experience thus far.
Been using it for more than a month but never found it distracting since the light intensity is not very bright and is hardly seen in day time. Also did a chennai-calicut-chennai drive with lot of its use during lane changes and never found it distracting. One more point is its an asphyrical lens with wider field of view compared to other mirrors and hence the led free area is wide enough. Hope it helps.
Old 28th July 2015, 23:56   #2935
BHPian

Experts need your help -

I am unable to play music via Bluetooth. This is happening on iOS and Android devices. The device gets connected to the system, is able to receive and dial phone numbers (with sound coming from speakers) but when I am playing music, the track is displayed but there is no sound.

I have reset the system, and have re-paired the devices multiple times. This is not working. Any suggestions here?

Also, I was surprised to know that voice command does not work without internet on Android. I thought this was iOS specific issue
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 02:42   #2936
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
I have reset the system, and have re-paired the devices multiple times. This is not working. Any suggestions here?
Happened with me, with my Android. And here's what worked:
Delete all paired devices from the car system and then delete all paired devices from the phone, as well.

Pair everything again, and it should work.

Another thing to note is that you'll need to bring the system in Media mode and then select BT Audio for music to play.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 09:20   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
I was surprised to know that voice command does not work without internet on Android. I thought this was iOS specific issue
It's not an issue - be it iOS or Android, voice commands are processed into text or commands on the server side, and hence internet is necessary to do so.
Old 29th July 2015, 13:57   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Happened with me, with my Android. And here's what worked:
Delete all paired devices from the car system and then delete all paired devices from the phone, as well.

Pair everything again, and it should work.

Another thing to note is that you'll need to bring the system in Media mode and then select BT Audio for music to play.
Playing music via this route only: media>bt audio. Have unpaired all the devices from the vw radio but didn't do for the phone, will try this as well! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
It's not an issue - be it iOS or Android, voice commands are processed into text or commands on the server side, and hence internet is necessary to do so.
Off topic again: I think simple features like call mom should work without Internet. Probably saw it on S-voice!
Old 29th July 2015, 15:38   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Experts need your help -

I am unable to play music via Bluetooth. This is happening on iOS and Android devices. The device gets connected to the system, is able to receive and dial phone numbers (with sound coming from speakers) but when I am playing music, the track is displayed but there is no sound.
switch on the bluetooth on your device before turning the ignition key. I dont know the reason for this happening, but hit and trial has led me to use this method. BTW, i use a windows phone and this problem is encountered there as well. So, we can safely say that RCD320 is a non-discriminating HU
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 17:18   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing the same issue in my month old Polo Highline TDI with RCD 320. After many trials & errors, I think I've found a way around it. Once the pairing is done & BT audio starts playing music, try pressing the mute button on the steering once. After 2-3 seconds, press it again to un-mute. The sound then starts coming from the speakers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks